Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:58 pm

ultimateemail5000 wrote:Super Saiyan Freeza. I like it.

Is it just me or are the Japanese using the metal music like Funimation used to do (of course Funi's was shit in comparison) for their Eng dub?

And Vegeta looks like he's gonna beat some ass.
It's a fan song that Toriyama heard and asked to be used in the film.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:58 pm

It's not impossible that Goten and Trunks are kept a secret for now, or that they will only have a cameo at the beginning or end.

Well, it's not ENTIRELY impossible that Goten and Trunks are tossed aside with a quick line like "we put them to safety" too, especially considering Freezer's grudge against Trunks as some of you said.
We can do without them for one movie, can't we? 8)
They've been getting LOTS of screen time on TV on Kai for months, maybe they should not have any more screen time in cinemas. :P

If Son Goten and Trunks are there, fine, I'm curious to see their new look/clothes (if any), but if they are totally absent from this major release, it's totally fine too, no big deal.

fogdark
Beyond Newbie

Post by fogdark » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:59 pm

ScholarGohan wrote:Image

i love it
Ah, this shot. Although I wasn't liking my train of thought, from what I had seen until now, it seemed like Goku would get trashed by Freeza in his new form, and Vegeta would actually defeat him. But when this shot happens, both Freeza (in his new form) and Goku have taken quite a bit of damage from their fight. I really don't see Vegeta defeating Freeza after he has being weakened by his fight with Goku. So I'm pretty confused.
I'm still doubting Goku will simply defeat Freeza, but now I'm also not sure Vegeta will be the one to do it. I think, like with Battle of Gods, we might have a surprising end...
Yes, Goku visited me once. He turned to me while I was still speechless, and said, "You've drank too much"...

My Teepublic Store
My Redbubble Store

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:03 pm

I think I like Freeza's new form...

Anyway, I'm now 100% sure that Freeza is gonna be defeated by Vegeta.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:03 pm

Ho ho, I just saw the new commercial with Freezer's choregraphy with his army for the new drink, it was so unexpected that it got a big smile on my face! :lol:
That guy really has multiple unexpected twists to him, huh? :)

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:04 pm

I am glad they made Vegeta's hair right. It was horrendous in Battle of Gods. The back part near the neck, I mean.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:05 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Anyway, I'm now 100% sure that Freeza is gonna be defeated by Vegeta.
I think so too. He's the only one not beaten to a pulp. Well him and the humans, but only Vegeta has actual relevant power. Lest Jaco's super bomb beats Freeza.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

SonsOfUlron21
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonsOfUlron21 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:07 pm

I bet vegeta just arrived at the battlefield late like he always do.

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:08 pm

Cold Skin wrote:It's not impossible that Goten and Trunks are kept a secret for now, or that they will only have a cameo at the beginning or end.

Well, it's not ENTIRELY impossible that Goten and Trunks are tossed aside with a quick line like "we put them to safety" too, especially considering Freezer's grudge against Trunks as some of you said.
We can do without them for one movie, can't we? 8)
They've been getting LOTS of screen time on TV on Kai for months, maybe they should not have any more screen time in cinemas. :P

If Son Goten and Trunks are there, fine, I'm curious to see their new look/clothes (if any), but if they are totally absent from this major release, it's totally fine too, no big deal.
Wow i didn't even think about how even thought he's just a kid he is still trunks who technically cut frieza up and i bet Frieza would love to kill him for that. I wonder if they meet.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:09 pm

The story seemingly begins with Gokuu and Vegeta training with Whis, so I bet Gokuu just returns before Vegeta.
She/Her
bisexual milf

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:12 pm

Crazy, not serious at all theory time.

Goku fights Freeza and fails. Vegeta steps up and reveals he has the same power Goku has. Freeza, tired from his battle, destroys the Earth before he can be defeated. He revels in the glory amidst the planet's debris. Beerus and Whis arrive, and Freeza is deemed too dangerous to roam the universe now. They offer him the option to either perish as the hands of the Hakaishin or leave their universe. Freeza, questions Beerus' superiority now that he's grown so strong, but knows he is still too injured to challenge him at the moment, and so he accepts banishment...planning to return once he's healed with a whole army of potential recruits from wherever they send him.

Que the wait for the third movie: "Universe F: The Return of Freeza". =P
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

SonsOfUlron21
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonsOfUlron21 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:13 pm

JulieYBM wrote:The story seemingly begins with Gokuu and Vegeta training with Whis, so I bet Gokuu just returns before Vegeta.

That's what I said above.

Vegeta doesn't have instant transmission does he.

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:13 pm

I'm still kinda sad because Goku and Vegeta are now Mystic and Gohan is a common SSJ :(

Also no Yamcha nor 18 fighting with the Z-Senshi

Where is Goten and Trunks, did Toriyama forget they?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:14 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Crazy, not serious at all theory time.

Goku fights Freeza and fails. Vegeta steps up and reveals he has the same power Goku has. Freeza, tired from his battle, destroys the Earth before he can be defeated. He revels in the glory amidst the planet's debris. Beerus and Whis arrive, and Freeza is deemed too dangerous to roam the universe now. They offer him the option to either perish as the hands of the Hakaishin or leave their universe. Freeza, questions Beerus' superiority now that he's grown so strong, but knows he is still too injured to challenge him at the moment, and so he accepts banishment...planning to return once he's healed with a whole army of potential recruits from wherever they send him.

I'm behind this 100% :thumbup:

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:15 pm

Thank you. I was right about the trilogy, then.

EDIT: Now I read the first line... Lol.
Last edited by Dyno on Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:15 pm

GT is a masterpiece compared to those new movies

:lol: No.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:17 pm

Doubt Beerus cares about earth and it's in habitants, that would be out of character for a God of destruction that likes battles.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:17 pm

Are we even sure that planet being blown up is Earth?

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:18 pm

Bullza wrote:
GT is a masterpiece compared to those new movies

:lol: No.
GT was atleast closer to the Manga than the movies Mr Satan shining time lol.
Last edited by Friezacooler on Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:18 pm

Retan wrote:Are we even sure that planet being blown up is Earth?
As sure as we are that shot will even be in the film and isn't just for the trailer.
She/Her
bisexual milf