The most evil villain in Dragonball.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

D.G.

Post by D.G. » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:09 pm

My choice has to be Piccolo Daimao. Even though he wasn't given a choice in his creation, he is, quite literally, 100% evil. There isn't a single speck of goodness in him. He didn't even suffer from the deaths of his children. He was shocked at the idea of someone strong enough to kill them, and saddened at the loss of a good servant, but nothing more.

Freeza is my number two choice. He's the perfect incarnation of the classic villian, let's face it. Evil to the core, but polite to his servants and enemies. He's the kind of character who would have been written into a 17th or 18th century mystery novel.

Kid Buu is evil too, but eh, I don't really see him in the same light as Daimao. Buu was created by a spell, and only granted enough conciousness to be used as a weapon or tool. He was never supposed to be a person, so in that regard I don't see his choices as evil. He simply wasn't aware of good or evil.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:40 pm

I may have overlooked Daimao a bit, he's got the pure evil and sadistic tendencies, but definitely is conscious in the evil decisions he makes. To make it easier for myself, I'd probably say he's the most evil DB villain, while Freeza is the most evil DBZ villain, separating the two eras entirely.

future_trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by future_trunks » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:08 pm

I'm at a tie for the most evil villian between Freeza and Dr. Gero.

Freeza had the choice between using his powers to fight the bad guys in the universe, or he could kill ruthlessly for money and get whatever he wants in life.

Dr. Gero took two innocent teenagers and turned them into androids against their will so that they could kill Goku for him. The androids can't be considered evil because they had no choice but Dr. Gero knew exactly what he was doing.
Cuz you're an ocean, you're an ocean, settle down settle down what's the commotion?

Vhanos
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vhanos » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:03 pm

I don't think Piccolo Daimoh had a choice because he used to be one with Kami and experienced violence through his time when he started growing up on earth.

Gero did have a choice but he only wanted revenge on Goku and didn't intend to target after his friends.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:36 pm

D.G. wrote:My choice has to be Piccolo Daimao. Even though he wasn't given a choice in his creation, he is, quite literally, 100% evil. There isn't a single speck of goodness in him. He didn't even suffer from the deaths of his children. He was shocked at the idea of someone strong enough to kill them, and saddened at the loss of a good servant, but nothing more.

Freeza is my number two choice. He's the perfect incarnation of the classic villian, let's face it. Evil to the core, but polite to his servants and enemies. He's the kind of character who would have been written into a 17th or 18th century mystery novel.
That's where you're kinda wrong there. Freeza's politeness is all about his personal way of being a total dick. Freeza didn't care when Dodoria took too long to return after going after Kuririn and Gohan, even after Zarbon suggested that he go look for him. Freeza's killed his own men, even for slight blunders. He's killed various races of people simply for his own profit.

Piccolo was out for conquering the Earth. Freeza would have just eliminated it of the living beings inhabiting it and taken control from there.

With Piccolo, it's either worship him or die. With Freeza, you were going to die no matter how you looked at it. The Saiyans worked for Freeza. Look what happened in the end. Even when it came to the Namekians and the Dragon Balls. It was either give him what he wanted, or you die. Freeza was already capable of being able to overthrow everything.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

D.G.

Post by D.G. » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:45 am

Daimao is guilty of the exact same things you list Freeza doing, just on a smaller scale due to circumstance. How is that an argument for him being of a more villianous nature than Daimao? I'm in agreement with Vhanos, Daimao was literally evil personified and given physical form. Freeza was just an alien, albeit an evil one. regardless of how unlikely, he had a choice of being good or evil. For Daimao it was impossible.

Majin Cell
Not-So-Newbie
Location: I don't know where this place is but it sure is wierd.

Post by Majin Cell » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:13 am

Well, I think having a choice between good and evil makes Freeza the more evil one. Of course thats just my opinion.
It is impossible to improve upon perfection.

Drunken Master
Regular

Post by Drunken Master » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:39 am

Tai Pai Pai killed Bora right in front of Upa. He SKEWERED him. Pretty evil.
AKA [b]Pope Blitzkrieg XVI[/b], [b]Mr. Shades-Internet McCool[/b]

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:08 am

Drunken Master wrote:Tai Pai Pai killed Bora right in front of Upa. He SKEWERED him. Pretty evil.
Freeza blasted Cargo right next to Dende. :P He then later killed Dende right after transforming into his true form. Pretty sure it's safe to assume Freeza's killed many more people than Tao Pai Pai has, including planets. Freeza also killed Kuririn right before Goku's eyes and was about to target Gohan next.

MartianOddity
Beyond Newbie

Post by MartianOddity » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:03 am

D.G. wrote:Daimao is guilty of the exact same things you list Freeza doing, just on a smaller scale due to circumstance. How is that an argument for him being of a more villianous nature than Daimao? I'm in agreement with Vhanos, Daimao was literally evil personified and given physical form. Freeza was just an alien, albeit an evil one. regardless of how unlikely, he had a choice of being good or evil. For Daimao it was impossible.
Daimao is the evil in Kami impersonated, he didn't choose to become evil. One can't blame him for that. He hated humans because of what they did to him and Kami when they were one.

One can blame Freezer, he chose to. It's a subjective matter, as I consider choosing to become evil worse than being "programmed" evil since it's a matter of choice.
Well, that's how I think when I choose who's the evilest, and that's why I left out Kid Buu who was stated to be pure evil, and in that case eviler than Freezer.

PS. It's not how many times you've killed that makes you evil, it's the purpose behind the crimes. DS.
Good people last longer!

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:31 am

I still think that Tao Pai Pai is the most evil villain. He had the most ways of killing people. And then, I have a statement: Did Freezer kill anyone with his tounge? No? I thought so.
Regarding the fact that humans don't really like the taste of blood and brain substances, and the enjoyment Tao Pai Pai showed when he licked off his lips after sticking his tounge in the brain of Blue, shows that he has done it before.

Tao Pai Pai killing someone that don't want to have someone else killed.

Tao Pai Pai killing Blue with his tounge, and then licking his lips with enjoyment.

Of all villains, Tao Pai Pai has the most sadistic ways of killing. Freezer chokes and punches/kicks his opponents, Cell beats his opponents into pulp, Buu almost the same, and they all use ki-blasts very often.
Tao Pai Pai uses fingers, his tounge and probably more of his extremeties (not sure of the spelling) to kill. He only uses his dodon wave if the opponent is somewhat strong.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:57 pm

Godo wrote:I still think that Tao Pai Pai is the most evil villain. He had the most ways of killing people. And then, I have a statement: Did Freezer kill anyone with his tounge? No? I thought so.
That would be having stylish moves, in a sort of way. Not associated with how evil a person is. :P
Godo wrote:Regarding the fact that humans don't really like the taste of blood and brain substances, and the enjoyment Tao Pai Pai showed when he licked off his lips after sticking his tounge in the brain of Blue, shows that he has done it before.
Obviously. Hired assassin. :P

That's not to say he's the only one who's done anything similar. Forgetting when Freeza impaled Kuririn, bucked his head to open the wound and make it deeper as he licked whatever blood that dripped down to his face?
Godo wrote:Of all villains, Tao Pai Pai has the most sadistic ways of killing. Freezer chokes and punches/kicks his opponents, Cell beats his opponents into pulp, Buu almost the same, and they all use ki-blasts very often.
Tao Pai Pai uses fingers, his tounge and probably more of his extremeties (not sure of the spelling) to kill. He only uses his dodon wave if the opponent is somewhat strong.
Ah, but there you have it. Tao Pai Pai kills his opponents. Freeza makes his suffer before death or just flat out kills them. A true villain does everything he can to make it painful for his victims. Since we've seen Tao Pai Pai really only bothers to kill when he's annoyed or is paid to kill, it's really nothing to Freeza who pretty much kills most living things for the sake of exterminating them. Tao Pai Pai is a hired assassin, Freeza is a space pirate who not only conquers worlds but also destroys them, even if they're inhabited by his own men, whenever he feels like it.

Anyone who attempts to mock Tao Pai Pai is usually killed. Freeza, on the other hand, will have some fun if he decides not to kill you immediately. Like I mentioned with him impaling Kuririn.

MartianOddity
Beyond Newbie

Post by MartianOddity » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:50 pm

I actually have to agree with Tsukento.
Tao Pai Pai kills his opponents quickly while Freezer makes them suffer as much as possible until he gets bored. Isn't that really, really evil?
Good people last longer!

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:19 pm

MartianOddity wrote:I actually have to agree with Tsukento.
Tao Pai Pai kills his opponents quickly while Freezer makes them suffer as much as possible until he gets bored. Isn't that really, really evil?
You got me there. Actually I just read Dragonball vol. 26 & 27. Read them and you know what I think.

SaiyaMel
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyaMel » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:55 pm

Freeza gets my vote - for the what some of the others said.
Just Saiyan...

Pang_Tong

Post by Pang_Tong » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:17 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:
Piccolo Daimao.

Why? He was born evil.

:
He wasn't born..he was exorcized. :lol:
[i]"Pang Tong, upon arriving at his new position, found the job to be boring and indulged himself in wine and pleasure, rather than collecting taxes or administering justice."[/i]

chibi_goten
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by chibi_goten » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:41 pm

17 & 18

From Future Trunks time line.

They killed there creator, they killed and terrorised people for fun, made games of how many people they could kill and how many buildings they could blow up.

They had no honour, they were ruthless killers they give no one a second option, even if one said they could survive the other one killed them anways.

They took fun in watching others suffer and just laughed at how weak they were and treated them like they deserved it.

Tao Pai Pai is evil, and a ruthless killer but that's how he makes his living, the androids and other villings mainly don't have a reason.

Kid Buu, he doesn't understand what he is doing, he was created so strong and just blows things up for fun and likes the challenge of a fight.

Freeza, he comes second to the androids he does give people a second chance, well sometimes but he has so much dignity and wit he marvels at his own greatness and kills people mainly who could become a threat. The planet thing, well that's just business kind of like Tao Pai Pai.
- Scott

Majin Cell
Not-So-Newbie
Location: I don't know where this place is but it sure is wierd.

Post by Majin Cell » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:42 pm

One thing I would like to point out about Freeza is that his politeness is'nt genuine. He's really mocking his victums when he acts like that.
It is impossible to improve upon perfection.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:00 pm

chibi_goten wrote:Freeza, he comes second to the androids he does give people a second chance, well sometimes but he has so much dignity and wit he marvels at his own greatness and kills people mainly who could become a threat. The planet thing, well that's just business kind of like Tao Pai Pai.
Not necessarily. Freeza only killed the Saiyans because of the threat he felt from them gathering in numbers and the possibility of a Super Saiyan. He killed others for his own purposes, really. Nearly all of the Namekians died because of him wanting the Dragon Balls. He had the Saiyans and his lackeys dispatched to destroy races simply for the point in conquering the planet.

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:05 am

Hate to be a sheep but I'm going to say Freeza.

Everyone of the villians are bad, but like said, Buu had no other way of thinking, no motives, just the enjoyment of killing, he had no concience, Cell's greed to want a strong battle for proof he is the strongest doesn't really make him any better, it was his own ignorance that led to his death, he was just as bad going around sucking the life out of people.

But even Tao Pai Pai, he never enjoyed watching the enemy suffer as much as Freeza did, he would just instantly murder his opponents, but Freeza gained pleasure from watching the victim suffer, as he did with Kuririn shaking him on his horns, also crushing Gohan's head on the ground, crushing Vegeta with his tail, Freeza never just 'killed' his enemy, he would wait until knowing he's above their level then toy with them until they were practically dead before killing them.

Apart from the fact that he killed his own men, destroyed entire planets, you can't just base an enemies evil on their evil doings such as these because they all would have destroyed planets and killed civilisations of life, even Vegeta did. But it's who gained the most enjoyment from their actions, and it's clear Freeza is the one who takes this.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/