Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread

Post by Valerius Dover » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:32 pm

Chuquita wrote:Re: gt

As in travel can still result in unsatisfying stories, or gt as in Toei intentionally avoiding the latter half of the ten years because they don't want people to see EOZ designs and be reminded of how awful gt was? Or something else?
It was just a joke. :lol:
I haven't seen GT yet, so I can't say if it's truly awful or not. I was aiming at the travel aspect, though. Personally, I'd like to see more of that.
Also agree that they should place it after Z.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:39 pm

Low Tone G wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:I do hope Toriyama has worked his "let's not destroy anything" out of his system. The storylines have to stop playing softball sometime, especially given just how good Toriyama is when he wants to be cruel.
Yeah, maybe he doesn't want to make too much destruction in Dragon Ball world, but it isn't excluded that the new movie will take place after the end of the manga. Nothing said that in must take place before the meeting wih Uub. I do not see if there is such a terrible wish that Toriyama wants to occur to take place before that Tenkaichi Budokai if it causes real problems and involves many of characters. The most logical secenarion would be that would take place after the end of manga, espacially that Bulma mentioned that she didn't meet Goku for 5 years when she scolds him in EoZ. So if the BOG events were that events when Bulma met Goku for the last time before EOz, then the New movie can take place after EOZ.
Didn't Toriyama state he didn't want to continue after EoZ because the characters would be too old? We all know how much he loves Goku so I'm not seeing him putting him aside.

Also, I don't understand why Toriyama doesn't give one of his favorite characters, Piccolo, a bigger role.

And a thought that crossed my mind:

What if this movie is showcasing what's happening in another universe?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:41 pm

Doctor. wrote: I don't understand why Toriyama doesn't give one of his favorite characters, Piccolo, a bigger role.
He isn't strong enough .
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:19 pm

sintzu wrote:
Doctor. wrote: I don't understand why Toriyama doesn't give one of his favorite characters, Piccolo, a bigger role.
He isn't strong enough .
This is never set in stone. Toriyama could make Piccolo as strong as he likes just for the heck of it. Heck, the story could be about weak characters being weak.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:28 pm

sintzu wrote:
He isn't strong enough .
He has introduced more than enough ways to make him relevant again. In a verse like Dragon Ball where the author can do whatever the hell he wants almost without consequence, being weak is not an excuse to be irrelevant.

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:44 pm

sintzu wrote:
He isn't strong enough .
You shouldn't have to make a character "physically stronger" to give them a bigger role. You simply have to write them in a role that plays on their strengths. Lack of raw power shouldn't instantly make a character's role less useful or make it impossible to create a big role for them. There's series' out there that do pretty well with incorporating roles to the physically weaker cast of characters, so that their role is critical in the grand scheme of things...
Last edited by Chibi Gohan on Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:17 pm

Will this movie have the same popularity as Battle of Gods? Like getting a limited edition box set etc etc
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:20 pm

I'm wondering myself if in Japan it can outgross the last one. It's possible.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:23 pm

samuraix123 wrote:Will this movie have the same popularity as Battle of Gods? Like getting a limited edition box set etc etc
It's hard to say this early, but if I had to guess, it might get just a tiny bit less of glamor thrown it's way. I mean, with Battle of Gods, it was 'HOLY CRAP FIRST NEW MOVIE IN FOREVER, AAHHHHHH'. With this one though, it's more 'Oh cool, we're getting another one so soon!'. The excitement and marketing level is sure to still be really, really high, but I can't help but feel it may be a little lower in comparison to before BoG came out.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:26 pm

The movie will probably do well for itself. Whenever it hits home video it is almost guaranteed to receive a limited edition Blu-ray release, too.
She/Her
bisexual milf

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:38 am

JulieYBM wrote:This is never set in stone. Toriyama could make Piccolo as strong as he likes just for the heck of it.
Toriyama doesn't exactly do these things. Piccolo has already reached his limits through training apparently, so Toriyama would have to bring a strong Namekian for him to merge.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:51 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:This is never set in stone. Toriyama could make Piccolo as strong as he likes just for the heck of it.
Toriyama doesn't exactly do these things. Piccolo has already reached his limits through training apparently, so Toriyama would have to bring a strong Namekian for him to merge.
Saiyan Zenkais would like a word with you. Much as I agree that it's unlikely, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for Toriyama to do something like that for Piccolo.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:11 am

bkev wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Saiyan Zenkais would like a word with you. Much as I agree that it's unlikely, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for Toriyama to do something like that for Piccolo.
He does pull ways to get stronger from his ass, but he doesn't make people stronger just because. But from what we've seen so far, Piccolo can only get stronger by merging with others now. Except if we see something new.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:52 am

Doctor. wrote:
Low Tone G wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:I do hope Toriyama has worked his "let's not destroy anything" out of his system. The storylines have to stop playing softball sometime, especially given just how good Toriyama is when he wants to be cruel.
Yeah, maybe he doesn't want to make too much destruction in Dragon Ball world, but it isn't excluded that the new movie will take place after the end of the manga. Nothing said that in must take place before the meeting wih Uub. I do not see if there is such a terrible wish that Toriyama wants to occur to take place before that Tenkaichi Budokai if it causes real problems and involves many of characters. The most logical scenario would be that would take place after the end of manga, espacially that Bulma mentioned that she didn't meet Goku for 5 years when she scolds him in EoZ. So if the BOG events were that events when Bulma met Goku for the last time before EOz, then the New movie can take place after EOZ.
Didn't Toriyama state he didn't want to continue after EoZ because the characters would be too old? We all know how much he loves Goku so I'm not seeing him putting him aside.

Also, I don't understand why Toriyama doesn't give one of his favorite characters, Piccolo, a bigger role.

And a thought that crossed my mind:

What if this movie is showcasing what's happening in another universe?
Yeah, Toriyama stated that some of characters were too old to BOG to take place after EOZ. But that was valid only for Battle of Gods. And it's simply not true that they are too old for stuff, only if we take the humans maybe Goku and Vegeta. But Piccolo still has some hundred years to live, so he is very young being a Namekian, and the next generation of Half-saiyans are also very young, not even Gohan is too old in GT either. Toriyama wanted to show all the characters in the BOG movie, but they weren't useful even if they treated them enough young to be. And Goku has know other possibilites to grow stronger, just because he contains now God Ki. Vegeta also can have it, so... But I'm only speculating about the story to take place after EOZ.

For an other universe's story to happen....

That would mean that other universes might have Shenlongs too. Maybe in other universe's character will resurrect an other God Of Destruction.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

valfranx
Beyond Newbie

Post by valfranx » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:58 pm

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:33 pm

valfranx wrote:another false interview?
http://el-quisquilloso.com/akira-toriya ... n-explotar
It appears so, yes.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:14 pm

One Piece 3D2Y aired this weekend. It is 107 minutes long and has some great action cuts. I hope Director Yamamuro tries to recruit Itou Naoyuki to storyboard for him.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:17 pm

I almost thought there were news!

Yeah, but normally anything One Piece related gets a bigger budget. Still, it's Dragon Ball, so it should get one almost as big.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:58 pm

One piece always looks cheaply made to me, partly the reason I don't like it.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:28 pm

JulieYBM wrote:One Piece 3D2Y aired this weekend. It is 107 minutes long and has some great action cuts. I hope Director Yamamuro tries to recruit Itou Naoyuki to storyboard for him.
Those cuts look great; so jealous in that I wish new DB animation would get cuts like that. TuT

I still wish we knew who the animation director/character designer for DB15 will be by now.

So hungry for DB15 news....
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!