How would you incorporate the movies into the series?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ YUSUKE
Beyond Newbie

How would you incorporate the movies into the series?

Post by SSJ YUSUKE » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:08 am

Lets say that in some world, all 13 of the Z movies were incorporated into the series as their own sagas, how and where would you fit them in and how would you change the story?

DBZnut
Not-So-Newbie

Re: How would you incorporate the movies into the series?

Post by DBZnut » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:20 am

That can't happen with a lot of movies as they don't fit anyway. Fusion reborn comes to mind, how could you make that a saga?
Oh, hi there.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:06 pm

These are the only films I can think of that could reasonably be rewritten to fit into the main continuity without changing too much of te details.

DBZ Movie #1: I wouldn't change much, other than Kuririn not being surprised by Gohan's existence at the Kame House reunion. So perhaps Kuririn would introduce Gohan as Gokuu's son this time. And I wouldn't make Gokuu and Piccolo act as if it was their first time teaming up against Raditz, since they would've already done so against Garlic Jr. Maybe they'd have a bit more camaraderie.

DBZ Movie #5: King Cold is at least mentioned by Coola as being killed by a Super Saiyan along with Freeza. And since Coola and the Armoured Squadron know the last known location of Freeza was on Namek and the Super Saiyan was on Earth, or something like that, they deduce that Gokuu (not Trunks, who would've returned to the future) was the one who killed Freeza. Gokuu never gets a time to explain. Oh, and Gohan looks like he did after the time-skip.

DBZ Movie #6: It's during the three years of training for the Androids, and the child of Katatz is still Kami this time. Dende is just one of the Namekians under siege on New Namek. This could explain how, after waking up from his heart virus, Gokuu just "instinctively" knows that Vegeta's a Super Saiyan.

DBZ Movie #9: No need to really do anything, since it already fits in perfectly. Only changes I'd suggest is explaining Trunks' long hair by briefly mentioning that he found out about the Tenkaichi Dai-Budoukai and decided to stick around to participate with his friends, and in that time his hair grew back. Also, Blooma (present or future) mended his sword at some point.

DBZ Movie #13: Just explain Gokuu's apparently superior performance against Hildegarn compared to Gotenks and Gohan as the latter half-Saiyans just getting hit off-guard. Oh, and let Piccolo, Mr. Satan and Mr. Boo make an appearance.
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:25 pm

DBZnut wrote:That can't happen with a lot of movies as they don't fit anyway. Fusion reborn comes to mind, how could you make that a saga?
I like how the third Legacy of Goku was able to put Fusion Reborn into the story line. Just remove all of the scenes of hell breaking out lose and have it take place right after Goku came back from Earth then it might work maybe.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:52 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:DBZ Movie #1: I wouldn't change much, other than Kuririn not being surprised by Gohan's existence at the Kame House reunion. So perhaps Kuririn would introduce Gohan as Gokuu's son this time. And I wouldn't make Gokuu and Piccolo act as if it was their first time teaming up against Raditz, since they would've already done so against Garlic Jr. Maybe they'd have a bit more camaraderie.
Kuririn still doesn't know who Gohan was, and he didn't have time to ponder about it.
DBZ Movie #5: King Cold is at least mentioned by Coola as being killed by a Super Saiyan along with Freeza. And since Coola and the Armoured Squadron know the last known location of Freeza was on Namek and the Super Saiyan was on Earth, or something like that, they deduce that Gokuu (not Trunks, who would've returned to the future) was the one who killed Freeza. Gokuu never gets a time to explain. Oh, and Gohan looks like he did after the time-skip.
Many people says it doesn't fit because of Gohan's hairstyle that looks exactly the same it was when he was on Namek, but he could easily cut his hair.
DBZ Movie #13: Just explain Gokuu's apparently superior performance against Hildegarn compared to Gotenks and Gohan as the latter half-Saiyans just getting hit off-guard. Oh, and let Piccolo, Mr. Satan and Mr. Boo make an appearance.
It wasn't so much that Goku was stronger than Gotenks and Gohan. It's that Goku figured out his weakness and exploited it via Dragon Fist. They were unable to do that.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:40 pm

I think Movie 1 was originally view as a what if movie, like what would happen if Goku didn't die against Radditz. Which could explain why Kuririn knew who Gohan was. Movie 1 was released on July 15, 1989, the same time where Vegeta and Nappa where on Planet Arlia in the DBZ anime. I think the Garlic Jr saga later made people think that it took before Radditz came to Earth.
She/Her

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:57 pm

I tried doing that for years. It's best not to think about it. Just think of the movie universe as an alternate universe where certain things happened differently.

Except movie 9. It's canon, because I say so.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

andrewtuell1991
Beyond Newbie

Post by andrewtuell1991 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:33 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:DBZ Movie #9: No need to really do anything, since it already fits in perfectly. Only changes I'd suggest is explaining Trunks' long hair by briefly mentioning that he found out about the Tenkaichi Dai-Budoukai and decided to stick around to participate with his friends, and in that time his hair grew back. Also, Blooma (present or future) mended his sword at some point.
While it fits better than the others, their is one rather glaring issue that's always bothered me, and I don't mean Future Trunks's hair length or Tenshinhan's appearance. It showed Gohan actually enjoy fighting despite the fact that he point blank told Cell in the Cell Games that he didn't like fighting the same way Goku does. Maybe if they slightly rewrote so that Chichi made him participate to win the prize money it'd be perfect, but showing Gohan enjoy casual fighting just goes against everything we know about his character up to that point.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:54 pm

Putting the movies into the timeline just make their head hurt. I think Movie 9 and 13 are the only ones that fit. I remember some people nit pick on Movie 13 saying that it can't fit because Goku killed Hildegarn. The dragon fist attack was a plot device and not to mention that it's a powerful attack. That attack could be strong enough to kill pretty much any DBZ villain expect for Super Buu (And his other forums) and maybe Kid Buu.
andrewtuell1991 wrote:[
It showed Gohan actually enjoy fighting despite the fact that he point blank told Cell in the Cell Games that he didn't like fighting the same way Goku does.
I always thought that Gohan could have changed his mind after defeating Cell?
She/Her

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:09 pm

Maybe he enjoys it as long as it's just a friendly competition.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:20 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:DBZ Movie #1: I wouldn't change much, other than Kuririn not being surprised by Gohan's existence at the Kame House reunion. So perhaps Kuririn would introduce Gohan as Gokuu's son this time. And I wouldn't make Gokuu and Piccolo act as if it was their first time teaming up against Raditz, since they would've already done so against Garlic Jr. Maybe they'd have a bit more camaraderie.
Kuririn still doesn't know who Gohan was, and he didn't have time to ponder about it.
Despite the fact that Gokuu said something like "Look after my son for me!" So why would he act so surprised, along with Roushi and Blooma, later?
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
Many people says it doesn't fit because of Gohan's hairstyle that looks exactly the same it was when he was on Namek, but he could easily cut his hair.
You know that Gohan had also grown between Namek and Freeza coming to Earth? He looks just like he did on Namek, yet he was both taller and had a different hairstyle more than a year later.
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
It wasn't so much that Goku was stronger than Gotenks and Gohan. It's that Goku figured out his weakness and exploited it via Dragon Fist. They were unable to do that.
I never said that. I just said that Gokuu's performance looks superior to Gotenks and Gohan, seeming to tank his blows better than Gotenks and Gohan ever did. But, on top of Gokuu figuring out and exploiting Hildegarn's weakness, they could make it a point that Gotenks and Gohan were hit off-guard. Just elaborate a bit of some stuff.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:30 pm

Gohan also has his tail in Movie 5. It's possible that it grew back but I would imagine that someone would have noticed it by now?
She/Her

matt0044
Advanced Regular

Post by matt0044 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:40 pm

penguintruth wrote:Maybe he enjoys it as long as it's just a friendly competition.
Right. He doesn't like fighting for the wrong reasons but a little competition never hurt anyone so long as he holds back enough.

OutlawTorn
Regular

Post by OutlawTorn » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:20 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I think Movie 1 was originally view as a what if movie, like what would happen if Goku didn't die against Radditz. Which could explain why Kuririn knew who Gohan was.
I'm not sure how it is in Japanese, but I remember in the FUNimation dub (at the very least, with the Ocean voices) when Krillin is rehearsing how to tell Chichi that Piccolo has taken Gohan, he says something along the lines of "Gohan has been kidnapped... again" which really only makes sense when if the events of Movie 1 really took place and occurred before Raditz's arrival.

To quote Chief O'Brien: "I hate temporal mechanics."

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:48 pm

andrewtuell1991 wrote:While it fits better than the others, their is one rather glaring issue that's always bothered me, and I don't mean Future Trunks's hair length or Tenshinhan's appearance. It showed Gohan actually enjoy fighting despite the fact that he point blank told Cell in the Cell Games that he didn't like fighting the same way Goku does. Maybe if they slightly rewrote so that Chichi made him participate to win the prize money it'd be perfect, but showing Gohan enjoy casual fighting just goes against everything we know about his character up to that point.
I assumed Gohan doesn't like to fight serious, life or death battles rather than friendly competition and training. He hates killing not competitive fighting.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:10 pm

Insertclevername wrote:
andrewtuell1991 wrote:While it fits better than the others, their is one rather glaring issue that's always bothered me, and I don't mean Future Trunks's hair length or Tenshinhan's appearance. It showed Gohan actually enjoy fighting despite the fact that he point blank told Cell in the Cell Games that he didn't like fighting the same way Goku does. Maybe if they slightly rewrote so that Chichi made him participate to win the prize money it'd be perfect, but showing Gohan enjoy casual fighting just goes against everything we know about his character up to that point.
I assumed Gohan doesn't like to fight serious, life or death battles rather than friendly competition and training. He hates killing not competitive fighting.
That is corect as his line is "I heard the world martial arts tournament helped my dad get stronger, I hope this intergalactic version will do the same" I know this cause Bojack unbound was my first ever time watching Dragon Ball and I watched it 100 times.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:50 am

First, I'd distinguish between two types of plotholes: timing-based plotholes, such as people being pulled out of the middle of a storyline (the general trend for movies), and mechanics-based plotholes (where the movie makes something up that doesn't even work in filler, like Goku punching Bojak from beyond the grave).

We could try and just... interrupt the arcs appropriately. That is difficult, but let's try:

- Garlic Jr happened after Gohan met everyone at Kamehouse, but before Raditz showed up. Maybe there were two parties, and what we got in the manga was a splicing-together of the two? (Problem: Gohan recognizes Piccolo and doesn't seem terrified when he shows up?)

- Piccolo survives his Nappa injuries. Dr. Wheelo happens.
- Piccolo dies, somehow. Perhaps Kami is assassinated or something. Tien tries to kill himself when he gets resurrected and Chaozu doesn't, and Kami attempts to stop him and dies in the process, reminding everyone of Namek?
- So Namek happens, but the second DB wish is to take everyone to Earth instead, escaping Freeza's wrath. Freeza rushes off to find any traces of other Namekians, and forces Slug to head to Earth. By then, Movie 3 happened.
- The surviving Namekians (which I guess are Saichoro/Nail/Dende), return to Namek when the coast is clear... except Freeza notices, so the Freeza arc picks up where it left off. Vegeta didn't go to Earth earlier, but was kinda heading that way when everyone left, since he thought he still had a shot at immortality and wasn't ready to face Freeza without it...
- Goku got back to Earth only a few weeks after beating Freeza, but Cooler left a ship in orbit that abducted him while he was showing Ginyu's pod to Dr. Breef. He gets put into stasus in the process of trying to escape and thus goes off on his trip to Yardrat.
- Dende-as-Kami does not work. Have him contact Kami telepathically through Muri toward the end of the three years of training.
- Movie 7 happens in the timeline that the Trunks that Cell killed went to. ... Um, except that Cell kinda killed two Trunkses. The Trunks whose time machine Cell stole, then.
- Broli is a RoSaT illusion that everyone who entered to train for Cell shared. However, he was based on a real saiyan who kinda got pulled into the real world because of Goku using shunkan-idou to escape the destruction of Neo Vegeta.
- Movie 9 is fine.
- Movie 10 follows from what I said about movie 8.
- Babidi doesn't tell Dabura to take everyone out immediately, so Krillin is available for movie 11. #18 tells him to go help after the fact, then goes herself to keep hounding Mr. Satan. That's when Dabura tarts spitting everywhere.
- Movie12... Umm... Buu fakes dead really well, so Goku and Vegeta stay dead while everyone else comes back to life... then Buu pops up again and we finish the arc.
- Movie 13 is fine.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:08 pm

Movie 1: The simpliest way to make this one work is to alter the Kame House dialogue in Z to reflect Krillin meeting Gohan, and Goku and Piccolo teaming up previously, thus making it prior to Raditz (maybe even just a couple of days prior). Trying to put Garlic Jr. after Raditz screws things up, since the DBs wouldn't have time to regenerate betwen Jr's immortality wish and Goku's revival, and if Goku doesn't die vs. Raditz Piccolo wouldn't have need to mention the DBs and so Nappa and Vegeta wouldn't come looking for them.

Movie 2: Tweak the movie and the series so that Vegeta and Nappa are late getting to Earth, and Goku's already been revived. Kochin doesn't use the DBs to free Wheelo, Wheelo's just simply finished his body stealing machine now and so they go to work. They defeat Wheelo, but Goku's injured pretty badly in the exchance. Nappa and Vegeta arrive and the others go to fend them off while Goku has to wait for a Senzu before he can join them.

Movie 3: Nappa doesn't manage to kill anyone during the Saiyan saga battles before Goku takes him out. Goku also has enough senzus following his movie 2 recovery that he heals with one right after beating Vegeta. A day or two later, Turles and co arrive. The DBs were not used to recover the burned forest (because it doesn't catch fire, and they're still charging from reviving Goku). Tien, Chaotzu, and Yamcha are killed in this battle, thus explaining their absences in movie 4.

Movie 4: Slug's not an old fart, so he needs no wish for youth, and makes none (and the DBs are still recharging from Goku's revival anyway). Slug arrives maybe a week after Trules' defeat. In the fight with Slug Piccolo ends up dead, thus prompting the trip to Namek.

Movie 5: Goku defeats Freeza prior to the wish moving everyone back to Earth, thus he returns to Earth with Gohan and the others and isn't lost in space for over a year. Cooler comes to Earth between Freeza's defeat and Trunks' arrival. Vegeta's MIA because he's gone off into space to sulk/train in an effort to defeat Goku. Goku's return following Trunks' arrival, is not from the Freeza battle but from an off-world training trip he took so he could go all out without worrying about damaging the Earth and so on.

Movie 6: Kick Dende out as Kami, put Kami back in place, set the movie a month or two before the Androids show up, and it pretty much worksn as is after that. Goku's the only one who saw SSJ Vegeta so the other's being shocked over it still works fine.

Movie 7: Cut out the scene of 17 killing Gero at the start. Trunks has come back a couple of days early, prior to the (expected) arrival of the Androids. 13, 14, and 15 are released by Gero, not by his computer, and the movie proceeds pretty much as normal (but with the shock-and-awe over Vegeta's SSJ transformation happening here, against 15, instead of against 19). Following the defeat of Super 13 Goku's sickness has kicked in. Vegeta and the others head for Gero's lab, which they learned the general location of thanks to a few slips of the tongue by 13, 14, and 15. Meanwhile, Gero has no choice but to activate 17 and 18, who kill him, and things proceed as normal from there.

Movie 8: Cell wasn't quite as powerful as Goku had feared, and so Goku was able to kill him at the Cell Games, without the need of Gohan. The park picnic is in celebration of Cell's defeat. Toei punch is replaced by SSJ2 Gohan, which is triggered by the death of Goku.

Movie 9: Works just fine, though Bojack and his gangs origins need a little tweaking, since King Kai's not dead and all.

Movie 10: Pre-Buu, post Saiyaman, works just fine since movie 8's already been worked in.

Movie 11: Goku doesn't come back for the tournament, no Majins show up for it, and no Kaioshin. No one but 18 competes, and she throws the finals to Satan, setting up the money he owes at the start of 11. These events happen about a week after the tournament.

Movie 12: A few days after movie 11's stuff ends, Goku gets his day on Earth, at the request of Kaioshin, who also gathers the others in an effort to help him track down Buu. All things Buu happen the same up to Goku's return to Otherworld (except that Kaioshin and Gohan are on Earth still, instead of the Kaioshin planet). As soon as Goku returns to Otherworld, he realizes something's up, and we have the Janemba fight. No undead running about on Earth, though. Shortly after Janemba's defeat Goku senses Kaioshin and Gohan and the Buu saga continues as normal (potara fusion used to create Vegetto as Vegeta refuses to do that 'riduculous dance' again).

Movie 13: Works just fine a few weeks after Buu.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:20 am

Here's how I would see it.

Movie #1: It happens a year before the reunion at Roshi's house. Krillin is more shocked that Gohan is actually Goku's son rather than some kid Goku was just trying to save being the hero he is and all. Besides, the forgetting Gohan thing doesn't bug me since other things in the series were forgotten and reintroduced without much concern. Piccolo's regeneration, for example.

Movie #2: Happens in the 1st year of the 3 year gap between the Frieza & Android Sagas. Goku didn't just turn Super Saiyan because he didn't feel he needed to, and he was right.

Movie #3: Happens in the 2nd year of the 3 year gap between the Frieza & Android Sagas. Goku didn't use Super Saiyan against Turles because he didn't want to make the battle unfair since Turles can't become a Super Saiyan. As absolutely asinine as that sounds, Goku's done similar actions in the past and will in the future; giving Piccolo a free hit, not getting Gero before he made the Androids, and giving Cell a senzu bean are all examples of his "play fair" attitude.

Movie #4: Happens in the 3rd year of the 3 year gap between the Frieza & Android Sagas. Goku doesn't use Super Saiyan because he can't fully focus his power due to the extreme cold.

Movie #5: Also happens in the 3rd year of the 3 year gap between the Frieza & Android Sagas. It pretty much fits perfectly anyway. Perhaps Goku waited to use Super Saiyan as a way of testing himself. Once he realized he couldn't take Cooler in his base form, he goes ahead and transforms, and makes the fight extremely one sided in his favor.

Movie #6: Can't do it. It just can't work with Dende being the guardian.

Movie #7: Also happens in the 3rd year of the 3 year gap between the Frieza & Android Sagas. Gero's death is either a foreshadowing of what's to come or what everyone is under the assumption of happens to him via Trunks' prediction. He's actually undergoing his own transformation from Dr. Gero to Android 20, so his computer is programmed to finish modifications to Androids 13, 14, & 15. Trunks is there to check on everyone to make sure things are going to plan and gets caught up in the mess. This one is a pretty big stretch but it's the only way I can imagine it working.

Movie #8: Happens in the 10 day gap before the Cell games.

BONUS - The Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans Remake: Also happens in the 10 day gap before the Cell games.

Movie #9: Happens between Cell & Buu Sagas. This one, like Movie #5, pretty much fits perfectly.

Movie #10: Happens in the month of training for the Tenkaichi Budokai.

Movie #11: Happens shortly after Goku returns to the afterlife in the Buu Saga. Given what's went down, the gang gives Goten & Trunks the rest of the day off which is when this adventure happens. The resume their Fusion training the following day. The area they're in obviously hasn't been affected by Buu yet.

Movie #12: Can't do it. It just doesn't work.

Movie #13: Fits wonderfully after Buu's defeat & reincarnation.

BONUS - Goku & his Friends Return: Fits wonderfully after Buu's defeat & reincarnation.

BONUS - Episode of Bardock: Fits right after Bardock: The Father of Goku.

BONUS - The Upcoming Dragon Ball Z Movie: Apparently it fits officially after Buu's defeat & reincarnation.
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:02 am

Movie 1: Krillin recognizes Gohan before Radditz appears. Don't think the fact that Goku and Piccolo teamed up needs to become a big deal; Piccolo would downplay it. Basically already fits.

Movie 2: Pre-Radditz. You'd change the dynamic of the fight almost entirely, but the concept is so pre-Z that it could work.

Movie 3 and 4 are either Android timeskip 3 years or nothing, and you'd have to change too much about them to fit in a world where Super Sayain exists.

Movie 5 and 6: Android 3 year timeskip. If you really wanted to have fun, you could have Goku find out about Vegeta's making Super Sayain years before anyone else for 6.

Movie 7: Really can't think of anything; putting it in the Android timeskip makes the original ones pointless.

Movie 8: Pre-Cell Games.

Movie 9: Already fits.

Movie 10: 7 year timeskip folks; axe Videl- presuming the 28th tournament happens so soon after Gohan starts training her- and your golden. No Vegeta? Movie wasn't about Vegeta.

Movie 11: Doesn't fit.

Movie 12: Hellspawn is correct; Buu Fury's "Fusion Reborn with no hell spilling over" works perfectly. The battle of the movie is relatively brief, so it wouldn't drag on too long. If anything you could tie it in to Buu in some weird way and just make the genie even more top villain.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada