If Saiyans > Kaioshin why was Piccolo afraid to fight?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Re: If Saiyans > Kaioshin why was Piccolo afraid to fight?

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:01 pm

Think he's referring to Base Vegeta :lol:
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:06 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:I can't be sure if Kaioshin was actually stronger then base vegeta, but he could easily restrain him if he could hold back SSJ2 Gohan. That should count for something.
Kaioshin stated that it might be hard to restrain Gohan and Vegeta is much stronger at this point in time so he might be unable to do so.
He restrained Gohan as an SSJ2. Kaioshin should easily restrain Vegeta unless he went SSJ2. You can't possibly think Kaioshin can't restrain Base Vegeta or SSJ.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:12 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
TheMightyOzaru wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:I can't be sure if Kaioshin was actually stronger then base vegeta, but he could easily restrain him if he could hold back SSJ2 Gohan. That should count for something.
Kaioshin stated that it might be hard to restrain Gohan and Vegeta is much stronger at this point in time so he might be unable to do so.
He restrained Gohan as an SSJ2. Kaioshin should easily restrain Vegeta unless he went SSJ2. You can't possibly think Kaioshin can't restrain Base Vegeta or SSJ.
I didnt say he couldnt restrain base or SSJ.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:14 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:I didnt say he couldnt restrain base or SSJ.
You seem to have missed where I said in context he could restrain Base Vegeta. And then you said he couldn't.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:18 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
You seem to have missed where I said in context he could restrain Base Vegeta. And then you said he couldn't.
I said he couldnt restrain SSJ2 Vegeta. If I didnt clarify then I meant to though.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:22 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
I said he couldnt restrain SSJ2 Vegeta. If I didnt clarify then I meant to though.
You didn't really clarify. You took my first point as including SSJ2 Vegeta when it doesn't. So you must have misread the context. My point was that I am not sure if he is physically stronger as I just regarded him as a weak god, But he could easily restrain Vegeta(without SSJ2). Everything else depends on how his psychic powers work if he can damage Vegeta.

Titan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Titan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:40 am

Hitiro wrote:
Titan wrote:Just, because, the others can't sense any Ki coming from No.17 and 18, it doesn't mean that they don't have artificial ki
who can be lent to the Genki-Dama.

Maybe A-17 has listened Goku's voice when he was inside Cell.
The problem is, unless Dr. Gero was a super genius I doubt he could create artificial ki so close to the original biological version that it could be lent to the Genki Dama. But lets say he could. Why would they need all the earthlings to contribute their energy? They could just use 18's ki by itself, the androids ki supply is endless due to the generator in their bodies so they never run out of ki or get fatigued. They could just get 18 to keep pouring her ki into the Genki Dama and fill it up that way. I choose to believe that both 17 and 18 have kept their biological ki (which should be the only kind the Genki Dama takes) intact but its at the level of an ordinary human.

As for 17's "he probably heard Goku's voice when he was inside Cell." theory. I'm not too sure, we don't have much to go on. Perhaps it is possible but I would rather think that Dr. Gero played video's of Goku's fights and pointed out his weaknesses and strengths to 17 and 18 in some way. They seemed to know about the Senzu's after they beat up Piccolo, Trunks, Vegeta and Tenshinhan.
Everything you are saying makes sense.
We also know that A-17 has a database about the Z-senshi, therefore, it is very likely that he heard Goku's voice in a video.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:37 am

Titan wrote:Everything you are saying makes sense.
We also know that A-17 has a database about the Z-senshi, therefore, it is very likely that he heard Goku's voice in a video.
The only place my theory falls down on is why didn't 17 or 18 know where Goku lives? Only 16 knew that. But we could just put it down to "their re-programming not being finished" as Dr. Gero stated in the story.

Titan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Titan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:37 pm

Hitiro wrote:
Titan wrote:Everything you are saying makes sense.
The only place my theory falls down on is why didn't 17 or 18 know where Goku lives? Only 16 knew that. But we could just put it down to "their re-programming not being finished" as Dr. Gero stated in the story.
Of course, we can also agree on that as well.