Dragon Ball Z "Seasons" On Blu-ray: News & Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KingofWisdom
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Z "Season One" Coming To Blu-Ray (Updated 11

Post by KingofWisdom » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:42 pm

Fizzer wrote:Is there any way to watch the trailer in the UK? FUNimation just hates us.
http://file2hd.com/

Try that.
"Those transformations insane,
They wanna turn up hours late and steal the show from the pros who had to die for the name." - Yamcha (DBWTF: Z-Rap 3)

"Over saturation is easy. Just drag the slider to the right and there you are: instant interest. And certainly, the majority of the public likes saturated color images. In fact, if you want to quickly create a popular image, simply over saturate the colors and increase the contrast. While you may not achieve a sophisticated image, you will achieve an image that will please a less demanding audience." - Alain Briot

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:04 pm

kei17 wrote: It's actually the problem on Toei's side, though. Toei has been providing overseas right holders with terrible artworks drawn by this artist. Cross-eyed Vegeta in the Orange Brick Season 1's cover was done by the same artist, too.
Is not the same artist, and this artist is great, it has some errors, like bassically EVERY artist but things like Gokuh has a bloated face on the first cover is totally nosense, I don't know, could you edit his face to make us see how it should be?
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

over9000

Post by over9000 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Good let me join in "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!" Now I feel like I belong on this forum with you whiney ass people... ;-)

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:25 pm

over9000 wrote:Good let me join in "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!" Now I feel like I belong on this forum with you whiney ass people... ;-)
FUNimation, I hope you've got eyes on this thread. This is your customer base. He doesn't care what you give him, so you might as well cater to us hyper-enthusiasts.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

KingofWisdom
Regular

Post by KingofWisdom » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:27 pm

“We want Dragon Ball Z to be a part of the modern, HD experience,” said Gen Fukunaga.

Then throw money at Toei for them to reanimate Z. If these sets don't have disappearing lines, then that will likely be the only improvement from the orange bricks to these.
"Those transformations insane,
They wanna turn up hours late and steal the show from the pros who had to die for the name." - Yamcha (DBWTF: Z-Rap 3)

"Over saturation is easy. Just drag the slider to the right and there you are: instant interest. And certainly, the majority of the public likes saturated color images. In fact, if you want to quickly create a popular image, simply over saturate the colors and increase the contrast. While you may not achieve a sophisticated image, you will achieve an image that will please a less demanding audience." - Alain Briot

over9000

Post by over9000 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:30 pm

Nope just don't care about a bunch of pathetic, negative ,whiney people. I don't associate myself with BEYOND annoying people like the people who complain for pages on end but don't come together and protest the right way to get what you want... Point . Blank, PERIOD

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:36 pm

over9000 wrote:Nope just don't care about a bunch of pathetic, negative ,whiney people. I don't associate myself with BEYOND annoying people like the people who complain for pages on end but don't come together and protest the right way to get what you want... Point . Blank, PERIOD
Oh, how irony. Un-associate yourself from this forum, then. Obviously, this is not the right forum for you.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:40 pm

I think these will sell fine. I think with enough marketing, a lot of casual fans will pick it up and will be like "Oh sweet DBZ on Blu-Ray! Time to revisit my childhood in HD!". That one of the main reasons why the season sets sold well because they were easy to find and a lot of casual people bought them.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:42 pm

Since Funimation is coming out with a new ''Remastering'' :P Does anyone think they'll get the idea to do the movies again? I know I'd be all for it IF! The quality was like the level sets.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:48 pm

We already have the DBZ movies on Blu-Ray. We could just wait for Toei to release the movies on Blu-Ray and have Funi use the HD masters from Toei.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:50 pm

over9000 wrote:Nope just don't care about a bunch of pathetic, negative ,whiney people. I don't associate myself with BEYOND annoying people like the people who complain for pages on end but don't come together and protest the right way to get what you want... Point . Blank, PERIOD
Hmm. FUNimation has specifically petitioned us, the members of this pathetic, negative, whiny group of people, for questions about this release, so we must be doing something right. But if you'd like to provide some actual constructive methods to teach us how to "protest the right way," I'm all ears. But until then, the only person more annoying than people who whine is the person who whines about the people who whine. If you're not going to, then please follow your own advice and don't associate with us!
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

over9000

Post by over9000 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:54 pm

:thumbup:

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:04 am

over9000 wrote::thumbup:
I love how you edited your post to cover up your rant. You said you want to leave, then by all means leave. We, who are pathetic, negative, and whiny bunch of people, are pointing out the facts presented to us. Gaffer Tape pretty much sums up the point. If FUNimation wants us to submit the questions for their Blu-Ray releases, then they would have to expect the negativity. But at the same time, plenty of pathetic, negative, and whiny people have asked some pretty positive questions. I don't know what your problem is, but if that's all you do, then don't come here.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:06 am

If you say something that's an unpopular opinion you will get people disagreeing with you not because you said something positive but because you said something people disagree with. For example I often have people question me when I say Sabat is my favorite English Reacoom or that I like Linda Young as Freeza just as much as Chris Ayers. Yet most people here would agree if I said Scott McNeil is a great Piccolo and the Dragonboxes are awesome. They're all positive things to say but they get different reactions depending on what crowd you're in.

Also I suggest you look around the forum a bit more because we do often say nice things about stuff we like.

over9000

Post by over9000 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:13 am

Yea. My bad. I also agree. And I noticed that there are actually a lot of Ocean Dub Voice actors I liked better, It was interesting to see the difference between Funimation/Oceans Majin Buu's voice actors.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:21 am

One major negative about the 16:9 is how zoomed in everything looks. Seriously the difference is like night and day, I can't wait to watch DBZ while constantly thinking of this. http://youtu.be/IwbJDUOk-Mk?t=3m44s

Treklin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Treklin » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:25 am

I wish more serious looking art covers like the japanese ones and not that americanized comic look and the spines of the bluray covers can make together the dragon ball z logo.
The word "KAI" means in the old North Germanic language Frisian "Kämpfer engl. Fighter" respectively "Krieger engl. Warrior"!

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:48 am

Treklin wrote:I wish more serious looking art covers like the japanese ones and not that americanized comic look and the spines of the bluray covers can make together the dragon ball z logo.
Excuse me, what? These are the covers from the japanese ones an the style is pretty similar http://dragonballuniversal.blogspot.com ... uales.html
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:57 am

No, it's not. These Dragon Box covers are drawn by Yamamuro. The arts between these two are very, very different.

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:07 am

I wonder if these fail anyone think they will do a Dragonbox Singles for Blu-Ray it would make sense use the extra disc space for the extra Faulconer audio track as well as some extras maybe use the same art as the Japanese Releases sell them at $10-$15 MSRP 48 total about $480-$600 would make sense release 4 volumes every 3 months take three years to complete id be all for it!!!