Episode #0041 (03 September 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:36 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:This has been discussed multiple times, and my personal thought is that I want them to be translated, but... it doesn't seem that likely, especially since Viz hasn't been doing anything with the product ever since they finished releasing the manga. This question's also been in the podcast, to which the crew answered that it would be pretty difficult, since the manga is under Viz's license and the anime is under FUNi's. :x it's all so frustrating...

Couldn't Viz at least translate and release the manga only ones like 2? They did it for one of the Kenshin guidebooks.

Oh and Daemon. You said you heard vol 7 had little pictures to go off of. According to Dragonball Arena, vol 7 has few color pictures but "tons of black and white ones".

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:32 pm

I loved this episode. :D

I didn't really believe that you were actually gonna go through every single DB guide, but there ya go. :)

The Top 5 had me rollin'. :lol: "REMENNBER DBZ!" The second after I heard that, I rushed to my Perfect File and the mistake wasn't there. :( Then I go back to the Podcast and find out that it was fixed for the reprint, which I have... oh well. :|

Also, Julian, next week, sing Bon Voyage, full length, no stopping. It's either that or Boku-tachi wa Tenshi Datta. Thank you. :)
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Yamicrazy

Post by Yamicrazy » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:48 pm

That was the best podcast ever. I always wanted the Daizenshuu. Now I shall go and hunt them out and purchase 1, 6 and 5.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:58 pm

Yes! Now that manga in the back of that one guide that I have makes sense to me! It'd been bothering and confusing me ever since I bought it. Thank you so much.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:03 pm

A lot of these sound buy worthy in my book. I'll have to keep an eye out for 'em next convention I go to. Thanks for all of the info :3

Kula
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kula » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:58 am

I bought four of the movie 'manga' from ebay for £2 each. I got the 'Trunks Special', 'Cooler Returns', 'Super Android 13' and 'The Return of Broly'. They're in pretty good condition, but a page is missing from each one. I assume it was some kind of pull out poster.

As for releases for September...I've been getting weekly emails from CD Universe telling me that my 'Dragon Ball Z, Vegeta Saga I Box Set' will be ready to ship on September 26th.

From the description on the site, it looks like it may be the first 6 Ultimate Uncut DVDs packaged together.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.a ... 5713&BAB=M

GI_Judd2287
Beyond Newbie

Post by GI_Judd2287 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:58 pm

Yeah, I've got Street Fighter Eternal and it's great. It has a whole history of the games, artwork, character files, everything. It's confusing that they'd translate one for a pretty much dead franchise in America. I'd pay good money for a translated Daizenshuu, particularly for the art one and the movie/TV special one.
"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?"-- Captain America

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:35 pm

I found the Daizenshuu 1 on ebay and won it for $14.50 It started out at $1 so I think it's the one you mentioned Mike, thanks. :D

Maker777
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Maker777 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:49 am

Nice Podcast as usual guys. Thats the first I've ever heard of the daizensuu books,then again i live in a place that gets barley any db merchendise, but hey i cant fix that. Anyway it was good and thats all i can say. :)

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:05 pm

I listen to podcasts in odd orders so since I don't want to get yelled at for reviving old threads I'm going to scan this one..

Yeah, daizenshuus. The month of July was my project to get those books. I did a lot of research but with no such luck. If you are willing to sell yours, I'm offering a DragonBall Z: Legends, Ultimate Battle 22, and Final Bout combo (I guess I have to offer the last one too. I don't want it!). All in great condition.

...If this came out to be a commercial then I'm sorry, but bribary works.. I NEED THOSE DAIZENSHUU. (looks up) 14.95?! Come on!
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:15 pm

Mr.Piccolo wrote:...If this came out to be a commercial then I'm sorry, but bribary works.. I NEED THOSE DAIZENSHUU. (looks up) 14.95?! Come on!
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that that was the auction I was in, too. Curse me for providing more competition in the auctions I was participating in!
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Taku128

Post by Taku128 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:57 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:
Mr.Piccolo wrote:...If this came out to be a commercial then I'm sorry, but bribary works.. I NEED THOSE DAIZENSHUU. (looks up) 14.95?! Come on!
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that that was the auction I was in, too. Curse me for providing more competition in the auctions I was participating in!
Once again I get lucky on ebay. My max bid was $15.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:33 pm

Just a little item update: Circuit city has Wrath of the Dragon for $10.99 (+ shipping).
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:51 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:Just a little item update: Circuit city has Wrath of the Dragon for $10.99 (+ shipping).
Already? But, that's just online right?

They don't have it in stores yet do they?
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:11 pm

_Jrinu_ wrote:Already? But, that's just online right?

They don't have it in stores yet do they?
Well, it's coming out this Tuesday, so I'd assume that they have them already and are just waiting to put them up on the shelves.