Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by Perfect » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:59 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote: You haven't proven shit -_-. These are easily some of the most ridiculous responces I've heard. Goku messing with Mr Satan is your reasoning for this? :lolno: . Where is my proof that the reincarnation is just as powerful? Well lets take a look at the defintion of Reincarnation: 1.The rebirth of a soul in a new body. Hmm a soul eh? Well Ki energy comes from a soul, well more like it is the soul, and since Uub has the soul of Pure Buu he would be just as powerful. Plus if Goku has been anticipating someone for a long time you know he is powerful.
Someone seems agitated. Just look at the panel, Goku's merely poking fun at something he knows and Mr. Satan doesn't. Goku's obviously aware of how much the title means to him and the world, after all it was what allowed them to beat Boo in the end. Hence why it was only one panel behind that. I also wouldn't be saying anything to the nature of my responses being 'ridiculous' considering your blatantly absurd numbers. I've proven plenty as has dbzfan7. You have no citation for chi being directly a correspondent to a soul's existence as a whole (i.e. what it's made of), nor do you have a citation to state that the full chi of an individual is poured into a new person. Such is certainly childish thinking, especially with Goku's not even remotely being damaged.

Just because Goku anticipated him being strong (in reverence to likely a strong Earthling), does not by any means make him as strong as Pure Boo. I bet even Vegeta's final battle power on Namek is greater.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:04 pm

Perfect wrote:
TheMightyOzaru wrote: You haven't proven shit -_-. These are easily some of the most ridiculous responces I've heard. Goku messing with Mr Satan is your reasoning for this? :lolno: . Where is my proof that the reincarnation is just as powerful? Well lets take a look at the defintion of Reincarnation: 1.The rebirth of a soul in a new body. Hmm a soul eh? Well Ki energy comes from a soul, well more like it is the soul, and since Uub has the soul of Pure Buu he would be just as powerful. Plus if Goku has been anticipating someone for a long time you know he is powerful.
Someone seems agitated. Just look at the panel, Goku's merely poking fun at something he knows and Mr. Satan doesn't. Goku's obviously aware of how much the title means to him and the world, after all it was what allowed them to beat Boo in the end. Hence why it was only one panel behind that. I also wouldn't be saying anything to the nature of my responses being 'ridiculous' considering your blatantly absurd numbers. I've proven plenty as has dbzfan7. You have no citation for chi being directly a correspondent to a soul's existence as a whole (i.e. what it's made of), nor do you have a citation to state that the full chi of an individual is poured into a new person. Such is certainly childish thinking, especially with Goku's not even remotely being damaged.

Just because Goku anticipated him being strong (in reverence to likely a strong Earthling), does not by any means make him as strong as Pure Boo. I bet even Vegeta's final battle power on Namek is greater.
He definitely has the potential to be Pure Boo level, but I agree by saying he wasn't when fighting Goku. Maybe he showed his potential through a Kiai, but the fight didn't seem anything special or near anything like 10 years ago. Goku also called the battle I'm-proper, I don't think he planned on training Oob, so that means he couldn't have met his full expectation. But you could be a little nicer, these are unofficial power levels so anyone can do what ever they want with numbers.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:11 pm

Like I said previously, he has the potential to do so, but wasn't anywhere near at the time of the tournament. I also hadn't thought of Goku's training intentions, it works as another ploy into OOb's strength being unrefined. Also if you look at the panels, Goku only slightly struggles when Oob's raging (in his base form), and manages to remain pretty much undamaged.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:14 pm

Perfect wrote:Like I said previously, he has the potential to do so, but wasn't anywhere near at the time of the tournament. I also hadn't thought of Goku's training intentions, it works as another ploy into OOb's strength being unrefined. Also if you look at the panels, Goku only slightly struggles when Oob's raging (in his base form), and manages to remain pretty much undamaged.
I agree completely, though you still could be a little nicer. These are unofficial numbers, not everyone will see everything the same.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:58 pm

Perfect wrote:

Well you would be pretty agitated too if someone told you your opinion is bull shit -_-. Seriously You have 0 proof against my claims. Umm lets define Chi then: "life energy", "life force", or "energy flow". Ki even directly translates to Spirit and thats the Kanji they use in the manga. I don't see how these numbers are absurd. Characters have broken barriers between dimensions and Cell has even claimed he can destroy an entire Solar System. You need some pretty large numbers to accomplish such feats. Dude I believe Goku is stronger than Kid Buu in base. Uub being unable to hurt Goku doesnt prove he is weaker than Kid Buu. Where is my proof that Uub's spirit has just as much power? The spirit is what gives you power. If Uub has less energy he has less spirit. How the Hell would that work? I have spent a lot of time on power levels so I know what I am doing. None of this contradicts the manga so there is nothing to argue about. All you can do is say you simply disagree with my rather large numbers and move on. I don't even want to here anymore out of you until you make a battle power list. Then I can take the time pointing out the copious amount of flaws you have with your list and then see how you like it. BTW all of these statements that I think suggest Uub is just as strong as Kid Buu is debatable opinion meaning my opinion isnt wrong.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:17 pm

No, I really wouldn't. I have zero proof? That's insanely funny, really, just read up. Ki is the Japanese romanization of chi, it's a semantic difference, one I prefer. Ki is merely spiritual energy. By your logic, you're shooting your soul out of your body with every attack, or at least part of it--a rather silly claim. The fact Cell could destroy a solar system, which is debated by some members here, does not give you any evidence towards your claims. Especially considering planet busters were available since the late Saiyan saga. So you don't need 'some pretty large numbers', at least not the kind you're talking about.

You can believe what you want about Goku, but that won't make it so. It's ridiculous to say Goku's base is stronger than Pure Boo, purely bad fan-fiction. It's as valid of an opinion as someone stating Captain Ginyu was really as strong as Cell and just held back on Namek because he was hungry and wanted to deep down be friends with Goku, and maybe more than that.

The spirit is what gives someone power? That isn't proof, because there's no proof that's so. That makes no sense whatsoever. If he has less energy he has less spirit? Sorry no, just no. Goku's soul must take up the entire afterlife then, good thing he has a body. :roll: There's never once an implication to what you're saying. Your argument is founded on weak semantic walls that are never stated as such in the manga.

I could spend years trying to be a quantum physicist and still know nothing; I don't see what the amount of time you've spent on battle powers has to do with anything. Nothing contradicts it? What fallacious logic. argumentum e silentio. You're basing your logic, which is kettle logic, on the absence of evidence, as opposed to the existence of evidence. Sure, I can say Goku was actually SSJ4 around the Boo arc but was afraid to use it, much due to the absence of evidence, but that wouldn't make it so-granted it uses about as much rationality as your list enlists. You don't adjust for any confounding variables and simply ignore any points driven at you. There is no linear or exponential growth, which has already been proven, and such is that you insist would be a contradiction.

I don't think that's all I can do, seeing that I'm doing more than that right now. Whether or not you want to hear more from me doesn't affect me. Careful, you're delving into ad hominem territory. My list wouldn't have any flaws if I created one--plus I wouldn't care about your criticisms in the same way you care about mine, because I don't think things personally.

P.S. Opinions and interpretations can be fallacious, they're not indigenous to being logical as you so seem to advocate.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:23 pm

Yes, these characters DO shoot spirit. Ki translates to spirit in Japanese so it is spirit. How do they get spirit back, how do they get Genki back? After rest it rejuvenates. Ki is their spirit or life force and they can convert it into energy. Yeah you do have 0 proof. Please show me interviews or manga statements that say these numbers are false... oh wait you cant :lol: . These do not contradict anything. It would require a power level of 14,580 to destroy Earth so these Saiyan Saga power levels fit. Goku > Pure Buu is fan fiction? Ok thats your opinion that can't be validated. Captain Ginyu can't beat Cell because he was scared shitless by a power level of 180,000. Cell's is much larger meaning he would win, body change aside. FACT. That was a shitty example. Look if you cannot prove these are false then you have no room to talk. All you are doing is repeatedly saying these are false without providing evidence from interviews or the manga. So please kindly shut up until you have evidence :D . Are you serious? I'm taking real numbers from the manga and I'm applying logic to try and find levels that would make sense. You are right opinions are fallible but since you are incapable of proving your opinions on my power levels wrong, your ideas too are fallible. These numbers dont contradict power scaling in the manga so I see no reason to criticize.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:36 pm

The portion that goes to the Genki-dama is the genki. Perhaps you simply don't know that ki is made up of various energy attributions, as stated by Toriyama himself. Here's a part of a guide I wrote about ki and its purpose:
Perfect wrote:Really all of these sub-categories tie into each other through mind, body and soul. One's feelings are the key to one's ki. Shōki, meaning consciousness (or true spirit/heart/character) is also another similar attribute that ties in with both yūki and genki. The way one acts can very well depend on the different balances of things in their ki. If someone has a lot yūki, they have a lot of nerve, moxie if you will. Of course with the positive aspects comes the negative, such as byōki , which means diseased or ill. When such character's as Saichoru (Guru) unleash or unlock one's potential, they're awakening the various sleeping components of their ki. One can become braver, more full of energy with a will to live.

Another common misconception semantically with ki is qi. Qi is a “Tradition Chinese” (气 in “Simplified Chinese”) character used in hanja (The Korean name for Chinese characters; specifically Chinese incorporated into Korean) and kanji (Chinese and Latin characters incorporated into the modern Japanese writing system), as well as hiragana (Basic Japanese writing component). The character itself was changed after 1947 when shinjitai (Simplified form of Japanese kanji) came around, where it became known as 気. In kyūjitai (Traditional form of kanji) qi is known as 氣, pronounced as “ki”. Alternatively it's known as ch'i or simply chi. In hiragana qi is identified as
き. So essentially ki being a noun (Meaning, energy, spirit or mood) is a Hepburn romanization (rōmaji; the use of Japanese through the Latin alphabet) or a transliteration of qi (chi) to be more specific.

Like ki, it's components also have characters to represent them. Genki for instance can be written in shinjitai, kyūjitai and hiragana. In shinjitai it's written as 元気. Etymologically speaking 元気 is clearly the form of two characters, 元 (Origin; romanized as gen) and 気 (Spirit or energy; romanized as ki). In kyūjitai it's written as 元氣 and in hiragana it's written as げんき. Genki is in fact a noun that has a a variants when it comes to definitions, such as:
-Health
-Positive enthusiasm
-Vigor
-Vitality
-Good Spirit

Yūki is no exception to this of course. Like Genki, Yūki is comprised of two characters, 勇気. 勇 already meaning bravery or courage on it's own (The rōmaji being yū) and 気 which we already know as energy or spirit (The rōmaji being ki as we already know). So yūki is the term one would use to say someone is brave in spirit or soul, or their energy is full of moxie. The hiragana of yūki is ゆうき, which can mean a wide variety of things, though when it's affiliated with 勇気, the most common definition is courage or valor. Other characters (But not all) and their definitions that are commonly affiliated with ゆうき:
幽鬼 - Apparition or spirit.
有機 - Organic.
誘起 - Evocation or induction.

Shōki is comprised of the characters 正 and 気, thus making 正気. 正 (Shō) meaning true or positive. We already know about 気, so that should be self-explanatory. Byōki is also made up of two characters, 病 which means illness or sickness, and 気, making 病気. In hiragana byōki is written as びょうき.
Zero proof, again you just ignore whatever's presented to you. I have proved your numbers are far too high, which you, as I've stated ignore and ignore. There is NO exponential growth, not even a linear growth. You adjust for NO confounding variables, such as plot device mediums. Goku's battle power went from 19x to 11x, and to 33x stronger over the course of two arcs. There's no pattern to go off, to state that there is stating that correlation means causation, which is a fallacy.

Because it'd require that exact number? That's far from factual as you're asserting.
Goku > Pure Buu is fan fiction? Ok thats your opinion that can't be validated. Captain Ginyu can't beat Cell because he was scared shitless by a power level of 180,000. Cell's is much larger meaning he would win, body change aside. FACT. That was a shitty example. Look if you cannot prove these are false then you have no room to talk. All you are doing is repeatedly saying these are false without providing evidence from interviews or the manga. So please kindly shut up until you have evidence . Are you serious? I'm taking real numbers from the manga and I'm applying logic to try and find levels that would make sense. You are right opinions are fallible but since you are incapable of proving your opinions on my power levels wrong, your ideas too are fallible. These numbers dont contradict power scaling in the manga so I see no reason to criticize.
I wish you'd just say what you had to say without editing 50-75% of it in after I've replied, it's rather annoying. By your logic I can merely state that Ginyu was faking it, see how fallacious it is? It was a "shitty" example? Thank you for clarifying your own logical reasoning. :roll: I have no room to talk? I already have. I have proved them time and time again, yet you just refute whatever's said, very blindly. Logic dodges confounding variables and adjusts for correlation in respect to causation, something you didn't do. I'm not asserting an opinion like you are, I'm displaying factual integrity, so I'm not going to "shut up". They do contradict the manga, because there is no exponential or linear growth.
Last edited by Perfect on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:39 pm

Oh for fucks sake :roll: . You have no proof that the numbers didnt get this high. You have no proof levels aren't exponential. You have no proof there is no pattern. Zenkai's are the only thing fuck with these levels. Furthermore training in gravity and King Kai's training yield larger results than normal. Oh hey thanks for proving Ki is spirit :D . Seriously where is your proof it isn't linear or exponential. These multipliers don't prove anything. King Kai's training can yield a large increase so 19x validated, hell it could be less than 10x since Goku's full level was 924. Goku getting near 11x stronger when training under high gravity makes sense too. Goku getting 33x stronger was a Zenkai.
Last edited by TheMightyOzaru on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:45 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:Oh for fucks sake :roll: . You have no proof that the numbers didnt get this high. You have no proof levels aren't exponential. You have no proof there is no pattern. Zenkai's are the only thing fuck with these levels. Furthermore training in gravity yields larger results than normal. Oh hey thanks for proving Ki is spirit :D .
Yes I do. There is no pattern. Zenkais are? Hah, what a joke. Zenkais are completely random, sure, but so is just about everything else. Please by all means, show me your work for factoring in Goku's training on Kaio's (10x gravity while preforming exercises), versus Goku training under x100 the normal gravity of Earth, while addressing zenkais, and oh let's not forget the time it took. So time, different training regiment, battle powers becoming accustomed to a certain level and having no effect at all (x10 gravity means nothing), the change in training which has a different effect all together, etc. There is no exponential growth.

I didn't prove ki was the substance of a soul--kettle logic. The ki is the mood, or "spirit" of someone. Not the actual soul. You're confusing operational definitions.
Seriously where is your proof it isn't linear or exponential. These multipliers don't prove anything. King Kai's training can yield a large increase so 19x validated, hell it could be less than 10x since Goku's full level was 924. Goku getting near 11x stronger when training under high gravity makes sense too. Goku getting 33x stronger was a Zenkai.
It'd be nice if you'd actually say this before I'd reply, or at the very least in reply to the post at hand. See above.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:59 pm

Perfect wrote:
TheMightyOzaru wrote:Oh for fucks sake :roll: . You have no proof that the numbers didnt get this high. You have no proof levels aren't exponential. You have no proof there is no pattern. Zenkai's are the only thing fuck with these levels. Furthermore training in gravity yields larger results than normal. Oh hey thanks for proving Ki is spirit :D .
Yes I do. There is no pattern. Zenkais are? Hah, what a joke. Zenkais are completely random, sure, but so is just about everything else. Please by all means, show me your work for factoring in Goku's training on Kaio's (10x gravity while preforming exercises), versus Goku training under x100 the normal gravity of Earth, while addressing zenkais, and oh let's not forget the time it took. So time, different training regiment, battle powers becoming accustomed to a certain level and having no effect at all (x10 gravity means nothing), the change in training which has a different effect all together, etc. There is no exponential growth.

I didn't prove ki was the substance of a soul--kettle logic. The ki is the mood, or "spirit" of someone. Not the actual soul. You're confusing operational definitions.
Ki is spirit or life force. No... Genki is mood. Ki is spirit comprised of many parts such as Yuuki and Genki. What you expect me to believe these characters attack people with positive emotion? I don't think so. I know Zenkai's are completely random -_-. Well lets see here If Goku's full level was 924 and he trained under 10x gravity for around half a year his power level would grow a good deal. I don't have an equation for figuring out how big a result Gravity training yields I just accepted 8,200. As for Goku's training under 100x gravity, Goku received a Zenkai after his fight with Vegeta so I don't have to figure in an equation for this. A 33x increase is a Zenkai so thats an invalid point. My levels are also based off guesstimations at times. For the most part its linear.
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:04 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:
Perfect wrote:

Ki is spirit or life force. No... Genki is mood. Ki is spirit comprised of many parts such as Yuuki and Genki. What you expect me to believe these characters attack people with positive emotion? I don't think so. I know Zenkai's are completely random -_-. Well lets see here If Goku's full level was 924 and he trained under 10x gravity for around half a year his power level would grow a good deal. I don't have an equation for figuring out how big a result Gravity training yields I just accepted 8,200. As for Goku's training under 100x gravity, Goku received a Zenkai after his fight with Vegeta so I don't have to figure in an equation for this. A 33x increase is a Zenkai so thats an invalid point. My levels are also based off guesstimations at times. For the most part its linear.
It's a manifestation derived from emotion. Just as the body is a physical manifestation of the soul. Zenkais work their way up all the way to Cell, so they're a major role, one that pretty much dismiss exponential growth. Not only that, but the fact you're guessing on everything proves you didn't adjust for confounding variables. Time and training regiment change everything. Certain training methods become obsolete at certain points in time, thus the effect is completely different and all new. That's a huge one you didn't account for at all.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:13 pm

The word Ki itself translates to "energy, life- force, spirit, and/or breath." In other words its your life force or spirit if you will. Ki energy is not some manifestation of emotion. You have proof that certain training methods stop working? Last I checked no. I don't see how Zenkai's prove Ki isn't exponential. If Ki were to increase 1.1x every month for 1 year it would increase exponentially since you get 1.1x stronger the first month then you get 1.1x stronger than that the next month then you get 1.1x stronger than that the next month and so on and so forth for the full 12 months. I don't see how Gravity training is ineffective after a while. Vegeta seems to be getting stronger under 150x gravity in the Buu saga when he withstood 300x gravity in the early Android saga =/.
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:22 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:You have proof that certain training methods stop working? Last I checked no. I don't see how Zenkai's prove Ki isn't exponential. If Ki were to increase 1.1x every month for 1 year it would increase exponentially since you get 1.1x stronger the first month then you get 1.1x stronger than that the next month then you get 1.1x stronger than that the next month and so on and so forth for the full 12 months. I don't see how Gravity training is ineffective after a while. Vegeta seems to be getting stronger under 150x gravity in the Buu saga when he withstood 300x gravity in the early Android saga =/.
You quite obviously didn't check then. Training on Kaio's planet would be completely ineffective to Cell Games era Goku. Training at God's palace would be completely useless during the Boo arc (sans ROSAT, which produces unpredictable results). There's plenty more examples. By your logic Goku should have been able to train under x20 gravity and achieve the same result over and over again. It doesn't increase by 1.1 each year, or any set numeral. In fact, ki can simply dissipate if one doesn't train (Gohan). The level Vegeta trains at in the gravity room is NEVER specified in the manga. He only asks for one to be built up to 300 or so times the Earth's in the Cell arc, not once does it show him training under that number.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:30 pm

Perfect wrote:
TheMightyOzaru wrote:You have proof that certain training methods stop working? Last I checked no. I don't see how Zenkai's prove Ki isn't exponential. If Ki were to increase 1.1x every month for 1 year it would increase exponentially since you get 1.1x stronger the first month then you get 1.1x stronger than that the next month then you get 1.1x stronger than that the next month and so on and so forth for the full 12 months. I don't see how Gravity training is ineffective after a while. Vegeta seems to be getting stronger under 150x gravity in the Buu saga when he withstood 300x gravity in the early Android saga =/.
You quite obviously didn't check then. Training on Kaio's planet would be completely ineffective to Cell Games era Goku. Training at God's palace would be completely useless during the Boo arc (sans ROSAT, which produces unpredictable results). There's plenty more examples. By your logic Goku should have been able to train under x20 gravity and achieve the same result over and over again. It doesn't increase by 1.1 each year, or any set numeral. In fact, ki can simply dissipate if one doesn't train (Gohan). The level Vegeta trains at in the gravity room is NEVER specified in the manga. He only asks for one to be built up to 300 or so times the Earth's in the Cell arc, not once does it show him training under that number.
It does actually show him training under 150 and 300x gravity actually:
You can still get stronger with basic training under smaller gravity levels. Quite frankly I don't want to be here all nigh arguing over opinions so I'm done arguing with you.
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:33 pm

Neither Goku, nor anyone in the whole manga became over 400 times stronger with just training on Earth, so it makes zero sense for base Goku to be at Pure Boo's level in the 28th TB.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:35 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Neither Goku, nor anyone in the whole manga became over 400 times stronger with just training on Earth, so it makes zero sense for base Goku to be at Pure Boo's level in the 28th TB.
Goku got 248x stronger in 10 years, that aside its certainly possible. All I did was take Goku's Base power level after he received a Zenkai in his fight with Buu and multiplied it by 1.75 every year for 10 years. So Goku x 1.75^10. I did drop it a little bit since it was a little too high. However he is still stronger than Kid Buu based on that.
Last edited by TheMightyOzaru on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:36 pm

There's nothing in that first page about x300 gravity. As for the second one, I do not recall that ever being mentioned, then again I wouldn't trust the translation of some poorly scanned bootleg manga page. Let's assume that were true, Vegeta could have probably been training under a far larger gravity until Trunks came in; it's a confounding variable you didn't adjust for.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:42 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Neither Goku, nor anyone in the whole manga became over 400 times stronger with just training on Earth, so it makes zero sense for base Goku to be at Pure Boo's level in the 28th TB.
Goku got 248x stronger in 10 years, that aside its certainly possible. All I did was take Goku's Base power level after he received a Zenkai in his fight with Buu and multiplied it by 1.75 every year for 10 years. So Goku x 1.75^10. I did drop it a little bit since it was a little too high. However he is still stronger than Kid Buu based on that.
Near-death power-ups have disappeared, or became insignificant at that point of the series. I still think my theory makes more sense, since it keeps Goku at a logical level, and Oob at Pure Boo's level.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:43 pm

Perfect wrote:There's nothing in that first page about x300 gravity. As for the second one, I do not recall that ever being mentioned, then again I wouldn't trust the translation of some poorly scanned bootleg manga page. Let's assume that were true, Vegeta could have probably been training under a far larger gravity until Trunks came in; it's a confounding variable you didn't adjust for.
Nope its 150x in the manga:
Chapter: 429 (DBZ 235), P2.2, P2.5, P4.1
Context: as Vegeta and (regular) Trunks train in the gravity room
Vegeta: “Don’t overdo it, Trunks. You’d better leave the room. This 150-fold gravity is too much for you.”
[ ]
Trunks: “Y-yeah, its too tough like this…How ‘bout I become a Super Saiyan…”
*he becomes one and runs around*
Trunks: “This is a walk in the park!”
Huh 150 is too much for you, you better leave the room? I don't think Vegeta was adjusting for him =/.
Last edited by TheMightyOzaru on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946