Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:05 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
rereboy wrote:The next pages are sooo bad... :crazy:. Probably the worst in DBM since this is supposed to be the tournament, even though this is a special.
Bad artwise, story wise, or...well, both?
Story. Art is not bad.

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:25 pm

rereboy wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote: Bad artwise, story wise, or...well, both?
Story. Art is not bad.
Our opinions are polar opposites - I can't stand the art but I just love the way the story progresses.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:37 pm

rereboy wrote:The next pages are sooo bad... :crazy:. Probably the worst in DBM since this is supposed to be the tournament, even though this is a special.
Now you've got me curious about what could possibly be so bad in a minor battle like this.
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:30 pm

Well, I personally thought it was bad. There's nothing wrong if you feel differently once you see it. Anyway, by now what I said has probably decreased your expectations so maybe you won't think its that bad.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:06 pm

I don't see this guy winning. Vegito's Bra is powerful enough to hold off someone stronger then a SSj3. We know that she is going to beat Cold as well unless they have Cold's final form be at SSj Vegito level!
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:44 pm

rereboy wrote:Well, I personally thought it was bad. There's nothing wrong if you feel differently once you see it. Anyway, by now what I said has probably decreased your expectations so maybe you won't think its that bad.
So you onlt dislike it because you want to lower people's expectation?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:53 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
rereboy wrote:Well, I personally thought it was bad. There's nothing wrong if you feel differently once you see it. Anyway, by now what I said has probably decreased your expectations so maybe you won't think its that bad.
So you onlt dislike it because you want to lower people's expectation?
No, I dislike it. Period.

But since I warned you maybe it won't be as bad for you because of my warning due to lower expectations, that's all.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:32 pm

I see, huh. I guess I'll have to judge for myself when I see it of course, but...well, I survived the Bojack special. I think I'm ready for anything. :P
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:05 pm

I wish we had this fight earlier. I don't see the whole point of the flash back specials anyways. They seem like a waste of time when you can be moving the story forward.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:47 pm

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:21 pm

Bra looks like a maniac in that top panel.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:43 pm

If there is one thing I can say about Saligir, is he can really think outside the box. Sure we saw 16 beaten by gravity, but who would think gravity can be an effective weapon against Super Saiyans above ascended?

FrogTrigger
Beyond Newbie

Post by FrogTrigger » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:30 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:Bra looks like a maniac in that top panel.
Well from what we've seen of her I think it fits

Figured Elohim would pull something like that, at first I thought it was like a reflector type of thing like in SMT games where physical attacks bounce back on the user

This is cool too though

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:36 pm

FoolsGil wrote:If there is one thing I can say about Saligir, is he can really think outside the box. Sure we saw 16 beaten by gravity, but who would think gravity can be an effective weapon against Super Saiyans above ascended?
Just about anyone? Increasing gravity was shown in the manga. It doesn't take much to realize that it'll work against just about any character as long as you turn it up high enough.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:44 pm

Well, she...kinda is, from what we've seen. :lol: Definitely her father's daughter, much more so than main universe Bra.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:22 pm

Anyone else out there a fan of Bra? Not sure why but I enjoy her character.

FrogTrigger
Beyond Newbie

Post by FrogTrigger » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:45 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:Anyone else out there a fan of Bra? Not sure why but I enjoy her character.
She's fun in how smug/cocky she is

Really her father's daughter like someone said

Biiig contrast to Hogan and the others

DannyDBZfanforever
Beyond Newbie

Post by DannyDBZfanforever » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:50 am

I think the history of DBM, is getting boring at this point.

I think Bra is completely out of the standards of Dragon Ball and Elein has nothing to do with DB. He looks like a character from the Saber Rider franchise ...

Edit: I mean: Elein has a close combat with # 16 and now he is doing a good match with Bra (Bra ​​is in the same tier than Ultimate Gohan and Base Vegetto - Powers Levels are totally inconsistent at this point - :( )

FrogTrigger
Beyond Newbie

Post by FrogTrigger » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:40 am

DannyDBZfanforever wrote:I think the history of DBM, is getting boring at this point.

I think Bra is completely out of the standards of Dragon Ball and Elein has nothing to do with DB. He looks like a character from the Saber Rider franchise ...

Edit: I mean: Elein has a close combat with # 16 and now he is doing a good match with Bra (Bra ​​is in the same tier than Ultimate Gohan and Base Vegetto - Powers Levels are totally inconsistent at this point - :( )
Are we judging it a good match bc she hasn't zangya'd him yet?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:54 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Well, she...kinda is, from what we've seen. :lol: Definitely her father's daughter, much more so than main universe Bra.
Well of course! Don't you remember that one page that explained all about how Bra would "have some emotional issues" or something like that? Surely you wouldn't have forgotten? It was the same one that revealed that Vegetto was NOT actually a Caucasian Male after all :P !
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".