Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

EmmaWinters

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by EmmaWinters » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:42 pm

Zelvin wrote:
FatNagger69 wrote:The one-year limitation only applies to large groups of people.
And the DB's are supposed to give 2 wishes now, but that was either retconned or just forgotten about in BoG.
They're supposed to get three wishes now, but you're right, Shenlong says that he will grant "any wish". This was a mistake.
Zelvin wrote:Rules can certainly change.
They have no reason to cripple the dragon's wishing power. Even if for some bizarre reason they added a one-year limitation that never existed, and then dropped the wishes back down to one, Freeza's men have no way of knowing this. If they made Freeza an artificial body, they did it independently; they have no way of knowing about any of these restrictions or lack thereof.
Zelvin wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
Zelvin wrote:and Dende made it so Shenron can revive the same person multiple times.
Hmm :eh:
This i don't recall.
It was in the stipulations when Dende was recreating the Dragon Balls for them. He said that by doing so he would have to limit the wishes to 2 instead of 3, as they first asked if they could have 3 wishes like Purunga.
It's actually very convoluted. We have three wishes now, but I believe two was the original intent. Batch revives now count as two wishes. I wrote about this awhile back.
FatNagger69 wrote:• When Dende recreated Shenlong just before the Cell Games, everyone wants three wishes. Dende says he can do that. No problem.
• Piccolo then asks if Dende can make it so that one wish could bring many people back to life.
• Dende says that he can adjust it to accommodate batch revives, but if he does that, they will only have two wishes, not three. Here's where it gets complicated.
• I checked the original Japanese on this. It is strongly implied that once created, the Dragon grants only two wishes. Even the scriptwriter for the anime assumes it's two wishes (In the manga, Shenlong never speaks until after reviving those killed by Cell). I believe two wishes was Toriyama's intention at this point.

So, Shenlong grants the two wishes (batch revive, remove the bombs), and fucks off. Fast forward to the Buu arc.

• When summoned, Shenlong states he will grant three wishes, not two. If you're like me, and the anime's scriptwriter, right now you're thinking "three wishes!? what the fuck!?". Anyway, three wishes now.

• Bulma wishes back everyone Vegeta killed that day. After the wish was made, Dende (who knew what the wish was going to be before it was made), claims there are still two wishes left. He would know, right? He made the damn things.

• Fast forward to when Majin Buu is about to level West City. Bulma's parents are going to be caught in the destruction. Goku says that they can use the two remaining wishes to A. Bring her parents back to life, and B. Restore the city as it was. Piccolo then contradicts what Dende says several chapters earlier and claims "nope, reviving all of those people means we only have one wish left."

Just to be absolutely certain Viz didn't mess this up, I checked the original Japanese for this panel:
いや ちがうぞ ひとつめの願いで多くの人間を 生きかえらせち まったから つきに かなえられる 願いは あとひとつだけだ

Which is basically:
"No we can't. After using the first wish to bring back all of those people, only one wish will remain."

So apparently, Shenlong can grant three wishes, but if you wish back multiple people, it will drop to two. It's up to you if you want to believe that this was always Toriyama's intention, but I think he fucked up and tried to fix it later.

So there you have it. Regardless of whether it was two or three wishes in the Cell arc, in the Buu arc, it's three wishes total, unless you wish back groups of people; then it's only two wishes, because batch revives count as two wishes, not one.
Edit: Formatting
Last edited by EmmaWinters on Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:53 pm

[quote="FatNagger69"}This was a mistake.[/quote]

So basically, reviving individuals is one wish apiece. Larger wishes (cities/worlds, multiple revivals) cost 2 wishes from Shenron. Which would say Purunga still one-ups Shenron, since one wish restored the Earth, 2nd wish restored the population and everything on it, and there was still a 3rd to restore Goku's energy with. It feels like Toriyama wanted to limit Shenron to two, and things got mixed up.
Mewzard wrote:But that's not true at all. They never made one wish in Battle of Gods. They asked about SSJ God, he found out about Beerus, told them, then ran with his giant tail between his tiny legs.
Technically they did make one wish. When Shenron he couldn't bring the Super Saiyan God to them, Goku then asked him to explain what it was and how to create one. Technically that counts as a wish.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:02 pm

Zelvin wrote: Technically they did make one wish. When Shenron he couldn't bring the Super Saiyan God to them, Goku then asked him to explain what it was and how to create one. Technically that counts as a wish.
Why? He didn't do the "your wish has been granted" thing, and his eyes didn't glow red. He gave off none of the signs of granting a wish.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:03 pm

The Freeza-message page on the website was updated/saved on their end today, but I don't see anything new. The New Years message had been there already.

This may just be info-starved navel-gazing, but how it was said at Jump Festa that Gokû won't go ssj; was that based on that line of dialogue Gokû says to Freeza about not needing to transform to beat him, or was this something stated outside of the dialogue as well?

Because if he just says that because he's confident, then gets his beaten in base, that wouldn't mean he wouldn't whip out ssj1 in a second round, would it? He used ssj1 after dropping out of ssjg the first time in BOG, and Toriyama said no to 2 and 3, but technically he hasn't banished ssj1 from Gokû (yet?).
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:06 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Zelvin wrote: Technically they did make one wish. When Shenron he couldn't bring the Super Saiyan God to them, Goku then asked him to explain what it was and how to create one. Technically that counts as a wish.
Why? He didn't do the "your wish has been granted" thing, and his eyes didn't glow red. He gave off none of the signs of granting a wish.
Shenlong says that he will grant "any wish", and then leaves after doing what was asked of him. That's enough for me.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:26 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:Anyone here the new rumor now that Vegito defeats Freeza.
Why? That rumor makes no sense since Goku only fused with Vegito in order to save Gohan and the others inside of Buu. He's only a plot device and there's no reason for Vegito to return.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

MajinAsura

Post by MajinAsura » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:37 pm

Chuquita wrote:The Freeza-message page on the website was updated/saved on their end today, but I don't see anything new. The New Years message had been there already.

This may just be info-starved navel-gazing, but how it was said at Jump Festa that Gokû won't go ssj; was that based on that line of dialogue Gokû says to Freeza about not needing to transform to beat him, or was this something stated outside of the dialogue as well?

Because if he just says that because he's confident, then gets his beaten in base, that wouldn't mean he wouldn't whip out ssj1 in a second round, would it? He used ssj1 after dropping out of ssjg the first time in BOG, and Toriyama said no to 2 and 3, but technically he hasn't banished ssj1 from Gokû (yet?).
They wouldn't take away ssj1. It's too iconic and ultimately useful.
My pet peeves:
People who spell Broly "Brolli"
People who call Beerus "Bills"
People who think that super Saiyan 4 Gogeta is coming back for Fukkatsu no F
People who think Broly can kill ssj3 Goku
People who hate Gohan in the Buu Saga
People who think Broly could kill FREAKIN' BEERUS

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:40 pm

MajinAsura wrote:
Chuquita wrote:The Freeza-message page on the website was updated/saved on their end today, but I don't see anything new. The New Years message had been there already.

That's what I'm thinking, now that I've seen the source dialogue itself.

Also there's still that original ssj1 Gokû teaser image being used on the dragonball2015 site itself. He's on the introduction page: http://dragonball2015.com/intro/
I think the "no ssj at all for Gokû" may have been a misunderstanding.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:49 pm

SSJ1 is more likely to appear than SSJG.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:08 pm

Chuquita wrote:
MajinAsura wrote:

Also there's still that original ssj1 Gokû teaser image being used on the dragonball2015 site itself. He's on the introduction page: http://dragonball2015.com/intro/
I think the "no ssj at all for Gokû" may have been a misunderstanding.
Not to mention the clip from the first teaser with him powering up into one. Either that scene isn't related anymore or Goku just doesnt use SSJ after he gets his new Dogi.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:12 pm

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:Not to mention the clip from the first teaser with him powering up into one. Either that scene isn't related anymore or Goku just doesnt use SSJ after he gets his new Dogi.
That first teaser though probably has no actual story merit to speak of, just like the first one we got for Battle of Gods.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:13 pm

Don't like SSJ going away when it's the legend that struck fear into Freeza's soul. It would be more satisfying IMO if Freeza did beat or fought the one thing that has always scared him. The fear of the Super Saiyan is what lead him to destroying the saiyans in the first place. So to not have SSJ Goku fight just irks me. I understand why, but I was really looking forward to the rematch.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:50 am

Chuquita wrote:That's what I'm thinking, now that I've seen the source dialogue itself. ... I think the "no ssj at all for Gokû" may have been a misunderstanding.
If that exchange is where the rumor came from, then I agree, that's not really enough to say that his Super Saiyan form isn't in the movie at all.

DragonbaIlZ

Post by DragonbaIlZ » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:57 am

I bet Freeza or someone will have some sort of flashback of Goku as a SSJ. That counts, right? :wink:

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:58 am

Reading about Tagoma and Sorbet transplanting Freeza's Soul into a new body..

How about, they find Freeza's Reincarnation, he has been reincarnated as a good person, however once they find him, they turn him back into an evil mastermind, THEN they use the dragon balls to transplant his soul into his new body.

This would also tells us as to why Goku knew that buu would reincarnate.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:44 am

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:
Low Tone G wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:I think Freeza most likely trains after he got wish back to life. He heads back to his Planet and starts training for a whole year to catch up with Goku and the others. Tagoma and Sorbet most likely brought Freeza back to life when no one was around to notice.
I would like it to be this way. Even if Freeza is mutant and he can increase his strenth way better than any other life-form in the universe, not even then I would accept to catch up with Goku traning several days only. 2-3 years with his amazing potential would be plausible.
I'm guessing Freeza gets the God power and trains with it so his body can catch up; and through that training the God power gives him a new transformation to support the boost: as cooler did finding his giant form. Most likely Freeza's Final form is on par with Post-Buu Goku(Base), they fight a wild battle akin to their first fight then his God form outclasses him & Beerus incredibly when he transforms. At least thats what I hope.
Didn't Beerus say that Goku wouldn't be able to beat Freeza in his base form in BoG?
Chuquita wrote:
Sorry, but what was the source dialogue?

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:50 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Why? That rumor makes no sense since Goku only fused with Vegito in order to save Gohan and the others inside of Buu. He's only a plot device and there's no reason for Vegito to return.
Vegito is very, VERY popular with fans.. so not a surprise to see this rumor.

He was even mentioned in BoG.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:17 am

JamesOwnz wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:
Vegito is very, VERY popular with fans.. so not a surprise to see this rumor.

He was even mentioned in BoG.
Not exactly. In the extended edition, Goku momentarily ponders fusion with Vegeta, but he may have been referring to the Fusion dance method for all we know.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:50 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Didn't Beerus say that Goku wouldn't be able to beat Freeza in his base form in BoG?
Yeah, but the Base Goku in this film is the not same Beerus had been talking about. That Base Goke was normal Goku without any God power, but this Goku is a God Goku with God power absorbed and used in his Base form. So technically this Goku is of the same strength(or not even stronger due to training with Whis) like SSJ God Goku from BOG. In that way Freeza is way way way waaaay below him.
Blade wrote:Not exactly. In the extended edition, Goku momentarily ponders fusion with Vegeta, but he may have been referring to the Fusion dance method for all we know.
Then Vegetto was also useless because he would have been too weak for Beerus, but now a God fusion of Goku and Vegeta would be useful. A God Vegetto is useful now if Vegeta will become God too.
Last edited by Low Tone G on Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:46 am

Low Tone G wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Didn't Beerus say that Goku wouldn't be able to beat Freeza in his base form in BoG?
Yeah, but the Base Goku in this film is the the same Beerus had been talking about. That Base Goke was normal Goku without any God power, but this Goku is a God Goku with God power absorbed and used in his Base form. So technically this Goku is of the same strength(or not even stronger due to training with Whis) like SSJ God Goku from BOG. In that way Freeza is way way way waaaay below him.
SingleFringe&Sparks said post Buu Goku, not post BoG Goku.