What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MissVegeta
Not-So-Newbie

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by MissVegeta » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:59 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:Welcome to the fanbase!

It's a decent way to start the series (given the options it has) plus when you can get the Dragon Boxes, you'll feel more accomplished :)

Yeah i cant wait to get them shame there so hard to get hold of and expensive :D

dbgt

Post by dbgt » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:44 pm

Well I got these yesterday:
I got these today: (This is almost impossible to find it new in Japan! It is nowhere! (online or in-store), I almost gave up on buying it new, I am very happy (and lucky) to got this completely new today!)

This is not DB related but it is Toriyama related, I got them also today (also hard to find!, there are 15 kanzenban volumes, I'm halfway):

This I got them last week:

My 1 week collection so far:

SSJ3_Zack
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ3_Zack » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:33 pm

I've just bought this awesome DragonBall Snapback. It's currently being shipped at the moment. I also bought Season 1 on Blu-Ray and the limited edition Battle of Gods box set from Japan.

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:53 pm

As a follow-up to my previous post, I can say that Dragon Ball: Final Bout is crap by Dragon Ball standards. It baffles me that Hyper Dimension (the gold standard for 2D DB fighting games) came out before Final Bout, and yet Final Bout takes many, many steps back, despite being on a more powerful console. Movement is agonising, character hitboxes are sporadic to the point where ki blasts aimed at point blank range do not hit, flying is awkward and makes hitboxes even worse, the roster is a joke (I hope you like Goku, Goku, Goku, Goku, Goku, and we can't forget Goku), the build-up mode is pointless as there is no goal to aim for, meaning there is no motivation to progress, and overall this game compels me to learn programming so I can make a mod of this game that is......playable.

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:02 pm

Weejus wrote:As a follow-up to my previous post, I can say that Dragon Ball: Final Bout is crap by Dragon Ball standards. It baffles me that Hyper Dimension (the gold standard for 2D DB fighting games) came out before Final Bout, and yet Final Bout takes many, many steps back, despite being on a more powerful console. Movement is agonising, character hitboxes are sporadic to the point where ki blasts aimed at point blank range do not hit, flying is awkward and makes hitboxes even worse, the roster is a joke (I hope you like Goku, Goku, Goku, Goku, Goku, and we can't forget Goku), the build-up mode is pointless as there is no goal to aim for, meaning there is no motivation to progress, and overall this game compels me to learn programming so I can make a mod of this game that is......playable.
This short impression of Final Bout is fantastic...I remember as a child how great Final Bout seemed just because there weren't very many other options for DB games at that time in America. I still have to get my hands on the early Butōden series, as well as Hyper Dimension of course.
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:04 pm

SSJ3_Zack wrote:I've just bought this awesome DragonBall Snapback. It's currently being shipped at the moment. I also bought Season 1 on Blu-Ray and the limited edition Battle of Gods box set from Japan.
Oh my, that is a snazzy looking Snapback. Is this hat exclusive to Japan or was it sold in the states? How much did you end up spending on it anyways?
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:27 pm

I'm gonna leave this up to you guys. I'm going to get a pair of DBZ sweatbands for my visits to the gym and its up to all of you as to which one I get.

Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Wibbs
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wibbs » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:47 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:I'm gonna leave this up to you guys. I'm going to get a pair of DBZ sweatbands for my visits to the gym and its up to all of you as to which one I get.

That Red Ribbon Army one's pretty nice, you should consider that. :)
Thanks to SSJ God Gogeta for the avatar.

Shnuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shnuki » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:12 pm

Stuff I ordered in January:

Got all of the GT singles (in those sexy boxes 8) ). While used, all of them look like new (OK, maybe besides the last one, but it still looks pretty good). The DVDs from the "Lost Episodes" set were still in shrink wrap, which was nice.

Got the Dragon Ball movies and the GT TV-special from Amazon. They were brand new and the prices were pretty good. For movies 2-4, I decided to buy the older boxset, because the framerate issue in the second movie and a little weird-looking colors in the remastered set were a deal breaker for me.

I'm still thinking about buying the Complete Series GT Green Brick for the English dub with the Japanese score. I'm not in a hurry, though, because I have lots of other stuff to watch first. Who knows, maybe the miracle will happen and FUNi will finally release the Dragon Box for this series?

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:00 pm

The latest additions to my collection. I really wish Viz would pick up Episode of Bardock and the Jump special comic.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:19 am

Ooo, I was not aware that figure had released. Mind sharing where you purchased it? I'd rather not take to eBay again!
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:14 am

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Ooo, I was not aware that figure had released. Mind sharing where you purchased it? I'd rather not take to eBay again!
I wish I could help but I actually purchased mine from a Japanese seller on eBay.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:28 am

Makaioshin wrote:I wish I could help but I actually purchased mine from a Japanese seller on eBay.
Ah okay, well if you had a good experience, would you mind PMing me the link...that is, assuming they were selling multiples of this item.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:51 pm

[quote="Makaioshin"]The latest additions to my collection. I really wish Viz would pick up Episode of Bardock and the Jump special comic.
I'm more iterested in the Neko Majin rip-off thing that I've currently forgotten the name of. Mind sharing where you picked that up and how much it cost (seeing how it's not a typical release)?
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:06 pm

Purchased the two "Z" Dragon Boxes to finish my collection of all five original boxes. I also got my order in the mail of the March 2014 Saikyo Jump with the Episode of Bardock Kanzenban and the first tankoubon of Dragon Ball SD.

helsinkirocks
Not-So-Newbie

Post by helsinkirocks » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:19 am

Full Color Comic - Vol 1

oldboy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by oldboy88 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:02 am

back from customs (grml)

last letstvplay console that was missing in my collection

And OnePiecexDBZ letsTVplay in box

Butoden 1 SuFami VHS Tape

And this CD ... i remember ... back when the jumpland webpage was online wandering around with goku in a town via some flash animation stuff in my browser ...
i dont know what this cd is about, its sealed ... could anyone tell me whats on this cd exactly? Couse if there is nothing special on it, i will leave it just sealed ...

baneofdemon22
Beyond Newbie

Post by baneofdemon22 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:09 am

I just bought all the Vizbigs of Dragonball and Dragonball Z. Unfortunately, I keep having to cancel my order with Vol.6 because it's out of stock. I wish they would put that on their site. Instocktrades, Tales of Wonder, and Amazon are good with cancelling orders, but I hope Books a Million isn't holding my money ransom. I don't want them holding it for a few weeks, because I'm still going to be searching for it through other sites or stores.

baneofdemon22
Beyond Newbie

Post by baneofdemon22 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:12 am

@KentalSSJ6 I like the Red Ribbon Army bands! I don't like wearing licensed clothes, unless they're subtle. That way it's just a interesting design that anyone can appreciate and if it's so obscure only a fan would recognize, it's really cool!

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:13 pm

Dragon Ball Z: Super Android 13 (only more 7 and I'll have 'em all in 4x3 AR! :) )

And today I received Dragon Ball Z: Dead Zone (by Pioneer) but sadly it's Region 1 only so I'm gonna have to use my "WiiCube" (hacked Wii with direct access to the Homebrew Channel so no Wiimote required at any time) to watch it. I would've preferred it on my 360/PS3. :?
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray