Viz's Print Edition of the "Full Colour Comics" Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Re: Viz's Print Edition of the "Full Colour Comics" Discussi

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:33 pm

samuraix123 wrote:I'm sorry everyone, but I had to cancel my Pre-order on this. I saw that the limited edition of Battle of Gods Blu-ray went down in stock and I wanna order it before it goes out of stock and the prices get jacked up on it. I'll order part 1 & 2 as soon I order my Blu-ray. :)
Why are you apologizing to us? :P

Unrelated to the Colour Comics, but I'd be careful about shelling out for that BOG set now. You never know when old Gen is gonna jump out of the bushes with FUNimation's release of the film.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:46 am

The reason I apologized was I said that I had got it.(Which at the time, I did pre-order it.) :P But I seen the stock go down on that Battle of Gods LE and just canceled my Pre-order. lol And I'll get Funimation's release as well but I just really wanted this in my collection and I highly doubt Funimation will get a awesome boxset like the Japanese release. :)

Edit - But what really sucks is I want this Manga in full color! lol :lol: But I'll be able to get them when February and April role around.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:16 pm

I was just skimming through Walmart's website looking for Funimation's new Blu-ray release(Which still isn't on there!) and I found this. Looks like good old Wally World is carrying the Full colored Manga.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/27429863
http://www.walmart.com/ip/27819498
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:07 pm

I just pre-ordered the 3 of them for over $60 and I'll wait about six months. :cry:

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:23 pm

Sorry for bumping this thread, but look at what we have here:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2014/01/24/vi ... or-comics/

Mmmmm, I like. Hoping the paper quality is as good as it looks in these photos.

Madman.com.au also has a listing for the first volume, for all you Australians out there. It's apparently due out on March 10th for you guys, so you might wanna consider importing if you can't wait that long:
http://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view ... nga-vol-01

Madman.co.nz says the 21st for us New Zealanders, but at a price tag of $14.99. As opposed to Australia, which has the first volume listed as $24.95. :lol: Probably a mix-up, but I hope it isn't.
http://www.madman.co.nz/catalogue/view/ ... nga-vol-01
Last edited by DragonBoxZTheMovies on Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:27 pm

They really made a good decision, listening to fans and changing the unusual fonts for a more familiar one that won't disturb anyone.

AND also for the bigger size of the volumes, God I hope that the French edition will be inspired by Viz for this one. We tend to get copy/paste of the Japanese releases and that's usually a good thing, but the Japanese Tankobon size is a terrible idea for such impressive panels (especially after the awesome Kanzenban), so it's really the only thing, the only change I'd ask for. Please Glenat, be inspired by Viz and decide to use a bigger size just like they chose to do.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:33 pm

Well, it does suck that Piccolo is still going to talk weird for a handful of chapters and then not do so anymore (he was going through a phase?), but the font choice is a ton better than their old tankobon release. I'm feeling obligated to purchase this just so the likelihood of further print release is there. That would give them a chance to include "Mr. Satan", "Majin Buu", and "Vegetto".

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:23 pm

Cold Skin wrote:They really made a good decision, listening to fans and changing the unusual fonts for a more familiar one that won't disturb anyone.
Like I said, in the other thread, I don't think this was ever an issue with Viz. They didn't like the font either, but were forced to use it it in the magazine run by Shueisha. Obviously this wasn't a requirement for the collected volume release, or else it would still be in use.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:25 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:
Got my copy from Rightstuf on Tuesday. The paper quality is fantastic and the whole volume is beautiful. Hopefully they will keep this up for the whole series and correct those things Duo mentioned.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:34 pm

Freeza Soldier #156 wrote:
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:
Got my copy from Rightstuf on Tuesday. The paper quality is fantastic and the whole volume is beautiful. Hopefully they will keep this up for the whole series and correct those things Duo mentioned.
Oooooohhh, lucky! Are you able to post photos? :)

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:56 pm

I decided to up and pre-order it. If I don't like it or at a certain point they violate my conditions, I'm done. I'm sure most here feel the same way. I never had any significant problems with the tankobon release when I was collecting them in 2004 - 2005 up until hitting the Cell game.

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:35 pm

Here are some photos.

Size comparison between Viz releases (tankoubon, VizBig, and Full Color:
Color page comparison between VizBig (top) and Full Color (bottom):
A couple more random pages:

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:53 pm

Freeza Soldier #156 wrote:Here are some photos.

Size comparison between Viz releases (tankoubon, VizBig, and Full Color:
Its huuuuuuge.

Thank you! Can't wait to get this now. :D

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:23 pm

Looks like a good release! I might get these to get the rest of the full color in print

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:27 pm

Ooooft! That is pretty. Glad I preordered, I can't wait to get my hands on this.

Real shame they made no efforts to correct Piccolo's speech. It's such a horrible mark on a fairly decent translation. Here's hoping the dread H-word is absent as well Vegerot being replaced. I'd much rather read Kakaratto so Vegetto can be a thing.

...This is assuming they actually print past Freeza.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:22 pm

I am shocked and really hope I didn't make any promises about eating my shorts with this release.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:41 pm

If it's going to be the same translation, I don't know if I'll be picking it up.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:30 pm

Oh baby, I can't wait until these arrive in my mailbox. They look absolutely gorgeous.

By the way, you can preview the inside of the new Viz edition on Vol. 1's Amazon page: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/142156 ... UTF8&psc=1

Just click on the cover and you can preview several pages as well as the translation notes in the back of the book.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:09 am

I've had mine preordered on Amazon since late September and should be receiving mine on February 4th. I can't wait!
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:47 am

These are looking pretty gorgeous. My only real disappointment is that I doubt we'll get the full series.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D