How could Vegeta, without turning SSJ3, surpass Goku in BoG?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

hleV
Banned

Re: How could Vegeta, without turning SSJ3, surpass Goku in

Post by hleV » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:29 pm

↑ What are you even arguing about? Eternal Super Saiyan clearly points out BOG's indication that SS/SS2 Vegeta, whose weaker than Goku in the same form, became stronger than SS3 Goku due to a rage boost. This all being as a fanservice (which failed horribly) rather than following any kind of logic.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:06 pm

hleV wrote:↑ What are you even arguing about? Eternal Super Saiyan clearly points out BOG's indication that SS/SS2 Vegeta, whose weaker than Goku in the same form, became stronger than SS3 Goku due to a rage boost. This all being as a fanservice (which failed horribly) rather than following any kind of logic.
I'm sorry. But where in the movie does it ever state that SSJ2 Vegeta is weaker than SSJ2 Goku? All we have is them saying that Vegeta surpassed Goku. It is clear that Goku has the advantage in power when he has access to the SSJ3 form and Vegeta doesn't. So it's obvious Vegeta is weaker factoring Goku's maximum strength which would be the SSJ3 transformation. Despite Vegeta and Goku being on equal terms in the Boo arc Vegeta still considers Goku stronger than him because he has the SSJ3 transformation. After Vegeta found out about the SSJ3 form he never considered himself and Goku equals. So why would they suddenly change how they perceive the strongest? What would make them go from perceiving the strongest as the character in their strongest transformation to perceiving the strongest without including the transformations? For all we know Vegeta could be stronger than Goku in general but could not surpass his strength due to the SSJ3 form. And nothing in the movie contradicts this idea or opinion.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:05 pm

The problem is not Toriyama coming up with a creative but subtle way to advance power levels without going to shonen-extremes.

The problem is that we're the ones sitting here trying to explain how the previous system worked and how this new one is supposed to work.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:26 pm

Goku just wasn't angry while fighting Beerus the first time around. Frustrated but not angry. Vegeta was pretty pissed and Beerus looked pretty caught off guard.

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:57 pm

Hitiro wrote:
hleV wrote:↑ What are you even arguing about? Eternal Super Saiyan clearly points out BOG's indication that SS/SS2 Vegeta, whose weaker than Goku in the same form, became stronger than SS3 Goku due to a rage boost. This all being as a fanservice (which failed horribly) rather than following any kind of logic.
I'm sorry. But where in the movie does it ever state that SSJ2 Vegeta is weaker than SSJ2 Goku? All we have is them saying that Vegeta surpassed Goku. It is clear that Goku has the advantage in power when he has access to the SSJ3 form and Vegeta doesn't. So it's obvious Vegeta is weaker factoring Goku's maximum strength which would be the SSJ3 transformation. Despite Vegeta and Goku being on equal terms in the Boo arc Vegeta still considers Goku stronger than him because he has the SSJ3 transformation. After Vegeta found out about the SSJ3 form he never considered himself and Goku equals. So why would they suddenly change how they perceive the strongest? What would make them go from perceiving the strongest as the character in their strongest transformation to perceiving the strongest without including the transformations? For all we know Vegeta could be stronger than Goku in general but could not surpass his strength due to the SSJ3 form. And nothing in the movie contradicts this idea or opinion.
Uh, what the movie is suggesting is SSJ2 Vegeta is stronger than SSJ3 Goku, so no, Goku doesn't have advantage in power even with the SSJ3 form. Which is bullshit.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:39 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:As someone who gives no fucks about power levels
Same here, not to mention that trying to justify Vegeta's emotional reaction with power levels and transformations is missing the point of the whole scene...

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:37 pm

I just watched Battle of Gods again. Vegeta specifically tells Goku "In THAT MOMENT I surpassed you" (referring to when Bulma was hit).

Goku even joked before the credits, how he should ask Beerus to slap Bulma again and see how strong Vegeta gets. Sounds just like Gohan raging on Frieza to me.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:05 pm

I thought of it as Vegeta having SSJ3 power dormant inside him, and for a moment he was able to tap into that well of power even without being SSJ3.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell