Dragon Ball Z "Seasons" On Blu-ray: News & Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Z "Seasons" On Blu-ray: News & Discussion

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:18 am

SSJ Electric Fury wrote:
thomas1up wrote:For the Eng Dub + JPN Soundtrack has the mixing improved at all? A common problem with it in the Dbox and Orange Brick is that the music was often too quiet.
I only have the season seven Blu-ray at this point, but I finished episode 201 a few minutes ago (I actually watched it to answer this question), and the BGM was still quieted compared to the dialogue. Shame.

On a side note, is it just me, or does FUNi Kai (at least with Kikuchi) have the same problem?
Yeah this is a problem I find with FUNi in general, their English track music is much quite compared the the Japanese tracks.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:09 am

More to the point, this seems to be an issue with all FUNimation 5.1 mixes in general.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:25 am

So Buu is looking at Dabura then?

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:44 am

Geez, this so called Japanese artist has a terrible sense of perspective. How heck did Toei manage to change the artist after 2004? FUNimation should request for Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru to draw for them next time they release Dragon Ball related DVD. Thankfully, the man did it for the Dragon Boxes.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:34 am

I just realized fat Boo isn't on any of these covers. That's a pretty big character (no pun intended) to just gloss over!

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:46 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Image

So Buu is looking at Dabura then?
The cover art all together look great. Can't wait until I complete my collection.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:58 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:Yeah, if you remove Mr. Satan and the earthlings from the cover, it would look much better. If anyone is willing to photoshop the cover to remove them, that'd be great.
And if you also remove those citizens in weird poses, then the cover would certainly look better.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:00 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:Yeah, if you remove Mr. Satan and the earthlings from the cover, it would look much better. If anyone is willing to photoshop the cover to remove them, that'd be great.
And if you also remove those citizens in weird poses, then the cover would certainly look better.
Um....
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:04 pm

Speaking of those citizens on the cover... Why not use established characters? Chi-Chi? Krillin and his family? Piccolo? Yamcha? I don't know... seems like a missed opportunity to me.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:35 pm

^ Yeah, they could've made the last cover a farewell to Dragon Ball Z by featuring most of the known characters but they ruined it.

FUNimation's better to stick with one character per cover because more than that they tend to screw up.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Kojiro Sasaki
Banned

Post by Kojiro Sasaki » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:48 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:2013-2014: Dragon Ball Z - Season Blu-rays
2015: Dragon Ball Z Kai - The Final Chapters on Blu-ray & DVD
2016: Dragon Ball Z beautifully remastered in HD on Blu-ray like you have never seen before!
:lol:
theoriginalbilis wrote:I will that's a great aspect of these sets: They went through the trouble of cleaning up the Japanese audio, even if it is just a filtering. Most US distributors never even touch those masters, so I will give props to FUNi for that.
If you would exactly understand what they did, you wouldn't praise them at all.
sintzu wrote:Dbz is not only Funi's biggest franchise but anime's biggest so yes there will be more releases (...)
...looking like this:
SSJ4 Furanki wrote:Especially since the original masters were lost according to an article Kei linked to on Twiiter.
It's not that certain as you think... 8)
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:Geez, this so called Japanese artist has a terrible sense of perspective. How heck did Toei manage to change the artist after 2004? FUNimation should request for Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru to draw for them next time they release Dragon Ball related DVD. Thankfully, the man did it for the Dragon Boxes.
I didn't expect anything better since the first cover art. Their intentions were clear to me since they uploaded a first trailer. This release was meant to be crappy and cheap and everything about it meets this standard.
In this situation, I would say that the cover art is good, because it perfectly defines the content of the box :)

It's really sad to watch people being f'd and still happy and grateful... :( I'm glad that I didn't spend more time on this idiotic campaign. 99% of Dragon Ball fans are hopeless, ignorant, arrogant, uneducated, passive, selfish and lazy people with a slave mentality and lack of taste. Trying to convince them is a pure time wasting. I decided to work on my own and I never expected that I will achieve THAT much. At this point, I don't need anything from FUNimation.

Final conclusion: If you can count - count on yourself!

(If you don't feel like hopeless, ignorant, arrogant, uneducated, passive, selfish and lazy person with a slave mentality and lack of taste, you probably belong to this 1% of people)

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:55 pm

Kojiro Sasaki wrote:It's really sad to watch people being f'd and still happy and grateful... :( I'm glad that I didn't spend more time on this idiotic campaign. 99% of Dragon Ball fans are hopeless, ignorant, arrogant, uneducated, passive, selfish and lazy people with a slave mentality and lack of taste. Trying to convince them is a pure time wasting. I decided to work on my own and I never expected that I will achieve THAT much. At this point, I don't need anything from FUNimation.

Final conclusion: If you can count - count on yourself!

(If you don't feel like hopeless, ignorant, arrogant, uneducated, passive, selfish and lazy person with a slave mentality and lack of taste, you probably belong to this 1% of people)
There's nothing wrong with people liking this release it's their choice after all, and being that we are in the widescreen era some of them prefer the image to fill up the entire screen instead of black bars on the sides, yeah sure you could say that they're being lazy but in the end what they want is Dragon Ball Z in 16x9 AR ready to pop in the disc and watch.

Fanboys that have elitist attitudes such as yours are among the worst because they think they're better than everyone else and that's just sad.

I personally don't care if we don't get a 4x3 AR of Dragon Ball Z on Blu-ray, I've got the Dragon Boxes Z and that's more than enough because to be honest, I don't really watch Dragon Ball that much nowadays but I still like collecting stuff of the DB franchise.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

thomas1up
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by thomas1up » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:21 pm

Kojiro Sasaki wrote:
sintzu wrote:Dbz is not only Funi's biggest franchise but anime's biggest so yes there will be more releases (...)
...looking like this:
Wait.. is that a legit screenshot? No way could FUNi fuck up that bad... right?
thomas1up are fuckin terrible and need to fuck off asap all the other noobs are decent thouhg
-Anon-Kun 2014 <3

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:24 pm

Don't worry. It's not. Kojiro Sasaki is prone to hyperbole. He probably grabbed that off youtube, looking at the jaggles.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:51 pm

Definitely fake. I don't have the screenshot on hand, but the Movie 2 remaster is one of the better looking ones FUNi did back in the day.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Kojiro Sasaki
Banned

Post by Kojiro Sasaki » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:50 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:There's nothing wrong with people liking this release (...)
I never said that there is something wrong with people liking this release.
dbboxkaifan wrote:(..) it's their choice after all, and being that we are in the widescreen era some of them prefer the image to fill up the entire screen instead of black bars on the sides (...)
I never commented people's choices.
dbboxkaifan wrote:Fanboys that have elitist attitudes such as yours are among the worst because they think they're better than everyone else and that's just sad.
- How the ignorance of people affects me?
- I have no access to a solid product.

- How me being better than anyone else affects people?
- It does not affect people at all.

So no - you're wrong. Elitist fanboys like me are not the worst. Their existence causes no damage at all. Seriously speaking, situation looks totally different than you think. When I joined Dragon Ball fanbase, I was always trying to be as polite as my lame English allowed me. I was always extremely calm (and stubborn, I know that 8)) in explaining my views and opinions and I never called people with names, even when I had serious reasons to do so. And what happened? Just by bringing up some technical details to discussion and my argumentation, I was automatically labeled as an arrogant, nitpicky and elitist asshole. The so-called ignorant can call the so-called elitist fanboy an elitist fanboy, but the so-called elitist fanboy cannot call the so-called ignorant an ignorant. Somehow, it's fully acceptable when it works that way.

Opinion I expressed in my previous post is not a simple hate or an effect of frustration. It's an honest opinion based on 2 years of conversations with various people. Their attitude made this kind of impression on me.
I never intended to insult people. When I joined this forum, I didn't know many technical details about series production. I wanted to discuss those things and I wanted to convince people to help me with my project. Even if I would be a selfish asshole, being rude would go against my interest here.
dbboxkaifan wrote:I personally don't care if we don't get a 4x3 AR of Dragon Ball Z on Blu-ray, I've got the Dragon Boxes Z and that's more than enough because to be honest, I don't really watch Dragon Ball that much nowadays but I still like collecting stuff of the DB franchise.
I would still like to see something similar to the Level sets, but generally I'm also happy with what I got and I'm even more happy with what I will receive in the future.
thomas1up wrote:Wait.. is that a legit screenshot? No way could FUNi fuck up that bad... right?
Metalwario64 wrote:Definitely fake. I don't have the screenshot on hand, but the Movie 2 remaster is one of the better looking ones FUNi did back in the day.

The guy said:
so yes there will be more releases (...)
and I added:
...looking like this:
This screenshot is my prediction how the new releases will look. It was prepared by me... Is it that hard to understand?... -_-
bkev wrote:Don't worry. It's not. Kojiro Sasaki is prone to hyperbole. He probably grabbed that off youtube, looking at the jaggles.
Somehow, you don't seem to be troubled with hyperboles in the opposite side...

By the way, what happened with all this tolerance, which is so popular these days? Some of you people are extremely defensive about other people's opinions and tastes. Why do you not allow me to have my own opinion? If there is nothing wrong with liking this release, why there is something wrong with hating it?

thomas1up
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by thomas1up » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:56 pm

Kojiro Sasaki wrote:
thomas1up wrote:Wait.. is that a legit screenshot? No way could FUNi fuck up that bad... right?
Metalwario64 wrote:Definitely fake. I don't have the screenshot on hand, but the Movie 2 remaster is one of the better looking ones FUNi did back in the day.

The guy said:
so yes there will be more releases (...)
and I added:
...looking like this:
This screenshot is my prediction how the new releases will look. It was prepared by me... Is it that hard to understand?... -_-
Using a fake image won't help your argument then, you're just showing an extreme, you could've posted a picture from thr orange bricks, plus the way you worded it didn't give me any reason to believe it was fake.
thomas1up are fuckin terrible and need to fuck off asap all the other noobs are decent thouhg
-Anon-Kun 2014 <3

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:03 pm

Kojiro Sasaki wrote: I never intended to insult people.
Kojiro Sasaki wrote: 99% of Dragon Ball fans are hopeless, ignorant, arrogant, uneducated, passive, selfish and lazy people with a slave mentality and lack of taste. Trying to convince them is a pure time wasting.
This is the problem people have with you. It has nothing to due with their supposed lack of tolerance. It's you saying that you are better than everyone else, and then getting offended and playing the victim when someone has the audacity to say otherwise.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Kojiro Sasaki
Banned

Post by Kojiro Sasaki » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:04 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Kojiro Sasaki wrote: I never intended to insult people.
Back in the days.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:This is the problem people have with you. It has nothing to due with their supposed lack of tolerance. It's you saying that you are better than everyone else, and then getting offended and playing the victim when someone has the audacity to say otherwise.
1. I didn't say anything like this when I was first called by names.
2. I never got offended. You can call me like you want. It does not matter to me. I only want a satisfying explanation why you do so (which is not necessary).
3. I never played anything (beside football, volleyball, cards, computer games etc.). My only purpose is trying to understand the reasons behind people's actions.
Kojiro Sasaki wrote: 99% of Dragon Ball fans are hopeless, ignorant, arrogant, uneducated, passive, selfish and lazy people with a slave mentality and lack of taste. Trying to convince them is a pure time wasting.
That's my opinion after ~1 year of trying to be nice and helpful. I didn't say 100%, because I met three GREAT people who helped me a lot (and I helped them) and It's more than enough to say that time here wasn't wasted.

Calm down people. I'm not as serious as it seems. It would be nice if somebody would like to explain why there is a strong tendency to accept ignorance, while ambition (or being really passionate about something) is hated and bashed, but it isn't necessary.
Everything works fine for me. It's like fishing. I'm throwing my extremist, nitpicky, fanatic, elitist or call-it-as-you-want views bait into Kanzenshuu pool by writing those posts and I even managed to catch some really nice fish by using this method :) There are people who understand my thinking. Veeeeeery few of them, but they exist.

After all this time I'm a kind of happy that my project didn't meet with as much interst as I expected. I wouldn't learn as much as I have learned if somebody would do this job instead of me. The only thing that's really sad is that all those lazy ignorants who bashed me will benefit from my hard work as I am now suffering from their ignorance...

I almost forgot: Please quote me saying that I'm better than anyone else (in a serious sentence, not sarcastic as the one in my previous post).

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:56 pm

Enough half-joking half-serious trolling shenanigans, please. Let's get back on-topic in whatever meaningful way is possible.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!