Strength of the humans in Buu Saga?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Strength of the humans in Buu Saga?

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:19 am

I'm pretty sure everybody has a different answer on this one, but I think Yamcha was defeating Olibu in other world in Anime? Thats a pretty big feat, considering he should be around at least Semi Perfect Cell or suppressed Perfect Cell level? He came in second to Pikkon in the Other World tournament. I know this was not shown in the Manga, neither was Pikkon or Super Kaioken. :angel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZQbmCUzOzw

Anyway, I just thought this scene was a little, overdone for Yamcha? :crazy:
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Strength of the humans in Buu Saga?

Post by Saiga » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:22 am

It is overdone, obviously no human in the Boo Arc would be capable of beating someone anywhere near Cell's level, regardless of the form, by manga logic. But then again, base Goku would beat Olibu too with anime logic, so it probably evens out in the end.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:25 am

Saiga wrote:It is overdone, obviously no human in the Boo Arc would be capable of beating someone anywhere near Cell's level, regardless of the form, by manga logic. But then again, base Goku would beat Olibu too with anime logic, so it probably evens out in the end.
Even my most extreme power levels i have for Krillin and Tien, neither of them go near Frieza. Maybe 50% but that could be pushing it.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:39 am

Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:
Saiga wrote:It is overdone, obviously no human in the Boo Arc would be capable of beating someone anywhere near Cell's level, regardless of the form, by manga logic. But then again, base Goku would beat Olibu too with anime logic, so it probably evens out in the end.
Even my most extreme power levels i have for Krillin and Tenshinhan, neither of them go near Freeza. Maybe 50% but that could be pushing it.
I don't even have them at his first form. :P So yeah, I think the filler scene is really pushing it. Of course, others have said that Olibu could merely be throwing the fight, it just doesn't look that way to me.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:57 am

Saiga wrote:
Even my most extreme power levels i have for Krillin and Tenshinhan, neither of them go near Freeza. Maybe 50% but that could be pushing it.
I don't even have them at his first form. :P So yeah, I think the filler scene is really pushing it. Of course, others have said that Olibu could merely be throwing the fight, it just doesn't look that way to me.
Oh, not even at the million mark? Filler really does know how to do it :angel:

Filler just made Yamcha 10,000x stronger than he really is!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:59 am

Oh, not even at the million mark? Filler really does know how to do it :angel:

Filler just made Yamcha 10,000x stronger than he really is!
Yeah, I don't have them growing very high at all. The reason being is that after Kaio's they simply don't do any sort of extraordinary training.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:19 am

I don't see any way for the humans to even reach 1st form Freeza's power.

There's simply no way for the human characters to keep up with the non-human characters, as they lack access to every single plot device and method of powering up that all of the non-humans used and abused to reach the tiers of power that they did. No zenkais, no fusion, no SSj transformations.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:29 am

Yeah, Yamcha beating Olibu is absurd no matter how strong the humans got, at least if we're supposed to believe that Olibu actually put up a fight against Paikuhan. Yamcha seems to be the first to give up on training and he was the weakest of the three back in the Androids/Cell saga, so there's no way he managed to miraculously get that strong in 7 years of... not really even training?

It'd be more believable if it was Tenshinhan or Krillin (who I think could be anywhere between the low single-digit millions and the lower tens-of-millions by the Buu saga, though still lower than the adult base Saiyans just because the Saiyans get so many big power-ups), though even then it'd depend on just how strong Olibu really is. If he actually is in the range of Cell (any form), then yeah... just filler being filler, with its usual inconsistent power comparisons (which seem to get worse toward the later parts of the series--Yamcha vs. Olibu, the whole "Goku fighting Super Buu in SSj3 at all/Kid Buu in SSj2 before SSj3" mess, base Vegerot smacking Buu around and then somehow having a bit of trouble with him even in Super Saiyan when he goes nuts later, and then GT... I don't remember any "inconsistent filler power level" moments from the earlier chunks of the series that even come close to those.)

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:57 am

Pantalones wrote:Yeah, Yamcha beating Olibu is absurd no matter how strong the humans got, at least if we're supposed to believe that Olibu actually put up a fight against Paikuhan. Yamcha seems to be the first to give up on training and he was the weakest of the three back in the Androids/Cell saga, so there's no way he managed to miraculously get that strong in 7 years of... not really even training?
You know what's funny? In the same scene that Yamcha beat Olibu, Kuririn says that Yamcha didn't train during these years, which means that Yamcha should be stronger than that during the Cell Games! :lol:
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

sonikku956
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sonikku956 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:32 am

It's simple: Yamcha is 1/8 Saiyan XD

But seriously, is it safe to say that Humans are underpowered and that Saiyans are overpowered?

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:34 am

Around Freeza's third form and under.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Ketchup_Revenge
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ketchup_Revenge » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:34 am

I was recently on another Forum and they had Tenshinhan's level around 5 billion by the end of Z, and other members were giving this guy pats on the back for a "well made" power level list. I seriously burst out laughing at my computer screen.
:lolno:

In all honesty, I don't have any of the humans even near 1 mil. Krillin gets up to Freeza's first form by the end of the Cell arc, tops.
I wipe it off the tile, the light is brighter this time, everything is 3D blasphemy.
My eyes are red and gold, the hair is standing straight up, this is not the way I picture me.
I can't control my shakes, how the hell did I get here? Something about this, so very wrong.
I have to laugh out loud, I wish I didn't like this. Is it a dream or a memory?

Amuro Ray
Beyond Newbie

Post by Amuro Ray » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:39 am

Well, in the Movie Bojack unbound - Tien was shown to hold his own vs a Non SSJ Trunks - This movie does take place after the Cell saga. It's not Cannon, but it does give us insight that a Human would be around the same power as a base Sayjin.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:56 am

deleted
Last edited by Fox666 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:30 pm

Pantalones wrote:Yeah, Yamcha beating Olibu is absurd no matter how strong the humans got, at least if we're supposed to believe that Olibu actually put up a fight against Paikuhan. Yamcha seems to be the first to give up on training and he was the weakest of the three back in the Androids/Cell saga, so there's no way he managed to miraculously get that strong in 7 years of... not really even training?
It was done intentionally as a joke. Remember Yamcha is the undisputed Filler King.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:34 pm

Fox666 wrote:
Ketchup_Revenge wrote:I was recently on another Forum and they had Tenshinhan's level around 5 billion by the end of Z, and other members were giving this guy pats on the back for a "well made" power level list. I seriously burst out laughing at my computer screen.
:lolno:

In all honesty, I don't have any of the humans even near 1 mil. Krillin gets up to Freeza's first form by the end of the Cell arc, tops.
You know, if you search for battle power lists around the Internet, you will figure out that Mr. Satan and Videl are far stronger than Freeza.
Where are these lists? The highest I ever saw Mr. Satan at was like maybe 250.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:39 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
It was done intentionally as a joke. Remember Yamcha is the undisputed Filler King.
You know, I'm surprised Yamcha literally was not a pancake after trying 300x gravity in the Anime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zesceyrNPds

What a poser! :XD

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:28 pm

I think Tienshinham is the only human who reaches a power level that is meaningful in regards to the context and scale of the latter events of the Manga.

We see that against Semi-Perfect Cell he is able to make a meaningful stand using Tri-Beam. Furthermore in the Buu Saga, whilst hopelessly unable to compete, his survival where every other human on the Earth died and his intervention in the battle between Buu and Gohan shows him to be at least relevant.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

sonikku956
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sonikku956 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:54 pm

Blade wrote:I think Tienshinham is the only human who reaches a power level that is meaningful in regards to the context and scale of the latter events of the Manga.

We see that against Semi-Perfect Cell he is able to make a meaningful stand using Tri-Beam. Furthermore in the Buu Saga, whilst hopelessly unable to compete, his survival where every other human on the Earth died and his intervention in the battle between Buu and Gohan shows him to be at least relevant.
But Ten isn't even a full-blooded Earthling. It was confirmed that Krillin was the strongest full blooded Earthling in the series thanks to the BoG character data.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:49 pm

Tenshinhan isn't even stronger than Android 18...