DBZ portion of Manga to be in full color?!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Re: DBZ portion of Manga to be in full color?!

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:37 pm

Huh, why keep cancelled series on an ongoing print if there aren't any new volumes? :|
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

jrdemr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jrdemr » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:41 pm

Beats me, but they keep assuring people they won't let those series get out of print.

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:42 pm

Hope we get the freeza portion soon.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:53 pm

They better be playing hush hush till this summer then release the Namek arc. I dont care if its gonna be a yearly release as long as we get the damn things.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:42 am

Their Dr. Slump are basically out of print, aren't they?
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

jrdemr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jrdemr » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:12 am

Nope, some of them (volumes 5, 9 and 11) were out of print for quite a while, but they've since been reprinted. Wish I knew that before I had to buy them used.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:11 pm

Since this thread is already pretty much about colors, I might as well ask my question here rather than open a new thread for a question that may be quickly answered.

Do we know why the bicolors pages had the red and the (dark) yellow chosen as the two colors to keep?
Was it because they were the easiest ink colors to get for Jump somehow?
Was it because it makes a visually striking combination?
Was it because those colors are deemed the best possible choice to fit a lot of elements regardless of the story (skin, fire...) with grey deemed better to mimic blue/green?

Jabberwock xeno
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Jabberwock xeno » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:23 am

Just got my hands on this.

These are absolutely gorgeous. The color palette is just astounding, the detail is great, it's just so good. I will be very, very, very saddened if the rest of the series isn't released like this here. I very well may have to end up importing it or obtain it by other means.The only flaw I see is that for some reasons some of the ki attacks are the wrong colors, but that could just be because that's how the anime had it (i'm pretty certain Kamehameha's are actually supposed to be blue, though)

Is there some email address for viz customer feedback or something so that we can let them know that we really want the rest of these released?

And what about the digital versions? I know these were released digitally, does viz offer the rest of the series in color digitally, or like print, does it only go up to the end of the saiyan saga? I also asked a while ago if anybody knows what the native resolution of the digital manga is, but I have yet to get an answer.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:14 am

Jabberwock xeno wrote:Just got my hands on this.

These are absolutely gorgeous. The color palette is just astounding, the detail is great, it's just so good. I will be very, very, very saddened if the rest of the series isn't released like this here. I very well may have to end up importing it or obtain it by other means.The only flaw I see is that for some reasons some of the ki attacks are the wrong colors, but that could just be because that's how the anime had it (i'm pretty certain Kamehameha's are actually supposed to be blue, though)

Is there some email address for viz customer feedback or something so that we can let them know that we really want the rest of these released?

And what about the digital versions? I know these were released digitally, does viz offer the rest of the series in color digitally, or like print, does it only go up to the end of the saiyan saga? I also asked a while ago if anybody knows what the native resolution of the digital manga is, but I have yet to get an answer.
The Kamehameha is blue in the anime. Even in the original manga run, color pages with the Kamehameha was a whitish yellow color. It was blue in the anime and thats it.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Jabberwock xeno
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Jabberwock xeno » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:18 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Jabberwock xeno wrote:Just got my hands on this.

The Kamehameha is blue in the anime. Even in the original manga run, color pages with the Kamehameha was a whitish yellow color. It was blue in the anime and thats it.
Ah, okay. I figured that might be the case, but I wasn't sure.