"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ajay

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360) Official Threa

Post by Ajay » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:55 pm

Drev wrote:BUY!! On PC? hahahahaha
Stop.

At this point you're offering nothing to the conversation outside of embarrassing yourself.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:08 pm

You don't need spend $1000 on Alien Ware to buy a PC to play top nouch games. I got my laptop last year for $300 and I can play newer games like Bonderlands 2 and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon just fine. You can find sites that can help you upgrade your PC for a good price. I can see why you would stick with consoles, but I think we should get back on topic before we start a console war.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:14 pm

It's not even a console war. This guy simply fails to understand that PC has a thriving market and that Steam is huge. For some reason he's sprouting out sensationalist crap about how nobody buys games on PC. He hasn't got the faintest idea what he's talking about.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:18 pm

Rock star more or less Saud the PC version was didn't come out till now because it was so much more powerful than the 360/ps3 versions.

They were still working on it to import it to next gen.

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:22 pm

Stay on topic guys.

Drev
Beyond Newbie

Post by Drev » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:27 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:It's not even a console war. This guy simply fails to understand that PC has a thriving market and that Steam is huge. For some reason he's sprouting out sensationalist crap about how nobody buys games on PC. He hasn't got the faintest idea what he's talking about.
yeah, tell me about how much capcom sold ssf4 on pc.
I'm glad xenoverse is not coming to pc, so they can focus on console version and sell some REAL copy

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:36 pm

Maybe the new time traveler is Gohan... Who somehow got wished back to life and attained Super Saiyan God form :mrgreen:.

Dalesy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dalesy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:37 pm

Drev wrote:
AjayLikesGaming wrote:It's not even a console war. This guy simply fails to understand that PC has a thriving market and that Steam is huge. For some reason he's sprouting out sensationalist crap about how nobody buys games on PC. He hasn't got the faintest idea what he's talking about.
I'm glad xenoverse is not coming to pc, so they can focus on console version and sell some REAL copy
There's really no point in further derailing a thread to argue a moot point. You're just wrong. http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/97047 ... e-consoles
"Clark Kakakent however, would never speak that way. Clark Kakakent is a big orange boy scout who fights for truth, Justice, and the Saiyan way." - DemonRin

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:59 pm

Consoles will never die out since it's easier for most people to use and Japan still loves them. Super Street Fighter 4 sold better on the consoles because it's a fighting game. Fighting games are rare on the PC.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:06 pm

So this Xeno guy. Any ideas if his fighting is original or "based" on a fighter?

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:12 pm

Jackal puFF wrote:Maybe the new time traveler is Gohan... Who somehow got wished back to life and attained Super Saiyan God form :mrgreen:.
Tell me one good reason why on earth should wear a scouter.

Drev
Beyond Newbie

Post by Drev » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:14 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Consoles will never die out since it's easier for most people to use and Japan still loves them. Super Street Fighter 4 sold better on the consoles because it's a fighting game. Fighting games are rare on the PC.
it's the same for rts on console: nobody buy them on console (halo wars is so bad). It's not a fact of "rare", but a fact of "not every pc player has a pad", and fighting games NEED a pad. That, and the piracy fact.
TheGmGoken wrote:So this Xeno guy. Any ideas if his fighting is original or "based" on a fighter?
probably he's the custom character you can create with editor, so you should choose his moves, I guess
Last edited by Drev on Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheGameTagerZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGameTagerZ » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:15 pm

Drev wrote:BUY!! On PC? hahahahaha
Are there more ignorant users on here like this guy?

TheGameTagerZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGameTagerZ » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:20 pm

Its obvious he doesn't game much on PC so I stop taking him seriously after the second quote.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:25 pm

Saiga wrote:That was the name they put in for UT's custom character when they created one for promotional stuff.
I don't think this is supposed to be the default name of the character. They probably just wrote "Bandai" because they are Bandai Namco.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

UltWarrior1

Post by UltWarrior1 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:26 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:So this Xeno guy. Any ideas if his fighting is original or "based" on a fighter?
I'm assuming its based on a singular fighter...but who knows!? Perhaps there are various "character types" for custom characters, similar to the Smash Bros' Mii fighters.

This is all assuming that there are indeed custom characters... :wink:

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:03 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:GTAV was delayed on PC to have it coincide with the next gen releases. You're pulling 'facts' out your ass to defend a totally asinine and incorrect point.
Let's take Titanfall for example, if it were released the same day on Xbox 360 it would have sold much better on Xbox 360 than Xbox One as it's the console Xbox owners have/had more. Rockstar knew that if they had released GTA V on PC/PS4/XO same day as 360/PS3 sales would go off the cliff.
Drev wrote:That, and the piracy fact.
I can't believe you're still keeping up with the "PC is for pirates" thing.

Anyway, fingers crossed that Dimps releases a demo of the game by the end of 2014 or so. :)
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:41 pm

Drev wrote:
It actually sold amazingly well, well enough for them to continue to support it with updates and expansions.
Hellspawn28 wrote:Consoles will never die out since it's easier for most people to use and Japan still loves them. Super Street Fighter 4 sold better on the consoles because it's a fighting game. Fighting games are rare on the PC.
This isn't true. Consoles are all but dead in Japan and more and more fighting games are being released on PC every year. Japanese gamers mainly play games on mobile and handhelds.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:49 pm

Sensational comments and a complete lack of understanding about the market you're trying to comment on will not only continue to earn you an annoyed group of fellow fans, but may in fact result in strikes against your account when things step over the line.

As with anything else, if you don't have a full and complete understanding about what you're trying to comment on, have a bit of humility and be eager to hear what your peers have to say. Otherwise, please find another community to become a part of.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:05 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Saiga wrote:That was the name they put in for UT's custom character when they created one for promotional stuff.
I don't think this is supposed to be the default name of the character. They probably just wrote "Bandai" because they are Bandai Namco.
Oh, I don't think it was a default or anything either. I think they just put that in when they created the character to make the videos. My point was more that they chose to make him a red-haired Gohan like this guy, for some reason it gets used a lot in this franchise.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!