Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Scarz
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Scarz » Fri May 23, 2014 11:02 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Is there any characters on DBM that you wish were in it? I would kinda like to see how Metal Coola would have work in DBM.
Chichi. She doesn't have to be strong, just eye candy.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri May 23, 2014 11:25 pm

Pretty much any movie villain that wasn't already included.

Oh, plus Gotan and a Gohan/Goku potara.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:35 pm

AU Mr. Satan who is genuinely as strong as he says.

Janemba.

AU Chi Chi who is on the same level as the other powerful humans (Krillin/Ten/Yamcha/Videl) in their universe, because honestly, there's nothing weird about that, considering how powerful she got with a little training and no big battles at age 18. Same with Yajirobe.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri May 23, 2014 11:37 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:AU Mr. Satan who is genuinely as strong as he says.
I also though that maybe Gotan could be portrayed this way, at first. His appearance is basically Satan in Goku's clothes, so if he goes back to Satan's clothes, nobody would be any the wiser until he mops the floor with somebody.
AU Chi Chi who is on the same level as the other powerful humans (Krillin/Ten/Yamcha/Videl) in their universe, because honestly, there's nothing weird about that, considering how powerful she got with a little training and no big battles at age 18. Same with Yajirobe.
Agreed. I'm not even sure why Salagir said it'd be too unrealistic.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:47 pm

Especially considering how he made Videl of all people stronger than Freeza.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat May 24, 2014 12:05 am

Janemba would be cool. It would neat to see how he can use his powers outside of Hell.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat May 24, 2014 12:58 am

Saiga wrote:Agreed. I'm not even sure why Salagir said it'd be too unrealistic.
"ChiChi being that strong is unrealistic! *makes InvinciBroly*"

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat May 24, 2014 1:11 am

Actually I think pretty much any of the power ups he did were unrealistic (just thinking off the top of my head anyway). :lol: Not counting power ups we don't know the extent of yet.

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Sat May 24, 2014 1:49 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:"He's a hero in all situations..."
Man Goten's speech sucked. That's nearly Great Saiyaman levels of cheese, and like someone else said, reminiscent of "Ally to good".
That was meant to be a parody of those texts (with a bit of an advertisment thrown in for a good measure).
Saiga wrote:
Agreed. I'm not even sure why Salagir said it'd be too unrealistic.
Where did he say it? I can't find it and so I'm uninclined to believe your statement. The only thing Salagir has ever said in the DBM comments about Chichi's strength is this:
Salagir wrote:In the debate "is Videl stronger than Chichi at the 3rd tournament?" the answer isn't totally clear.
Source. It doesn't imply that Chichi can't be more powerful then Videl.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat May 24, 2014 2:04 am

Tzigi wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:"He's a hero in all situations..."
Man Goten's speech sucked. That's nearly Great Saiyaman levels of cheese, and like someone else said, reminiscent of "Ally to good".
That was meant to be a parody of those texts (with a bit of an advertisment thrown in for a good measure).
I could never imagine Goten saying something stupid like that. Sure he'd praise Goku, but nothing like that.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat May 24, 2014 5:08 am

The one fight I want to see more than U18 Gogeta vs Vgito would have been for Gokhan to have been a warrior and see him just clown Vegito. Gokhan would be more clam, more intelligent and stronger that would have knocked Vegito down some pegs.

Or Better yet Gokhan vs Bra.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat May 24, 2014 10:00 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:The one fight I want to see more than U18 Gogeta vs Vgito would have been for Gokhan to have been a warrior and see him just clown Vegito. Gokhan would be more clam, more intelligent and stronger that would have knocked Vegito down some pegs.

Or Better yet Gokhan vs Bra.
Gokhan would be weaker than Veggeto though.

All we have on Gokhan's power is Base Gokhan > Buutenks and thats it.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat May 24, 2014 10:01 am

Gokhan's power can be whatever the frig a writer wants it to be in relation to Vegetto, there's absolutely nothing concrete about it in the manga. All up to the reader's interpretation.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat May 24, 2014 10:03 am

Saiga wrote:Gokhan's power can be whatever the frig a writer wants it to be in relation to Vegetto, there's absolutely nothing concrete about it in the manga. All up to the reader's interpretation.
Rou Kaioshin says if Gohan and Goku fused, they wouldn't even need Super Saiyan to defeat Buutenks.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat May 24, 2014 10:06 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Saiga wrote:Gokhan's power can be whatever the frig a writer wants it to be in relation to Vegetto, there's absolutely nothing concrete about it in the manga. All up to the reader's interpretation.
Rou Kaioshin says if Gohan and Goku fused, they wouldn't even need Super Saiyan to defeat Buutenks.
He said probably wouldn't need it. So as I said, there's nothing concrete.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat May 24, 2014 11:14 am

WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY MAKE GOTEN SAY! Good gosh that's worst than Ally to Good. Are you serious. I simple "My father saved the world all the time" would be good enough.

Also why isn't Goku wearing his Green/Blue gi?

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat May 24, 2014 12:33 pm

I don't see anything wrong with what Goten said.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat May 24, 2014 12:36 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:I don't see anything wrong with what Goten said.
The second speech bubble sounded so wrong and doesn't even sound normal. I'm ok with first speech but the other bubble sounded so awful.

seriously why is Goku in orange gi?

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat May 24, 2014 2:43 pm

After re-reading it I still don't see the problem, he was mostly joking. It wasn't supposed to be some heart felt, teary-eyed speech.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat May 24, 2014 2:46 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Also why isn't Goku wearing his Green/Blue gi?
Yeah it's a shame. It would have been a good occasion to showcase that costume which wasn't shown much in Toriyama's work (it does appear in Neko Majin Z though).