Why Hasn't This Been Brought Up Before? (Goku vs Animals)

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Why Hasn't This Been Brought Up Before? (Goku vs Animals

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:03 pm

Saiga wrote:They didn't know for Spider-man, but he used to be just as hated as the mutants because nobody knows jack shit about him. The general public knew the Fantastic Four's backstory, they knew Captain America's deal, I'm pretty sure they knew Ant/Giantman discovered Pym Particles, and people thought Iron Man was a loyal robot bodyguard to Tony Stark.

I just don't see a reason for Goku to be singled out from everything else in the series that gets accepted. :P
I always thought it strange that they trusted Thor, what with him claiming to be a god and all. But aside from one minor incident that I can think of, I don't know of any issues with the public that he's ever had.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Re: Why Hasent This Been Brought Up Before?

Post by DHM211 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:51 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Fionordequester wrote:I don't know. Why do all the Marvel citizens go "Oh my goodness! It's Spider Man! We LOVE Spider Man!" when they see him swinging his way through a city, but then go "Oh my goodness! It's Cyclops! He's nothing but a pig sucking MUTANT, and they deserve to DIE!!!" when they see Cyclops blasting criminals with his laser eyes?
Because the X-Men are stupid and shouldn't be part of the main universe.
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:51 am

This might of been a issue if it had been made a bigger deal but basically Bulma just freaked out for a minute and then accepted it.
Fionordequester wrote:
Even if it was, Spider-man is probably the worst example to compare to that. Wouldn't the Avengers (minus Hulk) or Fantastic Four (minus Ben) be better for that? And even then, those are all humans who were turned into superheroes, and more relateable to the general public than mutants who are born fundamentally different and are incorrectly perceived as a different genus. I think that does make more sense than the example of Goku.
Well...as far as I knew, in the era I grew up in, I saw stuff like the Sam Raimi movies and "The Amazing Spiderman", where almost everyone besides the police and a few others here and there saw him as a hero, so I guess I wasn't aware that things used to be different. Also, do we know that the general public knows that their superheroes didn't used to be different? I never saw anything in Spider Man where the people knew "oh, he was bitten by a radioactive spider, he's not that different"?

Anyways, the point is, people found Goku weird for the same reason people saw the mutants as despicable, but not the Avengers. People aren't exactly logical you know, whether it's real life OR fiction!
Even in the new stuff Spider-Man is sometimes feared/hated/not trusted by a large part of the general public. He was just on a episode of Hulk and The Agents of SMASH, and they were talking about how to get people to like him because "he has a image problem". He often times gets classified as a vigilante or menace instead of a hero, which is fairly common for the X-Men as well. It just depends on which fictional citizen you ask.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:09 am

dario03 wrote:Even in the new stuff Spider-Man is sometimes feared/hated/not trusted by a large part of the general public. He was just on a episode of Hulk and The Agents of SMASH, and they were talking about how to get people to like him because "he has a image problem". He often times gets classified as a vigilante or menace instead of a hero, which is fairly common for the X-Men as well. It just depends on which fictional citizen you ask.
Huh...well then, I guess I didn't know as much about Spider Man as I thought :oops: ...
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:36 pm

Spider-man just has a PR problem. There are lots of people who love him, especially the ones he has helped in one way or another or have seen him help someone. But people like J. Jonah Jameson keep turning many people agaisnt him, using fear and the media. So, in short, PR problem.

The problem with mutants is way worse. Its racism or something like that. Most humans are disgusted by mutants, they treat them like the lepers in the old days, like they had a illness that might infect them or their kids, pretty much like many people still feel about homosexuality.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Why Hasent This Been Brought Up Before?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:22 pm

B wrote:Dragonball Evolution would have been the greatest piece of cinematic artistry if they had included a scene of a dog wearing a suit sitting at the president's desk in the oval office.
Makes me happy that Puar and Oolong were not in DBE because talking live action animals in movies always look like shit. For example:

She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:45 pm

rereboy wrote:Spider-man just has a PR problem. There are lots of people who love him, especially the ones he has helped in one way or another or have seen him help someone. But people like J. Jonah Jameson keep turning many people agaisnt him, using fear and the media. So, in short, PR problem.

The problem with mutants is way worse. Its racism or something like that. Most humans are disgusted by mutants, they treat them like the lepers in the old days, like they had a illness that might infect them or their kids, pretty much like many people still feel about homosexuality.
The X-men weren't hated at first, either. The entire "we should stay hidden because we're different and humans may not entirely trust us" thing was there from the start, but the X-men were still treated as a superhero team who could work with the military, interact openly with the public, have FBI contacts, etc. The anti-mutant hysteria wasn't really introduced until about two years into the comic's run, with the first Sentinel story.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:35 pm

Adamant wrote:
The X-men weren't hated at first, either. The entire "we should stay hidden because we're different and humans may not entirely trust us" thing was there from the start, but the X-men were still treated as a superhero team who could work with the military, interact openly with the public, have FBI contacts, etc. The anti-mutant hysteria wasn't really introduced until about two years into the comic's run, with the first Sentinel story.
Er... No. Prejudice and racism have been major themes of the x-men franchise ever since they were introduced in the 60s. Even the first live action movie banked on those issues, that had been prevalent in the comics, and that movie came out in 2000.

Zantetsuken
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Zantetsuken » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:40 pm

Thor > All. (I don't even care for the Avengers anyhow. It's all about Spider-man and the Xmen!)

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:42 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Saiga wrote:They didn't know for Spider-man, but he used to be just as hated as the mutants because nobody knows jack shit about him. The general public knew the Fantastic Four's backstory, they knew Captain America's deal, I'm pretty sure they knew Ant/Giantman discovered Pym Particles, and people thought Iron Man was a loyal robot bodyguard to Tony Stark.

I just don't see a reason for Goku to be singled out from everything else in the series that gets accepted. :P
I always thought it strange that they trusted Thor, what with him claiming to be a god and all. But aside from one minor incident that I can think of, I don't know of any issues with the public that he's ever had.
Thor is like only on Earth half of the time anyway, so maybe that has something to do with it.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:45 pm

Zantetsuken wrote:Thor > All. (I don't even care for the Avengers anyhow. It's all about Spider-man and the Xmen!)
I like the Avengers, but I do agree that Thor is the best Marvel character. I really liked what JMS did with the character.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Zantetsuken
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Zantetsuken » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:56 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Zantetsuken wrote:Thor > All. (I don't even care for the Avengers anyhow. It's all about Spider-man and the Xmen!)
I like the Avengers, but I do agree that Thor is the best Marvel character. I really liked what JMS did with the character.
He's a great support character and when he returned after civil war for Seige, it was beautifully drawn and written. I haven't been keeping up since I heard he became Marvels new punching bag.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:58 pm

Zantetsuken wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
He's a great support character and when he returned after civil war for Seige, it was beautifully drawn and written. I haven't been keeping up since I heard he became Marvels new punching bag.
Yeah, not a big fan of that. He had a pretty good showing in "Fear Itself" though. But then he got thrown around by practically half the cast of Avengers vs. X-Men. I wasn't happy with that.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:13 pm

Thor best marvel? Spider man is the GOAT(greatest of all time). Imagine Gohan as Saiyanman in Marvel

Zantetsuken
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Zantetsuken » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:36 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Thor best marvel? Spider man is the GOAT(greatest of all time). Imagine Gohan as Saiyanman in Marvel
Gohan is a trash character who was replaced with a proper hero - He is nothing like Spider-Man.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:15 pm

Zantetsuken wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:Thor best marvel? Spider man is the GOAT(greatest of all time). Imagine Gohan as Saiyanman in Marvel
Gohan is a trash character who was replaced with a proper hero - He is nothing like Spider-Man.
Gohan wasn't replaced. I wasn't comparing Spidey to Gohan -_-

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:58 am

Would he be pro or anti registration?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:23 am

Man, this thread got derailed harder than a freight train hit by Godzilla.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:22 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Would he be pro or anti registration?
Your choice.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:40 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Man, this thread got derailed harder than a freight train hit by Godzilla.
At least everyone's getting along. :thumbup:
Malik_DBNA wrote: