Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:15 pm

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:16 pm

Houston we have Goldilocks.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:18 pm

Huh... I honestly expected a BoG-style rage boost. But I'm not surprised, considering he recounted all the SSJ3s...
Last edited by TheOverlyMadHatter on Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:24 pm

It's like Dragon Ball Heroes.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:26 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
DBM already jump the shark during the whole fight with SSj3 Vegito vs. Broli.
So, DBM jumped the shark in the first 5 pages of the fan comic? Ok, then.
Hellspawn28 wrote:DBM takes forever for the plot to go anywhere. DBM did had some cool stuff that happen later like Buu going ape shit and absorbing everyone, and Vegito vs. XXI, but all of that should have happen like in 2010 or 2011. Not last year if you ask me. It been six years after DBM started and we are still not done with the plot. We get our time wasted with pointless filler and specials that are not even good to being with.
It takes forever because its done on the authors' free time and, as such, it takes a very long for a single chapter to be completed. There's no getting around that. In fact, DBM only has 941 pages so far, so, If this was a professional manga on a weekly manga magazine, where mangas have around 18 new pages every week, all that DBM released so far would have been done and released in just around 52 weeks or around 13 months.

And, specials exist so that the artist of the main comic has time to keep up with the schedule. If there weren't any specials, the releases would just be interrupted to give time to the main artist and no new material would be released. With specials, there's an interruption but they have specials during the interruption.

So, no, there's no time being wasted... All the time it takes is actually necessary.
Last edited by rereboy on Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:31 pm

I hope we see U18 Vegeta's reaction.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:38 pm

TheOverlyMadHatter wrote:
Huh... I honestly expected a BoG-style rage boost. But I'm not surprised, considering he recounted all the SSJ3s...
You mean a rage boost that somehow apparently makes him surpass SSJ3 Goku without becoming SSJ3, kind of like Gohan's rage boosts in Namek saga, even though Vegeta never had rage boosts like that? Can't say I'm a fan of that about BOG.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:42 pm

Can we not start another multi page debate?
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:51 pm

rereboy wrote:You mean a rage boost that somehow apparently makes him surpass SSJ3 Goku without becoming SSJ3, kind of like Gohan's rage boosts in Namek saga, even though Vegeta never had rage boosts like that? Can't say I'm a fan of that about BOG.
That's only a problem if you don't believe Vegeta is capable of developing the ability to get rage boosts, as BoG would imply he did. Which is only a problem if you headcanon is incredibly restrictive and not open to later expansions of characters' capabilities.

Much in the same way you can defend the strange choices regarding what characters are capable on the grounds that we may just have incredibly limited knowledge, the same can be applied to every instance of off-the-wall character abilities in BoG.

That said, regarding both instances, when it's such a huge shift in the readers'/watchers' perception of what was seen as possible, further elaboration is needed to prevent it from feeling sloppily executed. In Battle of Gods' case, that was sloppily executed (not a contradiction or plothole). Here, unless we get some elaboration on SSj3, I'll have to also chalk it up to sloppy execution (though still not a contradiction or plothole).
Last edited by Zephyr on Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:54 pm

Well he's achieved SSJ3. Only question is, now what? Will he one shot Cell Jr and kill Raichi? Will he succumb to his wounds? Will U18 Vegeta start to foam at the mouth? To be honest, I do want to see the last one.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:59 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Well he's achieved SSJ3. Only question is, now what? Will he one shot Cell Jr and kill Raichi? Will he succumb to his wounds? Will U18 Vegeta start to foam at the mouth? To be honest, I do want to see the last one.
He'll likely revel in the fact he attained it only for the Cell Jr. to nail him in the open wound.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:02 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Can we not start another multi page debate?
Would you prefer a topic with no discussion at all, just some replies, with nobody discussing things...?
Zephyr wrote:
That's only a problem if you don't believe Vegeta is capable of developing the ability to get rage boosts, as BoG would imply he did. Which is only a problem if you headcanon is incredibly restrictive and not open to later expansions of characters' capabilities.

Much in the same way you can defend the strange choices regarding what characters are capable on the grounds that we may just have incredibly limited knowledge, the same can be applied to every instance of off-the-wall character abilities in BoG.

That said, regarding both instances, when it's such a huge shift in the readers'/watchers' perception of what was seen as possible, further elaboration is needed to prevent it from feeling sloppily executed. In Battle of Gods' case, that was sloppily executed (not a contradiction or plothole). Here, unless we get some elaboration on SSj3, I'll have to also chalk it up to sloppy execution (though still not a contradiction or plothole).
The problem is that the only character to have rage boosts is Gohan and its explained why he gets rage boosts: he gets rage boosts because he has an enormous and untapped power inside him just beneath the surface that he can sometimes tap when he gets emotional.

And even Gohan doesn't develop rage boosts, they simply are a part of him from the start.

So, not only does Vegeta apparently develop rage boosts when no other character in the whole series, including himself, developed it before, no matter how emotional they got before, but also, to top it off, there's no explanation for why he has rage boosts, unlike Gohan's case where that is explained.

This is why I'm not really a fan of that.
Last edited by rereboy on Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:05 pm

rereboy wrote:
Would you prefer a topic with do discussion at all, just some replies, with nobody discussing things...?
If it means no pointless debates that go around in circles, absolutely.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:13 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
rereboy wrote:
Would you prefer a topic with do discussion at all, just some replies, with nobody discussing things...?
If it means no pointless debates that go around in circles, absolutely.
There's no pointless debate going around in circles right now... Will you ask that every time people start a discussion in this topic? Because that will just pressure people to not discuss things and that's not my idea of a forum...

I agree that endless and pointless discussions should end, but only when they start to become pointless and endless.
Last edited by rereboy on Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:17 pm

Well, at any rate...I do not like this development. At all. It feels way too contrived and unimaginative. And I can't see it being a state you can just "snap" into, considering how much effort you have to put into even maintaining the darn thing to begin with. So unless Vegeta either keels over from the strain the form should be taking on him, or only maintains it for an instance...yeah :problem: ...
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

AquaTeamV3

Post by AquaTeamV3 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:26 pm

Can't help but wonder if the blood loss will take him out before he gets a chance to do anything.

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:49 pm

Marco Polo wrote:I hope we see U18 Vegeta's reaction.
U18 Vegeta seemed to imply at the beginning of DBM that he has a trick up his sleeve so it might not bother him that much. As for this development, it is perfectly in line with Dragon Ball logic. No Super Saiyan transformation has been perfectly consistant. Its usually someone doing it for the first time through some special event and everyone else duplicating it however the hell they feel like it.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:50 pm

Enough has been said about SSJ3 and I'm on the "It's dumb side."...but Raichi better still win. I like how fallen foes join his ranks and how he uses team work between the ghosts. Vegeta better pass out or something or die so he becomes part of Raichi's ghost army.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:55 pm

I'm hoping that the SSJ3 only lasts for an instant, and then Cell KO's him.

So he loses but he gets SSJ3 as a consolation prize.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:19 pm

rereboy wrote: The problem is that the only character to have rage boosts is Gohan and its explained why he gets rage boosts: he gets rage boosts because he has an enormous and untapped power inside him just beneath the surface that he can sometimes tap when he gets emotional.

And even Gohan doesn't develop rage boosts, they simply are a part of him from the start.

So, not only does Vegeta apparently develop rage boosts when no other character in the whole series, including himself, developed it before, no matter how emotional they got before, but also, to top it off, there's no explanation for why he has rage boosts, unlike Gohan's case where that is explained.
This all just bears so many unverified (and in fact now falsified) assumptions though. The assumption (more of the interpretation, I guess) that they were referring to the ability to get a boost from rage at all, rather than the volume of the boost. The assumption that enormous and untapped power cannot be accumulated by the single most diligent and brutal self-trainer in the series. That rage boosts cannot be developed. That Vegeta is literally the exact same character in Battle of Gods that he was in the Buu arc.

The lack of explanation is what makes it sloppy, and I've already pointed that out. You don't have to like it though, and I won't try to convince you that you should.

Now Super Saiyan 3 in the series is already implied to be unnatural and exclusive to dead people and magical fusions. It makes no sense for a person who is neither to be able to access it, via a method that was never said to be the key to unlocking it (emotional upset). Because of this, a lot of people will not like it. Justifiably so, just as you are justified in not liking Vegeta's ability to achieve significant gains via rage in BoG. Yes, there are easy ways to explain it (we don't know what he went through, the implicit restrictions of the form being such rather than explicit leaves room for Vegeta to reach the form, etc), but there are for the BoG rage boost as well.

I guess my point is that whether Vegeta got a BoG rage boost here or SSj3, it's pretty much the same in terms of flipping our impressions of what was once thought possible and impossible in the series, and defending one over the other seems a tad silly. And that's about all my point is, there's no need for a huge debate since I'm likely to just be reiterating these points. Take it or leave it.