DBZ Battle of Gods English Dubbed

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AlphaLhyan

DBZ Battle of Gods English Dubbed

Post by AlphaLhyan » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:01 pm

Meet The Voices Trailer

This is but an introduction to my incredibly talented team of Voice actors. We decided waiting for Funimation to dub this movie is unbearable. SO were doing it as fans for the fans. I understand some of you guys may have negative critiques about our voices not being up to par to Funimation, but we have a hell of a lot of amateur talent thats doing this for fun so be generous(theres a way to critique and a way to be a dick, please know the difference). Don't just dislike it because your not fond of one voice lol, anyway hope you guys like THE promo. Toonami Trailers and hopefully the full movie will be released next month so stay tuned and i will be posting the links here as well.

So Thank you and Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKw5w5tftWY
Last edited by AlphaLhyan on Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Re: DBZ Battle of The Gods English fandub

Post by El Diabeetus » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:14 pm

Overall, it seems promising. But, are going to use Falcouner music? If FUNimation was dubbing this they'd use the original Japanese music without replacing anything (I'm still leaving the offer on the table to help you with the original music). It would be nicer to see the actors doing their own thing rather than copying the FUNi dub (outside of Mugen, and you as Beer(u)s and Whis). And a nitpick thing using star as the translation of Hoshi. It does translate to star, but can also be planet. Which in the context of BoG would make more sense to use Planet.

AlphaLhyan

Post by AlphaLhyan » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:17 pm

SSJ4 Furanki wrote:Overall, it seems promising. But, are going to use Falcouner music? If FUNimation was dubbing this they'd use the original Japanese music without replacing anything (I'm still leaving the offer on the table to help you with the original music). It would be nicer to see the actors doing their own thing rather than copying the FUNi dub (outside of Mugen, and you as Beer(u)s and Whis). And a nitpick thing using star as the translation of Hoshi. It does translate to star, but can also be planet. Which in the context of BoG would make more sense to use Planet.
oh no no, i have the entire DBZ BOG soundtrack I'm using that for the movie, i just used BF OST for this trailer specifically

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:19 pm

Ah, okay! That's good! Still looking forward to it. Hopefully everything works out with it. Projects of this size usually don't see the light of day. My only criticism for right now is that I would use planet instead of star.

AlphaLhyan

Post by AlphaLhyan » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:23 pm

SSJ4 Furanki wrote:Ah, okay! That's good! Still looking forward to it. Hopefully everything works out with it. Projects of this size usually don't see the light of day. My only criticism for right now is that I would use planet instead of star.
Point taken, i will see if my Beers is available and talk to him about his schedule as he already submitted all his lines weeks ago lol, Hes an incredible beers tho he was also piccolo too, but ill see what his schedule is looking like, yeah when i read the subtitles and listen to the translation i just went with star because of my slight laziness (dont tell anybody tho lol)

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:27 pm

AlphaLhyan wrote:
SSJ4 Furanki wrote:Ah, okay! That's good! Still looking forward to it. Hopefully everything works out with it. Projects of this size usually don't see the light of day. My only criticism for right now is that I would use planet instead of star.
Point taken, i will see if my Beers is available and talk to him about his schedule as he already submitted all his lines weeks ago lol, Hes an incredible beers tho he was also piccolo too, but ill see what his schedule is looking like, yeah when i read the subtitles and listen to the translation i just went with star because of my slight laziness (dont tell anybody tho lol)
It's all good, get lazy about it sometimes as well. I have just enough Japanese knowledge to know that it translates to planet too, which sounds a lot less awkward when spoken aloud in English.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:46 pm

I'd remove Faulconer's music. The Battle of Gods soundtrack is just fine. I would also pronounce it Beer-Us
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

AlphaLhyan

Post by AlphaLhyan » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:53 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:I'd remove Faulconer's music. The Battle of Gods soundtrack is just fine. I would also pronounce it Beer-Us
It was only intended for the Trailer, The original BOG soundtrack will be used for the movie

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:54 pm

Ooh, this sounds promising for a fandub. All the voices that are straight-up imitations are pretty good (especially Piccolo IMO,) and so are the ones that are a little more original. Definitely looking forward to seeing the finished product.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:55 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:I'd remove Faulconer's music. The Battle of Gods soundtrack is just fine. I would also pronounce it Beer-Us
AlphaLhyan wrote:oh no no, i have the entire DBZ BOG soundtrack I'm using that for the movie, i just used BF OST for this trailer specifically
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:01 pm

Here's my critique. Not here to bash or anything, just my initial thoughts.
I'm sure with practice and during your recording session they'll get better. Some of those were already on point with the Funimation cast, so you're on your way.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

AlphaLhyan

Post by AlphaLhyan » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:36 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:Here's my critique. Not here to bash or anything, just my initial thoughts.
I'm sure with practice and during your recording session they'll get better. Some of those were already on point with the Funimation cast, so you're on your way.
Thanks for your critique, always good to hear where we need to improve and what not, as for me being Whis, i can tell you when i did the auditions, when i tell you nobody auditioned for Whis throughout the entire process, so i had to take the role on myself. That recording session was so rushed by me that it was down right pitiful, but I have been practicing my tone for him and it will be better in the full movie, Thank you for your thoughts, i will relay critiques to the team on their performances.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:24 am

I really liked Mai, Shuu, Pilaf, Shenron & Oracle Fish.

Piccolo, Goten, Videl were pretty good too.

Can't wait to see it!

AlphaLhyan

Post by AlphaLhyan » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:14 pm

Yes were very excited to be working on it, we'll be releasing a Toonami based trailer with actual clips so stay tuned for that

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:44 pm

Couple of really, really tiny nitpicks. Hope you don't mind:

- The film's title is Battle of Gods. I'm not sure if you added the 'The' to make it sound less Engrish-y, but it always irritates me when I see people write Battle of the Gods on the internet.

- The last line you have #18 say- the one about Vegeta. If I recall correctly, isn't that Dende's line in the actual film? Pretty sure it's said off-screen, so are you just trying to give #18 more dialogue?

Other than that, not bad. :thumbup:

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:17 pm

Mugen26's Beerus voice sounds like Chris Sabat(Piccolo or Zoro) or like Sasuke's voice from Naruto Shippuden.

The Vegeta voice sounds like Gozar(any one here remembers him?)

Goku's voice....IMO sucks. I'm sorry I don't like it. Sounds....to....forced? I should say it sounds fake....

Whis - Excellent. Matches his character.

Gohan - Sounds badass in GreatSaiyaman. His regular voice....hit and miss. Not bad or Good.

King Kai: Should sound more god like or teacher like. I honestly thought it was Elder Kai at first :lol: . Make him sound younger or something.

Bulma: Sounds like a teenager and kinda sound Drunk. I'm not sure if she was Drunk in the movie. But she sounds drunk the whole script in the Fandub preview.

Pilaf's Gang: ALL of them are good.

Trunks: Sounds decent

Goten: This is my favorite character so I won't hold back. AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! Sounds great. Best voice in the WHOLE damn fandub.

Dende - Good.

Videl - Sounds JUST like Funimation's Chi Chi mix with an American Female.

Piccolo - Has a Piccolo's voice and feel. But he sounds like he's old now :lol:

18 - Sounds good enough

Satan - Sounds like Randy Savage

Shenron - AWESOME

Chi Chi - WHAT THE FUCK!? Videl's voice should go for Chi Chi's and Chi Chi's voice should go to Videl. This Chi Chi voice sounds like Videl. :lol: :lol:

Elder: Switch King Kai's voice and Elder kai's voice and this is good

Surpeme Kai: Decent

Yamcha: Sounds like a Street Fighter Character

Majin Boo - Sounds awesome.

Muten Roshi - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sounds just like Roshi

AlphaLhyan

Post by AlphaLhyan » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:53 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Couple of really, really tiny nitpicks. Hope you don't mind:

- The film's title is Battle of Gods. I'm not sure if you added the 'The' to make it sound less Engrish-y, but it always irritates me when I see people write Battle of the Gods on the internet.

- The last line you have #18 say- the one about Vegeta. If I recall correctly, isn't that Dende's line in the actual film? Pretty sure it's said off-screen, so are you just trying to give #18 more dialogue?

Other than that, not bad. :thumbup:
Tbh i wasn't sure who's lines it was as it was hard for me to decipher the voice correctly between the two. So i just gave it to 18 as she has less lines than Dende in the movie.

And about the title i Know, I'm making provisions as we speak. Thank you

AlphaLhyan

Post by AlphaLhyan » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:04 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Mugen26's Beerus voice sounds like Chris Sabat(Piccolo or Zoro) or like Sasuke's voice from Naruto Shippuden.

The Vegeta voice sounds like Gozar(any one here remembers him?)

Goku's voice....IMO sucks. I'm sorry I don't like it. Sounds....to....forced? I should say it sounds fake....

Whis - Excellent. Matches his character.

Gohan - Sounds badass in GreatSaiyaman. His regular voice....hit and miss. Not bad or Good.

King Kai: Should sound more god like or teacher like. I honestly thought it was Elder Kai at first :lol: . Make him sound younger or something.

Bulma: Sounds like a teenager and kinda sound Drunk. I'm not sure if she was Drunk in the movie. But she sounds drunk the whole script in the Fandub preview.

Pilaf's Gang: ALL of them are good.

Trunks: Sounds decent

Goten: This is my favorite character so I won't hold back. AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! Sounds great. Best voice in the WHOLE damn fandub.

Dende - Good.

Videl - Sounds JUST like Funimation's Chi Chi mix with an American Female.

Piccolo - Has a Piccolo's voice and feel. But he sounds like he's old now :lol:

18 - Sounds good enough

Satan - Sounds like Randy Savage

Shenron - AWESOME

Chi Chi - WHAT THE FUCK!? Videl's voice should go for Chi Chi's and Chi Chi's voice should go to Videl. This Chi Chi voice sounds like Videl. :lol: :lol:

Elder: Switch King Kai's voice and Elder kai's voice and this is good

Surpeme Kai: Decent

Yamcha: Sounds like a Street Fighter Character

Majin Boo - Sounds awesome.

Muten Roshi - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sounds just like Roshi
Thanks for your critique , as always your feedback is most warranted. About Goku, hes dropped his voice and been working on it. to sound like sean is a hard job, and hes been trying to take on the role and the pressure as well, and hes worked non stop to better it. I will be releasing a toonami trailer very soon, please take that in consideration before you cast him aside, i really haven't heard a better Goku on Youtube yet, thats how hard the job is.

AlphaLhyan

Post by AlphaLhyan » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:42 am

Vegeta addresses the fans OF DBZ for the upcoming Battle of Gods Movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEiXbRsgE8c

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:33 pm

AlphaLhyan wrote:Vegeta addresses the fans OF DBZ for the upcoming Battle of Gods Movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEiXbRsgE8c

The delivery is good, but IMO his voice is just a liiiiiittle to high pitched.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog