"Super DragonBall Z" Help Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnotherGamer

Post by AnotherGamer » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:47 pm

Phred wrote:I own the game.. and yet... The manual says barely anything
Is BP just for ranking? Or will my attacks actualy be stronger if I have a higher BP?
And what about the BP and EXP bonuses in the survival roulette? Are those a flat boost, or some kind of multiplier that applies to one or all battles?

And a minor thing, In the english version there's a wish that changes your name to something in Japaneese... what does that do in the japaneese version?
BP's just ranking as far as anyone can tell until someone accurately checks if there's any damage difference between a char with 10 million BP vs a char with only 1000 and 2 chars with 1000 BP both.

The roulette survival exp and BP boosts give you a set increase each.

Last one I wouldn't know about. I didn't even know that the wish changed your name to something Japanese since all it displays is 2 kinds of stars and a diagonal square shape in the quotes where it says what it'll change your name to.

Phred
Beyond Newbie

Post by Phred » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:49 pm

Hm... maybe... I thought I saw Japaneese characters there... but maybe I was mistaken... I do know it changes each time
[url=http://phred.thegreatbeyond.net]Comix Productions[/url]

Mystic Jack
Regular

Post by Mystic Jack » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:31 am

Can anyone tell me if this is worth buying?
Singer, actor, chiropractor!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:57 am

Mystic Jack wrote:Can anyone tell me if this is worth buying?
For the love of god, actually read some threads about the game.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Phred
Beyond Newbie

Post by Phred » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:23 am

Hm, it seems faqs started apearing at GameFAQs, that colours and outfits guide is very useful! I kept wishing over and over again hoping there'd be a black jacket for Trunks XD
I just discovered Dragon Finishers, too very neat... how do you get those to appear? I guess only a few people have them? Anyone know who?
[url=http://phred.thegreatbeyond.net]Comix Productions[/url]

AnotherGamer

Post by AnotherGamer » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:54 am

Phred wrote:Hm, it seems faqs started apearing at GameFAQs, that colours and outfits guide is very useful!
I just discovered Dragon Finishers, too very neat... how do you get those to appear? I guess only a few people have them? Anyone know who?
You can wish for DFs once you beat the character's Original mode without using a continue. The only characters that have them are Goku, Vegeta, Majin Vegeta, Gohan, Cell and Frieza. From the gameplay POV they're ultimately pretty useless, since the button input is pretty awkward and there's no shortcut button and whenever you fulfill the picky conditions to use one, you might as well use another super that has an easier motion and kill your opponent regardless.

As far as the FAQs are concered, the color one is relatively decent for what it's worth but I don't have anything nice to say about the gameplay FAQ: he uses made up motion abbrivations and refers directly to PS buttons instead of their functions, lists inherited moves with the characters' own moves (although by some miracle, he managed to rub his 2 braincells together long enough to be able to mark them with a *), has stuff in the wish list listed as ???? that's been known for ages already, obviously doesn't give a slightest mention on details about the moves themselves and to top it off, gives all the credit about the game to Atcraptari and Unfunnymation.

I'd write a better one myself but I don't want tons of clueless fantards (none of you people, mostly the GFAQs idiots) to email me about crap I've listed countless times in the FAQ already.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:00 pm

I'm having a problem.

According to various resources, you are supposed to engage in a "Double or nothing" battle with one of the 5 hidden characters at the end of survivor mode if you meet certain conditions.

What are these conditions? I swear I have tried fricken everything on Earth to do this and it never happens. Help!

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:07 pm

You need 5 of those seals. I believe you get one if you beat the opponents very hard and fast.

AnotherGamer

Post by AnotherGamer » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:33 pm

Set the damage to maximum and time to 45 seconds to get them without even trying.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:33 am

AnotherGamer wrote:Set the damage to maximum and time to 45 seconds to get them without even trying.
Awesome! Thanks to you, I got the privledge of losing to my favorite character, Ultimate Gohan.

Seriously though. I am very happy now. Thank you.

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:47 am

How do I get the other Voice Nararations to unlock?
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]

DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DB_Fan » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:50 am

I got the game yesterday, and I got an oufit for my costumized Goku, why can't I use it in normal Goku?

Also in the back cover of the game, in the Tournament, I saw Oolong, when I play, I can only see Puar and the Announcer running around.

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:41 pm

DB_Fan wrote:Also in the back cover of the game, in the Tournament, I saw Oolong, when I play, I can only see Puar and the Announcer running around.
Hmmm... I remember that when you hit Puar, he/she transforms into Yamcha. Could he/she possibly transform into Oolong also? :?
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DB_Fan » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:03 pm

Steven Perry wrote:
DB_Fan wrote:Also in the back cover of the game, in the Tournament, I saw Oolong, when I play, I can only see Puar and the Announcer running around.
Hmmm... I remember that when you hit Puar, he/she transforms into Yamcha. Could he/she possibly transform into Oolong also? :?
I tried to hit Puar several times, but I can't even get close to him.

As for Oolong, I saw him in the arena. This is in the European back of the box of the game.

AnotherGamer

Post by AnotherGamer » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:17 pm

The only ways to hit Puar I know of is to position you and your opponent so that they're standing in line with him and either use a directable ki blast and direct it past the opponent and into Puar, or fire a normal ki blast and have the opponent jump over it. When hit, Puar turns into Yamcha, a flyswatter and finally getting hit without turning into anything before turning into Yamcha again the next time around he's hit.

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:20 am

I love you guys!!

I've gone to a couple of Dragonball forums and this seems to be the only one where Super Dragonball Z seems to get any good remarks. Everyone else seems to pan the game becuase of the graphics, lask of a roster or story mode. I actually really appreciate this game because it puts the emphasis on the fighting. And not to bring down B3 or BT, but I really hope that they have a sequel to this.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:38 pm

I've heard that this title is online. Is this even remotely true? (Probably, unfortunately not, right?)
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Nyoibo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nyoibo » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:35 pm

Nope, unfortunately it's not.

Blastero
Beyond Newbie

Post by Blastero » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:32 pm

Is anyone aware of any differences between the American and Japanese release, beyond just the voices and text? Music perhaps?
[url=http://blastero.livejournal.com/profile]My Livejournal![/url] Go ahead and friend me, and I'll probably friend you back.

Nyoibo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nyoibo » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:46 pm

In the Japanese version, the track that plays when you fight against a powerful customized opponent is based off the anime soundtrack.