Vegeta the 32 Year Old Virgin ?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Re: Vegeta the 32 Year Old Virgin ?

Post by soulnova » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:31 am

dbgtFO wrote:^ She's probably also referring to your interpretation of the "Vegeta being disgusted by Bulma" scene.

Yes, that's what I mean.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:14 am

soulnova wrote:
Bussani wrote:I think the only thing in the series that even hints that Saiyans have sex drives is the existence of Trunks, although that could have been more to do with Bulma than Vegeta... There's also the fact that they didn't go extinct, I guess.

Well, not from lack of procreating, at least.

Seriously, though, I could easily believe that Saiyans only have sex to continue the species and would rather be out fighting and getting stronger than being with the opposite sex.
This is what I believe. Even Raditz alluded to the small number of Saiyan before the "disaster". You would think they would breed like rabbits to get their numbers up and conquer more planets, but it seems like fighting is of higher priority than mating.
I imagine that the women might not want to breed, due to the fact that the baby could get damaged during battle. One good jab to the stomach and that baby is done. That's nine months that the women have to spend without fighting, and that may not be preferable.

Deep Thought
Beyond Newbie

Post by Deep Thought » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:41 am

I think that Vegeta was molested by Zarbon. The line that Vegeta says to Zarbon before killing him, "After all those years you have treated me like a slave?" seems to imply this, since he didn't say this to Dodoria even though they were both his superiors in power and rank. So in that regard, Vegeta isn't a virgin.

Completely unrelated image.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:35 pm

Deep Thought wrote:I think that Vegeta was molested by Zarbon. The line that Vegeta says to Zarbon before killing him, "After all those years you have treated me like a slave?" seems to imply this, since he didn't say this to Dodoria even though they were both his superiors in power and rank. So in that regard, Vegeta isn't a virgin.

Yeah, which may explain his egotistical/narcissistic behaviour and general abrasiveness towards even his closest companions, since he was psychologically troubled to a great degree.

It's also likely that, in the Bardock special, Dodoria did rape Selypa before he killed her, as implied by the state of her corpse.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:57 pm

^^^ Ugh... that would royally suck for her.

Well, in the fanfiction community, the theory that Freezer abused Vegeta is much more prevalent than Zarbon's theory, which many explain is the reason why he broke down at the end of his fight with Freeza and appeared nude with Goku. (although TFS's Enma taking his clothes is a hilarious explanation).
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:01 pm

This thread is quite an unexpected topic, but, oh well...
I think we shouldn't look to far into it and Saiyans basically have the same sex drive than humans.

As far as Vegeta is concerned, he had his own ways to express his strong pulsions: I think destroying whole population and planets might do the trick as far as "expressing wild pulsions" go and it might catch up for not having sex, in an horribly evil way of course. (many murderers are depicted as finding satisfaction similar to sexual atisfaction in murder, and given how Vegeta seems to enjoy destroying lives until the Cell era starts - which is when he starts seeing the strong-tempered Bulma as the first slightly interesting woman ever...).

And Goku, well, once he's learned about it, he just has sex for fun when needed just like anybody else: he's surprised to see Goten, not saying "oh, good, I see our attempt to have a second child was a success after all", but more like "what?! Who's that?! Oh, right, I didn't think about that possible consequence back then, that's not really what I had in mind!!". 8)

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:41 pm

Not that anyone can claim there is evidence either way, but I think he was a virgin up until the conception of Trunks (that's how I portray him in my fanfic, at least :P). He just seems so single mindedly focused on being the strongest that it's hard to imagine him wanting to go around and bang a bunch of random chicks. Yeah, that's probably just because Toriyama didn't want to spend any time portraying the sexual/romantic stuff, but I can easily imagine Vegeta seeing such things as a waste of time. However, after living with Bulma for a couple of years and watching her strut around, he may have just lost his focus for a little while :wink:

As for the theory that since Vegeta was a mass-murderer he was also probably a rapist....eh, I don't think the two have to be connected. He seems much more likely to assert his dominance through fighting, not sexual assault. He's a very prideful guy, and I don't think forcing himself on a defenseless woman would be in line with that sense of pride.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:25 pm

Would this explain why Vegeta is always cranky ? Remember 40 days and 40 Nights when the guy began getting cranky, and irritated.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:17 pm

sailorspazz wrote:Not that anyone can claim there is evidence either way, but I think he was a virgin up until the conception of Trunks (that's how I portray him in my fanfic, at least :P). He just seems so single mindedly focused on being the strongest that it's hard to imagine him wanting to go around and bang a bunch of random chicks. Yeah, that's probably just because Toriyama didn't want to spend any time portraying the sexual/romantic stuff, but I can easily imagine Vegeta seeing such things as a waste of time*. However, after living with Bulma for a couple of years and watching her strut around**, he may have just lost his focus for a little while :wink:

As for the theory that since Vegeta was a mass-murderer he was also probably a rapist....eh, I don't think the two have to be connected. He seems much more likely to assert his dominance through fighting, not sexual assault. He's a very prideful guy, and I don't think forcing himself on a defenseless woman would be in line with that sense of pride.

*Thank you. I forgot to add that bit.

**I believe Bulma was the one taking the initiative. At the very least, that's how it feels when Trunks tells Goku that she saw Vegeta was "lonely".

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:23 pm

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Checked the pic without checking poster and assumed StarRot.
Oh gosh.

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:07 am

Rapes. Lots and lots of space rapes.
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:13 am

Jesus Christ...some of you guys have some rather morbid interpretations of the things that go on in Dragon Ball :|
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:37 pm

soulnova wrote:I believe Bulma was the one taking the initiative. At the very least, that's how it feels when Trunks tells Goku that she saw Vegeta was "lonely".
It's likely that Blooma just dressed up the whole thing to sound more extraordinary in her favour so Trunks wouldn't feel so bad about losing her father he never met (explaining why he was so surprised that Vegeta was such a heartless dick), just like she lied to Trunks about Yamcha cheating on her when most of the evidence shows that Blooma was the more promiscuous partner.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Dr. Casey » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:04 pm

kemuri07 wrote:
Saiga wrote:
kemuri07 wrote:I kind of find it hilarious that no one bats an eye over the fact that Vegeta has probably murdered tens of thousands of various organisms across the galaxy--yet, rape would somehow be the most shocking thing he'd ever done.

Classic.
I think it's more the fact that mass murder is something Vegeta actually has done while rape is something that there is no basis for accusing him of.
But no one is really saying that Vegeta, as he is portrayed in the show, is an actual rapist. What we're doing is providing a hypothetical glance at his life that goes beyond that of the "black-and-white" nature of the show. As far as the actual television series is concerned, characters only have sex in order to procreate. Obviously anything in this thread is conjecture (see: bullshit) because the show never gives us that side of the characters--nor should it. However, if we're to look at Vegeta as if he was living, breathing complex organism rather than the single-minded archetype he's portrayed in the show, is it really all that unlikely that Vegeta or Nappa (or any of the saiyans for that matter) would gleefully add sexual assault to the list of "pretty shitty things" they've done in their lives?
Vegeta isn't a single-minded archetype, and I don't think the Dragon Ball characters have sex only to procreate. They only have sex with their husband or wife, yeah, but there's no reason to assume they don't get it on just for the fun of it, just like any other couple.
jjgp wrote:Jesus Christ...some of you guys have some rather morbid interpretations of the things that go on in Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball never implies anything about Vegeta raping women, but rape certainly isn't something that's beneath Vegeta (and it goes well with the whole 'Space Vikings' motif the Saiyans have going on). I doubt Vegeta would go "I might gleefully murder entire races, and I might kill my partner of 20 years without batting an eye... but the one thing I would never do is rape someone! That's just sick, man."
Princess Snake avatars courtesy of Kunzait, Chibi Goku avatar from Velasa.

NovaSayajinGoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by NovaSayajinGoku » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:26 pm

Hi

In the Chapter 204 Nappa says: So If we were to "provide" more such Superchildren. (So if we "spawn" a flock of them ourselves.)

He and Vegeta are the only Saiyans. Mean what they would be forced to fertilize female earthlings!
I think Sayajins have little sense of charm and it is easier for them to pairs. just like Animals!

It is true Dragonball is directed at children. But something's part of it.
Akira Toriyama had already brutal fantasies. Mean just look at the Women Dabura which has split.

I hope you understand :oops:

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:29 pm

NovaSayajinGoku wrote: Mean just look at the Women Dabura which has split.

Can you clarify a little more, I don't seem to get that last part. :)
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

NovaSayajinGoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by NovaSayajinGoku » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:14 pm

Insertclevername wrote:
NovaSayajinGoku wrote: Mean just look at the Women Dabura which has split.

Can you clarify a little more, I don't seem to get that last part. :)
Dabura or Babidis Henchmens kills a Family on the Land. You see a dead Boy, a Men (Dad) and a Women (Mom) cuted in half.

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:17 am

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
Deep Thought wrote:I think that Vegeta was molested by Zarbon. The line that Vegeta says to Zarbon before killing him, "After all those years you have treated me like a slave?" seems to imply this, since he didn't say this to Dodoria even though they were both his superiors in power and rank. So in that regard, Vegeta isn't a virgin.

Yeah, which may explain his egotistical/narcissistic behaviour and general abrasiveness towards even his closest companions, since he was psychologically troubled to a great degree.

It's also likely that, in the Bardock special, Dodoria did rape Selypa before he killed her, as implied by the state of her corpse.
Or after she was dead... Or maybe both.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:35 pm

Silver Sinspawn wrote:Rapes. Lots and lots of space rapes.
I just don't see Vegeta as a rapist. I can definitely imagine him seducing women though, and killing them if they don't agree.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:38 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Image
That looks more like a mature Pan than Chichi.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.