"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:22 pm

Super Saiyajin Luffy wrote:Also Time Patrol Trunks and Great Saiyaman outfit:
I would just like to reiterate this statement for some people, that this Saiyaman is just an outfit. The selection screen has the cursor on the custom character slot. lol
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:37 pm

Do I see 2 Yamchas there?

Dragon Ball Xenoverse was avaliable at Lisboa Games Week during the 6 trough 9, I got the chance to play it yesterday as well as to see the reactions of some people (as well as my friends). Overall ,people are excited for this game and it was pretty amusing seeing people lined up to play a DBZ game (and coming back to it later).
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Flopro18
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Flopro18 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:38 pm

It looks... interesting, I guess. I mean, it looks weird to mean without a cutscene; it looks like it takes no effort when it may take an episode or two for Goku to even charge it. And not substituting Spirit Bomb for Dragon Fist is also strange to me. I don't really know if I like that.

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:46 pm

Flopro18 wrote:It looks... interesting, I guess. I mean, it looks weird to mean without a cutscene; it looks like it takes no effort when it may take an episode or two for Goku to even charge it. And not substituting Spirit Bomb for Dragon Fist is also strange to me. I don't really know if I like that.
Probably Goku's SS,SS2 and SS3 all have the same fighting style and ultimates that can be changed in the options. Did you see how we can select our other CaC on the character select screen?
Dragon Ball Heroes God Mission = Best sets of missions so far

Super Saiyan 4 Gohan FTW!!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:57 pm

Quebaz wrote:Do I see 2 Yamchas there?
Might be Buu Arc Gohan, since he's in kid Gohan's column? Hard to tell. Pretty blurry, so I can't really see if he has a bang in the shadows or anything.
Flopro18 wrote:It looks... interesting, I guess. I mean, it looks weird to mean without a cutscene; it looks like it takes no effort when it may take an episode or two for Goku to even charge it. And not substituting Spirit Bomb for Dragon Fist is also strange to me. I don't really know if I like that.
Attacks and stuff don't work the same as in previous dimps games. You don't get access to all transformations with specifc equips, and attacks don't really seem to change under certain conditions either. There was data in the demo for a Dragon Fist Ultimate, so it would be a bit redundant if the Genki Dama spawned the dragon as well.

Anyway, the Genki Dama looks fine considering that all attacks are going to have minimal cutscenes in order to keep the flow of combat. Staying "true" to the series and incorporating the long charge times for some attacks or transformations aren't really what a game like this needs.

DonieZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DonieZ » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:39 pm

Wow, 50 pages more since the last time I was on here. So SS4/GT is confirmed, that's interesting, initially wasn't expecting that. I have to admit that my hype lost some since the beta. I can't say that XV is the 3D DB game that I wanted and dreamed of, but this is their vision I guess. Nevertheless looks like it might be the first DB game I enjoy for years.

Hoping a polished demo is released around christmas time.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:48 pm

Flopro18 wrote: not substituting Spirit Bomb for Dragon Fist is also strange to me. I don't really know if I like that.
On the same boat here. It just looks pretty odd to see SSJ3 Goku doing a Spirit Bomb, especially when he got all of this energy to do something else. Dimps didn't do it with their earlier games, so why are they holding back? Not saying this'll drag me away to get the game or anything, I just hope they fix it, cuz that's a bit fucked up.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:58 am

How is allowing Goku to use the Spirit Bomb while transformed "holding back"? I'm actually glad the Xenoverse allow this to happen, because the vast majority of them only let base Goku do it. As said before, Dragon Fist looks like it's going to be in as a separate attack.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:46 am

Super Saiyajin Luffy wrote:Someone can tell me, from which show this footage is?

Video is up but in bad quality..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paObmfnJF5A

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:45 am

Saiga wrote:How is allowing Goku to use the Spirit Bomb while transformed "holding back"?
Because, as I said again, Dimps never has done this before, and it doesn't make any sense. All of that power and yet he still raises his hands to the sky for some energy?
Saiga wrote: Dragon Fist looks like it's going to be in as a separate attack.
At least there's that, but base Goku doing it would look dumb as hell.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:25 am

Not like base Goku already did the Dragon Fist in GT or anything and looked perfect fine while doing it. :roll:

Anyway, I don't see why are you letting your preconceived notions about attacks or forms shape what you think should or shouldn't be done? It's a game, not the series. Not all of it needs to make logical sense.

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:34 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:It's a game, not the series. Not all of it needs to make logical sense.
Oh? I could say the same thing about all the what-if forms and non-cannon characters that most people here took the time to badmouth in Heroes. Again, this Spirit Bomb version won't stop me from liking it, I just think it looks dumb seeing SSJ3 Goku doing it.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:10 am

EXBadguy wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:It's a game, not the series. Not all of it needs to make logical sense.
Oh? I could say the same thing about all the what-if forms and non-cannon characters that most people here took the time to badmouth in Heroes. Again, this Spirit Bomb version won't stop me from liking it, I just think it looks dumb seeing SSJ3 Goku doing it.
canon*
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:06 pm

I could be wrong but didn't Budokai 3 or Infinite World have Goku use Spirit Bomb as a SSJ3?
If that's true, then what's the problem here?

Flopro18
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Flopro18 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:47 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:I could be wrong but didn't Budokai 3 or Infinite World have Goku use Spirit Bomb as a SSJ3?
If that's true, then what's the problem here?
The Spirit Bomb turned into Dragon Fist.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:11 pm

EXBadguy wrote:
And I often tell them the exact same thing in response to the what-if bashing. It's a game and it's not interfering with your "canon", so who cares if it makes 100% sense or not? Just enjoy the ride.

Shinnin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinnin » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:21 pm

The vine was from some V Jump event, and here's the full video for the XV part. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paObmfnJF5A

DonieZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DonieZ » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:51 pm

Meh, I think I overrated Dimps, this game isn't all that.

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:06 am

Anyone notice that you still take damage if you're attacked during the cutscene of charging the Spirit Bomb? You just don't flinch... I wonder if you could cancel your oppenent's ultimate, that would be cool.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:24 am

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:Anyone notice that you still take damage if you're attacked during the cutscene of charging the Spirit Bomb? You just don't flinch... I wonder if you could cancel your oppenent's ultimate, that would be cool.
Indeed
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars