Could Viz release the JSAT special adaptation and EoB?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Could Viz release the JSAT special adaptation and EoB?

Post by Rukura » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:46 pm

While re-re-re-releasing the Dragon Ball manga, Viz has now released Jaco, while pimping it as being by Toriyama and related to Dragon Ball. So...why haven't they released other Dragon Ball-related works?

While I can see how they might not feel like there's not much of a market to release the ones from the movies...the Jump Super Anime Tour special never got released outside of Japan, so why not take that chance to license its manga adaptation? And while Episode of Bardock did get bundled with the Kinect game, why not also release the manga that animated special is based on?

I can definitely see a case for the arguement of them not being able to advertise it as new Dragon Ball manga by Toriyama, like with Jaco, but it's still "new" Dragon Ball manga.

Is there any actual reason why they haven't/can't? Or are they just arbitrarily not doing that?
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0