Does anyone also collect the edited VHS?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Does anyone also collect the edited VHS?

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:40 pm

Now that I am almost done with getting all of Dragon Ball, Z and GT I've been thinking about getting certain sagas edited on VHS (Namely Freeza and Trunks). It's the version a lot of people grew up with and there is something interesting about the censorship, and that fact that it's only available on one format.

I was wondering if anyone collects them?

samuraix123
I Live Here

Re: Does anyone also collect the edited VHS?

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:45 pm

I have edited VHS tapes of the series. I'll Pm ya a couple photo's :D
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:46 pm

samuraix123 wrote:I have edited VHS tapes of the series. I'll Pm ya a couple photo's :D
Awesome! Now that I have most of the Dboxes I've been kinda wanting to take a step back lol :D

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:18 pm

I always like how the edited and uncut VHS tapes had their own picture on the side bar when you collect them.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:46 am

I have all of the edited tapes spanning from 'Ginyu Assault' to 'The Games Begin'.

If only I could collect the rest XD
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)