"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:25 pm

I'll be on after Attack on Titan. Later Bitches (TFS Vegeta voice)
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:29 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I managed to get the upper armor for Raditz! Now only 3 other peieces to go... :/
Gonna go buy a scouter now though.
Good luck..... I'm still looking myself. :|
I really only need the boots at this point. I can deal without having the gauntlets and the original female skirt, with the color altered, kinda works as a substitute for the lower portion. Makes my character's armor resemble Selypa's original concept art back when she was called Korn.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:37 pm

Yay! I finely got home a while ago and figured out how to do the kamehameha and other stuff haha :P I like this game alright. I may get it if I come up with a little extra money. I still get more enjoyment by just running around and doing goofy stuff with out players haha
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:10 pm

Server is back up. :thumbup:
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:12 pm

Minor issues with the game so far, which I will hopefully be able to submit as feedback once the beta is over.

1.) I dislike how transformations are handled. I know we don't have access to them yet, but we know enough about them from other sources.

2.) It's a bit tiring always having to start from the time machines in Toki-Toki City every time you finish doing anything involving a fight.

3.) Combat is fun, but to me, it often feels like it can take too long to get to your opponent. Whether you're running, flying or even dashing, it just feels like it takes a bit too much time to close the gaps. At the very least, I'd like them to speed up the running and dashing just a bit, and maybe make dashing towards your opponent a bit more accurate. Maybe take a bit of a hint from the Raging Blast series, because right now, even when you're aimed at the opponent with L3 and pressing the dash button, you aren't guaranteed to actually end up anywhere near your opponent, especially if they are way above or below you.

4.) This one is a graphical issue. When you have a Saiyain in armor with the waist pads, the pads only point at the ground when they are standing straight up. If the character bends their legs to get into a fighting position, the pads completely defy logic and bend with the legs...

5.) It's a bit disappointing that you can't customize the colors on all the outfits. For example, if we don't get a generic Saiyan armor outfit, we'll be stuck with the same colors for the characters from the series. Meaning everyone would have to have armor, like Raditz, Nappa or Vegeta (again just an example). And if you want to mix them together for a different armor set, the colors won't match.

6.) I know the network test beta has limited customization options compared to the full version (for example, we currently lack the ability to change heights or skin tones), so this may not be a real issue, but I hope the retail release allows us to alter a character's name and other traits like hair and eyes after they have been created without having to delete them and start over again.

7.) I don't know if this is just for the beta or not, but some of the items are a pain to collect (like the Raditz armor). Hopefully there is a solution to this in the full version. Like having the ability to get the Radtiz armor pieces early from a mission, or being able to buy the parts later on once you get to s certain level or make a certain amount of progress through the game. I really don't want to replay the same missions a hundred times attempting to get a Z rank and then have to depend on luck even after that.

Everything else is just server stuff. Hopefully they can iron out the issues and make everything run smooth so that we can actually see the players on the screen and all that. xD

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:33 pm

Damn I'm on a 20+ winning streak.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:39 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:Damn I'm on a 20+ winning streak.
Feels good don't it. I did a mass level up on wednesday so as soon as I started today, killed every opponent. Level is capped at 15 so, soon we'll all be on equal terms... until the beta is over that is.

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:05 am

Ahhhhh, It feels good to beat someone whose at a higher level than you. I'v pretty much got the Ultimate spam thing down. Use ultimates to get you down to a manageable level, then chip away with melee. Makankosappo if I feel like basting you at point blank, and Nappa's giant storm if I want you away from me. I always feel that the best time to use an ultimate is when exactly after you get out of that automated high-speed melee exchange. By the time they do end, I've already been holding both R2+L2 in anticipation. :twisted:
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:09 am

CashmanX wrote:Ahhhhh, It feels good to beat someone whose at a higher level than you. I'v pretty much got the Ultimate spam thing down. Use ultimates to get you down to a manageable level, then chip away with melee. Makankosappo if I feel like basting you at point blank, and Nappa's giant storm if I want you away from me. I always feel that the best time to use an ultimate is when exactly after you get out of that automated high-speed melee exchange. By the time they do end, I've already been holding both R2+L2 in anticipation. :twisted:
I just use Meteor Crash and Destructo-Disk back to back.... That shit is over powered :lol:.

SSuperVegito

Post by SSuperVegito » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:23 am

where are you guys?, my CaC name is SuperVegito and the id is same as my username, looking to fight some people with Vegeta (since my CaC is weak and i don't really want to level up since it's a few hours before closing xD).

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:51 am

I'm pretty sure in the full game we will be able to do our own pallets for the main character costumes. Take the mystery future warrior as he was called before cac was announced he wore trunks outfit but the tanktop was yellow instead of black
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:52 am

SSuperVegito wrote:where are you guys?, my CaC name is SuperVegito and the id is same as my username, looking to fight some people with Vegeta (since my CaC is weak and i don't really want to level up since it's a few hours before closing xD).
I would battle you but sadly I can't get back into the network test..... :|

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:53 am

Naruto6583 wrote:I'm pretty sure in the full game we will be able to do our own pallets for the main character costumes. Take the mystery future warrior as he was called before cac was announced he wore trunks outfit but the tanktop was yellow instead of black
Most likely but it might be just for a few...

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:59 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:
Naruto6583 wrote:I'm pretty sure in the full game we will be able to do our own pallets for the main character costumes. Take the mystery future warrior as he was called before cac was announced he wore trunks outfit but the tanktop was yellow instead of black
Most likely but it might be just for a few...
Well we never know but if we could what costume would it be for you as well as the color pallet?
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:00 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:I would battle you but sadly I can't get back into the network test..... :|
Multiplayer is down, but for those just wanting to grind levels or gear, the single player hub still works.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:08 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
SSJ God Gogeta wrote:I would battle you but sadly I can't get back into the network test..... :|
Multiplayer is down, but for those just wanting to grind levels or gear, the single player hub still works.
I cant play the game in general... :|

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:11 am

...still no Raditz armor. I got it the first beta test, right before I fell asleep. Oh well. I'm done, I enjoyed it while it lasted. My last couple 3 on 3s I was MVP lol!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:18 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:I cant play the game in general... :|
Maybe they're doing more maintenance or something for the multiplayer hub and you not being able to get into the single player is just an unlucky coincidence? I'm currently in the single player hub version and there are Namco Bandai players everywhere. Tons of "BNGXX", "BNGMXX", "BNPXX", "BNQ-AXX" names, with the XXs being numbers.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:59 am

Okay, I was able to create a character, can't connect to the game server though. :/
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Super Saiyajin Luffy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Saiyajin Luffy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:05 am

Who is currently online in Xenoverse right now?
DragonBall Xenoverse Fighting Mechanics breakdown
The DragonBall Xenoverse pre-release Q&A and general information post
Rukura about Sparking Omega wrote:I'm imagining people from Namco Bandai looking at these big sites talking about the announcement and them going "Wait....what?! Did we do that? Are we doing that? *turns to Spike* Are you people doing that?"
DB Xenoverse is not a DBZ simulator with fighting elements, it's a semi competent fighting/action game with DBZ simulation elements.