Oooh, can't wait to see that!kei17 wrote:Mine has been shipped! As soon as I get it, I'll make a Kikuchi score version.
Man, I wish I had the funds to buy the DVD right now. X_x; Guess I'm going to have to wait for the eventual English release.
Oooh, can't wait to see that!kei17 wrote:Mine has been shipped! As soon as I get it, I'll make a Kikuchi score version.
Speaking as someone who was less than impressed by the actual score to Battle of Gods, I find this idea quite appealing.kei17 wrote:Mine has been shipped! As soon as I get it, I'll make a Kikuchi score version.
Well, I'll just add it to the pile… but I've got quite a large one remaining. They're kind of the things I go to in between my other translations, because if I try to tackle all the BoG stuff at once, it gets too monotonous and I have to stop.DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Julian died a little when he saw yet another Toriyama message in that little booklet.
No problem.Chuquita wrote:Very cool videos/photos and thank you for sharing!
Julian, which of those discs has the movie on it? I'd guess either base form Goku or ssjg Goku's disc.
No rush! It's not like there's anyone else on the internet that can beat you to it.SaiyaJedi wrote:Well, I'll just add it to the pile… but I've got quite a large one remaining. They're kind of the things I go to in between my other translations, because if I try to tackle all the BoG stuff at once, it gets too monotonous and I have to stop.DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Julian died a little when he saw yet another Toriyama message in that little booklet.
I really like the Chbi ones!DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Sorry to take everyone's focus off the home release, but here's a couple of print ads for the figures:
http://blog.yimg.com/3/KU30HdR7s591rrb7 ... L20vyA.jpg
http://blog.yimg.com/3/KU30HdR7s591rrb7 ... LGip5Q.jpg
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball
Packaging says there are Japanese subtitles, but nothing about English. Haven't had a chance to actually watch the thing yet. You know how it is with small children at home.worldmonsters wrote:I know this is pretty much a given, but I really need to know for sure... are there maybe possibly English subtitles? And if so, are they any good?
For me, physical media just seems alive. I don't know how else to put it. Having an actual movie or game placed inside a case with art from that movie or game is something I love. Displaying it, reading the titles on the side of the case when they're all lined up on a shelf, the synopsis on the back... I love all of this. Also, if your computer or gaming system dies, at least you'll have a back up!Scarz wrote:I've stopped buying DVDs and Blu-rays about a couple of years ago. Now I prefer to either download, stream, or rent movies or tv shows. I don't see a point in owning physical copies of certain things like games, movies, music, etc. But I must admit, I'm a tad bit jealous of those who are getting their BoG copies this month.
Funny, because I see physical media as something that will die out. I used to love owning copies of my favorite shows and movies on VHS and DVDs but eventually, in almost less than a decade, it became obsolete. I had to toss them out or sell them to make room for the better, more Hi-Def copies. Eventually I realized that not even Blu-Rays will last that long and buying them just seemed like a waste of time, space, and money. But that's not saying that owning digital copies is the perfect option, It has its downsides. Most people love the feeling of actually owning physical copies of whatever it is that they love. Personally, I love owning art books. But as my bookshelf, work room, and desk are being filled to the brim with books, I know that eventually that feeling of owning physical copies when I don't need to will pass. I'll probably move on to owning the digital copy of those books too eventually.Tanooki Kuribo wrote:For me, physical media just seems alive. I don't know how else to put it. Having an actual movie or game placed inside a case with art from that movie or game is something I love. Displaying it, reading the titles on the side of the case when they're all lined up on a shelf, the synopsis on the back... I love all of this. Also, if your computer or gaming system dies, at least you'll have a back up!
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki
Or you can rip from physical media and get best of both worlds. Aside from the packrat thing, Blu-Ray ripping being costly, and backing up your back ups being on your shoulders, not the providers. Still worth it.Scarz wrote:Digital copies are cheaper, easier to store, and with cloud services you can hold own to your copy for a very, very long time. Even if your computer crashes or if you need a newer model, you'll still have access to most (if not all) of your downloads.
JulieYBM wrote:Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
son veku wrote:CanadaMetalwario64 wrote:Where is that located?BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Okay, physical media won't die out completely. I just see a gradual shift in the way people are buying movies, games, and books now. There are plenty of people like I've mentioned before who prefer physical copies of tv shows, games, etc. But we're living in an age where digital copies are so easily accessible and cheap that it sort of makes you question why you need to physical copy in the first place. Especially when there will always be a newer, better version of it out in probably a less then a decade.JulieYBM wrote:Physical media won't die out, especially for specialty items like Japanese animation which require such high prices to be created in the first place.
Having both a physical and digital copy is obviously the best of both worlds! But I personally don't rip my DVDs or games. Maybe because I'm lazy. Plus, I own devices which allows me to connect my computer to my tv wirelessly, so I can access my media files without having to hook up my computer to my tv.BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Or you can rip from physical media and get best of both worlds. Aside from the packrat thing, Blu-Ray ripping being costly, and backing up your back ups being on your shoulders, not the providers. Still worth it.
I know, super dubious territory, but I've been ripping a lot my own purchased DVDs and game discs recently, and the convenience of having both is wonderful; can watch a movie on a computer without a disc, can watch a disc on a television without having to hook up the computer, etc.
I enjoy both but prefer physical media if I had to choose. Need;ess to say every anime dvd/bluray I have bought, I rip it to my computer or one of my terabyte hard drives. For physical media a good bookshelf works fine be it for books and/or discs. I've had no issue finding space for my stuff so I cant relate to storage woes. For the real big stuff (think Skyrim and Uncharted 3 collector sets) I turned my closet into one big display piece and can access everything with ease.Scarz wrote:Okay, physical media won't die out completely. I just see a gradual shift in the way people are buying movies, games, and books now. There are plenty of people like I've mentioned before who prefer physical copies of tv shows, games, etc. But we're living in an age where digital copies are so easily accessible and cheap that it sort of makes you question why you need to physical copy in the first place. Especially when there will always be a newer, better version of it out in probably a less then a decade.JulieYBM wrote:Physical media won't die out, especially for specialty items like Japanese animation which require such high prices to be created in the first place.
Netflix, Steam, and Amazon Instant video are just few places that comes to mind that offers great services without have to blow all your money on the physical copies. My family and I have gradually switched to owning most of our movies digitally or just renting them as opposed to buying blu-rays. We still get the same experience but for less of the cost.
Having both a physical and digital copy is obviously the best of both worlds! But I personally don't rip my DVDs or games. Maybe because I'm lazy. Plus, I own devices which allows me to connect my computer to my tv wirelessly, so I can access my media files without having to hook up my computer to my tv.BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Or you can rip from physical media and get best of both worlds. Aside from the packrat thing, Blu-Ray ripping being costly, and backing up your back ups being on your shoulders, not the providers. Still worth it.
I know, super dubious territory, but I've been ripping a lot my own purchased DVDs and game discs recently, and the convenience of having both is wonderful; can watch a movie on a computer without a disc, can watch a disc on a television without having to hook up the computer, etc.