Anime Streaming Site Daisuki to stream Dragon Ball Z

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Anime Streaming Site Daisuki to stream Dragon Ball Z

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:42 am

Tsukento wrote:Looking through it, here's what this is.

Episode 1 is from FUNimation's Blu-ray remaster. It's missing the opening and ending credits, it has the movie 1 stamp in the opening, the video size is somewhat larger, the colors are closer to FUNi's masters and there are no next episode previews. However, episode 2 through 5 are from the Dragon Box, as they feature credits for opening and ending, no movie 1 stamp and they include next episode previews.

Oddly enough, the next episode previews are not subtitled. Even odder is how the episodes are listed with FUNimation's episode titles, even though the subs show the actual titles. AND ON TOP OF THAT, episode 1 uses the Japanese title card, as opposed to how FUNi stuck with the English title cards on their release.
That is... incredibly random... :crazy:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Choujin Daizenshuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Choujin Daizenshuu » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:01 am

The quality definitely needs to be better. Then again, Daisuki just put this up. Gonna give them a heads up and see if better quality can be put up.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:36 am

I'm pretty sure the next episode previews are not subbed because Toei might not have received a revised subtitle master after FUNimation did the Dragon Box. At least, that's my theory.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Fulicer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fulicer » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:58 pm

Interesting how they are using the dub-based episode titles and summaries here even though the episodes are Japanese-only right now.

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:26 pm

If you notice, the OP and ED for episode 1 have significantly higher sound quality than the episode itself. Does this mean that the audio is from the Dragon Box or was it like that on the Bluray?
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:18 pm

Canada finally gets to stream Dragon Ball!

down with hulu
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:20 pm

It's like that in both. It's the episodes themselves that have the awful audio quality because of Toei not having access to higher audio quality for the episodes themselves anymore.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

Fulicer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fulicer » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:09 pm

OmegaRockman wrote:If you notice, the OP and ED for episode 1 have significantly higher sound quality than the episode itself. Does this mean that the audio is from the Dragon Box or was it like that on the Bluray?
They have high quality versions of those music tracks so they probably used those sources. It works out since you only have music and no sound effects.