The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

hleV
Banned

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by hleV » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:17 am

If it's the Kaioshin who made such a statement about Pure Boo being the strongest, then it might as well be wrong.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:20 am

In which episode was the Pure Boo > all Boo statement again?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:56 pm

hleV wrote:If it's the Kaioshin who made such a statement about Pure Boo being the strongest, then it might as well be wrong.
Finally, somebody realizes how stupid that fucking lemming Kaioshin is! He's like the Jar Jar Binks of Dragon Ball.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:07 pm

19 or 20 vs Freeza or Mecha Freeza

I think 19 and 20 were stronger, but they didn't seem like it as a weakened Goku easily was beating 19. Piccolo said Goku wasn't close to his full power if I recall. I think the weakened Goku could beat 20 also as long as he didn't use energy attacks. But idk.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:35 pm

deleted
Last edited by Fox666 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:39 pm

I think they start off weaker, but 19 might have been equalling/surpassing Freeza by absorbing Goku's energy.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:04 pm

I think the initial Androids would destroy Freeza with or without absorptions. I have Piccolo stronger than Super Saiyan Trunks from back then, so he'd do the same to Freeza without much trouble. Don't see a reason for Kami to mention the initial Androids during his dialogue with Piccolo since they were outed as the fake ones and reduced to dust. They were nothing in the big picture.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:49 pm

Freeza would toy with them, 19 or 20 would get energy from a mistake Freeza makes, 19 and or 20 proceed to kill Freeza.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:46 pm

I really think 20 would've caught hell with Yamcha if he didn't take him by surprise.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:03 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:I have Piccolo stronger than Super Saiyan Trunks from back then
So Trunks, with no training partners, no Senzu, no Time Chamber, no gods, and quite unlikely to have a gravity room, gets such a big boost from...something...that he dwarfs a Piccolo as strong as he was three years ago.

Meanwhile Gohan, the Hidden Power Wonder Boy, is still irrelevant.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:10 am

Well, sir, the same Trunks went from sparring with Base Future Gohan as a Super Saiyan to being potentially stronger or around Super Saiyan Future Gohan with 3 yrs of training with no sparring partners, senzu, gravity rooms, and all that other good stuff. Is there a reason why he can't replicate this power-up again?

And yeah...Gohan, for whatever reason, simply didn't obtain a considerable power-up like Piccolo. He probably didn't push himself as hard as Piccolo.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:50 am

Or Piccolo is simply not as strong as you think.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:03 pm

Gohan doesn't have Super Saiyan yet. That's the only reason he's not strong enough to be significant in the Androids saga. It's pretty clear that all of the Androids are too strong for any of the Saiyans to fight in their base forms (based on his performance against #19 while weakened by the virus, I'd guess that a healthy Goku could probably handle #19 or #20 with a high Kaio-Ken, but... that's the only chance he'd have without SSj), so Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks would be just as useless if they didn't have Super Saiyan.

I guess he could probably have gotten strong enough to damage #19 or #20 if he was pushed into one of his rage boosts, but considering that those usually lead to him flinging some huge blast around... he'd probably be helping them more than hurting them in that situation. XD

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:07 pm

Piccolo was just under the impression that he got so strong because he thought that #19 & #20 were the same Artificial Humans that killed the Z-Senshi and the same ones that Super Saiyan Trunks couldn't defeat. Piccolo was wrong however. #17 & #18 were much stronger than that. Future Trunks came back to the past after 8 months. Against Freeza, Piccolo's BP was above 1 million, but far below 3 millions. I can't see Piccolo surpassing SS Trunks in 3 years, and SS Trunks getting even stronger than that Piccolo in just 8 months with just training (like Rocketman said, he didn't have senzu, gravity room, sparring partner, or any gods to train him). It's just impossible. Kuririn's comment about Piccolo being so strong and "he is not even a Super Saiyan" doesn't mean that Piccolo is at Super Saiyan level. In fact, I would say his battle power could easily be around 50-100 million. Kuririn was far, far weaker than Piccolo or the Super Saiyans. He just noticed that Piccolo got a huge power up, and he really did. Getting around 50-100 times stronger is a huge increase (IMO, it's because his merging with Nail extended his dormant power, and he had SS Goku as a sparring partner).
Pantalones wrote:Gohan doesn't have Super Saiyan yet. That's the only reason he's not strong enough to be significant in the Androids saga. It's pretty clear that all of the Androids are too strong for any of the Saiyans to fight in their base forms (based on his performance against #19 while weakened by the virus, I'd guess that a healthy Goku could probably handle #19 or #20 with a high Kaio-Ken, but... that's the only chance he'd have without SSj), so Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks would be just as useless if they didn't have Super Saiyan.
Exactly. I can see Gohan being a little stronger than Freeza arc base Goku, he just hadn't became a Super Saiyan by the time.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Mystic Gohan
Regular

Post by Mystic Gohan » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:36 pm

Piccolo did mistake them for the real Androids. They should be stronger than Freeza.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:04 pm

Piccolo was simply playing in the dark when he mentioned the 2 different outcomes as to why things were different. This in no way takes away from his actual power, since the real Androids actually ended up being ridiculously more powerful than the ones Trunks fought. Krillin's statement could mean a few things, as there's no one way to look at it. He could very well be playing in the same league as the Super Saiyans or scratching the surface. Krillin being much weaker than them doesn't really mean much, considering he actually admits while he's nothing compared to the Saiyans, he still knows how to get a good feel of someone's power. As easily as Piccolo could be around 50-100 million to validate Krillin's statement, he could be around 120-160 million as well. Either increase is drastic, no matter how you look at it.

As for Trunks, you see, it's only "impossible" if you stick with the 8 months (Bulma's initial observation) and not consider that they ended up needing 3 yrs (which was mentioned later in the story) to charge the time machine. After the battle with the Androids, Trunks mentions how he could "put up a fight" against his Androids and that they weren't as powerful as the ones they just fought, and Tien admits that as powerful as Goku is, it's very unlikely that his capabilites are much different from Vegeta or Trunks. So, while Vegeta is around the same level as Goku and a bit stronger than Trunks, they're at least in the same realm of power. More reason to believe Trunks's level is higher than it was when he fought Freeza. At that point, he was (holding-back, anyway) shown to be weaker than Goku.

JP6GAMER
Beyond Newbie

Post by JP6GAMER » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:59 pm

Turles vs Raditz
" You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keep... his PRIDE! "-Vegeta

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:05 pm

Raditz would be an evening snack for Tullece.

JP6GAMER
Beyond Newbie

Post by JP6GAMER » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:09 pm

Hmm, does Raditz even have a small chance? :lol:
" You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keep... his PRIDE! "-Vegeta

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:14 pm

JP6GAMER wrote:Hmm, does Raditz even have a small chance? :lol:
Nope!

Raditz's PL: ~1500
Tullece's PL: ~20,000-40,000
(Piccolo at 18,000 was no match for him, but Goku at "30,000 and rising" was giving him a hard time. And that was BEFORE Tullece snacked on the Tree of Might's fruit!)

Sometimes you can make up for a gap in power with exceptional skill, tactics, etc... but not a gap THIS big. Raditz is toast. Burnt toast.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!