Would you mind if Toriyama ditches the Final Chapter & Uub

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Would you mind if Toriyama ditches the Final Chapter & U

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:52 pm

sintzu wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Big Momma wrote:I wish they'd just make a movie about Uub's training with Goku.
Then follow it up with a movie about Oob leading the new generation of fighters into becoming Earth's new heroes.
That's one way to kill the franchise.
More like that's one way to keep it fresh.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:13 pm

I got the solution to the "Goku´s powerlevel in DB manga ending is not fitting with his concurent powerlevel of BoG/FnF":
by the end of FnF (or any movie/event that will come before the last chapter(manga)) Goku is nerf by either he rejecting the "God" powers he got from BoG (for "X" reason, which i can see Goku actually doing it) or some MacGuffin that will allow us to return to the status quo(powerlevel-wise) of Dragonball manga ending.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:58 pm

There's no need for retcons. Goku can leave to find "next big warrior" at the end of ROF, then EOZ happens and then the training is finished at the start of 3rd movie. Uub defends Earth, rest of heroes can go to space, or focus on training under Beerus or whatever. ANd we can move on forward while keeping EOZ in the story, what's the point of retconning it?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:58 pm

rereboy wrote:
Dayspring wrote: You're assuming training is needed to unlock Kid Buu's potential when the implication in the manga is that reincarnation should make Uub stronger by default.
There's no such implication at all.

Goku is excited because Kid Buu was very strong and probably had a lot of potential. Thus, Uub should be that way too and Goku likes that. But there's no reason for him to be massively stronger than Kid Buu at that tournament with no training.
Goku doesn't know what his training is or isn't, he just discovers that there was none by fighting him. All his claims are made leading up to that fight. He's assuming that Uub is at the tournament because he's a fighter, so he's expecting the same thing as when Piccolo reincarnated to occur, meaning the reincarnation (Uub) would be stronger than the previous incarnation (Kid Buu).

How much stronger isn't relevant because we have no concept of what Uub's potential would be other than that it should be much higher than Kid Buu's potential.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:01 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:More like that's one way to keep it fresh.
Dbz is a worldwide franchise and I assure you that 95% of the fan base won't want Uub movies.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:06 pm

shinmaru wrote:Would you mind if Toriyama ditches the final Chapter & UUB to continue DBZ? I wouldn't mind because it doesn't fit with BOG & ROF already. There is too much happening for the final chapter to make sense. And UUB isn't that interesting I wouldn't care if they sacrifice him for new DBZ and make him a part of a alternative universe, GT universe.
Are you serious? How BoG and FnF contradicts the final chapter?

Oh, I get now... Because of the huge power boost of both Goku and Vegeta
Rocketman wrote:
shinmaru wrote: I wouldn't mind because it doesn't fit with BOG & ROF already.
Thankfully, this just confirms that the terrible new movies are side-stories.

You don't know how happy I am about that
Last edited by Kakarot9001 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:10 pm

sintzu wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:More like that's one way to keep it fresh.
Dbz is a worldwide franchise and I assure you that 95% of the fan base won't want Uub movies.
I can almost certainly assure you that 95% of the fanbase wouldn't care.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:31 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:I can almost certainly assure you that 95% of the fanbase wouldn't care.
If you mean they wouldn't care about seeing the movie then you're right.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:36 pm

sintzu wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I can almost certainly assure you that 95% of the fanbase wouldn't care.
If there were no major riots over the JSAT, GT, A Hero's Legacy, Minus, Episode of Bardock, Heroes, or Plot to Eradicate the Super Saiyans I fail to see why the fanbase would abandon the franchise in droves over the possibility of something being focused on Uub.

I mean, even Evolution failed to kill the franchise.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:38 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
If there were no major riots over the JSAT, GT, A Hero's Legacy, Minus, Episode of Bardock, Heroes, or Plot to Eradicate the Super Saiyans I fail to see why the fanbase would abandon the franchise in droves over the possibility of something being focused on Uub.

I mean, even Evolution failed to kill the franchise.
Why it shouldn't? Toriyama would be contradicting his own manga for god's sake

we could call these new series fillers or just a side-story like GT :)

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:39 pm

Kakarot9001 wrote: Why it shouldn't? Toriyama would be contradicting his own manga for god's sake

I don't understand what you are trying to say.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:41 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote: If there were no major riots over the JSAT, GT, A Hero's Legacy, Minus, Episode of Bardock, Heroes, or Plot to Eradicate the Super Saiyans I fail to see why the fanbase would abandon the franchise in droves over the possibility of something being focused on Uub.
Heroes is only in Japan and is a game while minus is a small manga side story so I don't see why you brought them up.

Everything else you mentioned are small OVA'S/TV specials which can't be compared to movies that are released worldwide and are expected to make millions of $$$.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:44 pm

Unless Toriyama makes Uub the star (or co-star) of a movie or story arc, he is doomed to have the same role as his GT counterpart or modern day Gohan. Albeit, with jokes added to the mix.

The question is whether or not Toriyama has the motivation to invest any time in a character he dumped into the series at the very last minute. As it stands, he doesn't even like the thought of making anything set at that point in the story because of aged characters, indicating Uub is not enough for him to want to.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:45 pm

sintzu wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote: If there were no major riots over the JSAT, GT, A Hero's Legacy, Minus, Episode of Bardock, Heroes, or Plot to Eradicate the Super Saiyans I fail to see why the fanbase would abandon the franchise in droves over the possibility of something being focused on Uub.
Heroes is only in Japan and is a game while minus is a small side story so I don't see why you brought them up.

Everything else you mentioned are small OVA'S/TV specials which can't be compared to movies that are released worldwide and are expected to make millions of $$$.
I like how you cut out the part about Evolution, which was a movie that was released worldwide, and is generally considered to be one of the worst things to come out of Dragon Ball, and yet it didn't kill the franchise. GT was an entire series that is panned by many, and it didn't kill the franchise. Bio-Broly didn't kill the franchise.

An Uub movie isn't going to drive anyone away. The "Dragon Ball" name is enough to get people to see it at this point.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:46 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Kakarot9001 wrote: Why it shouldn't? Toriyama would be contradicting his own manga for god's sake

If Toriyama think about making a new animated series ignoring Uub he would be contradicting his own manga just like GT was

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:47 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Unless Toriyama makes Uub the star (or co-star) of a movie or story arc, he is doomed to have the same role as his GT counterpart or modern day Gohan.
Keeping both of them on the side is the best thing he can do.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:48 pm

Kakarot9001 wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:

If Toriyama think about making a new animated series ignoring Uub he would be contradicting his own manga just like GT was
I wasn't talking about an animated series ignoring Uub? Did you actually read my posts?
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:48 pm

Kakarot9001 wrote:Why it shouldn't? Toriyama would be contradicting his own manga for god's sake
Toriyama contradicted his own manga in his own manga.

Red Ribbon Army arc confirmed for side story.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:50 pm

Zephyr wrote:
Kakarot9001 wrote:Why it shouldn't? Toriyama would be contradicting his own manga for god's sake

Where does the whole "Side-Stoy=NoT CanNon" idea come from anyway? Do people not know what a side-story is?
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:53 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:I wasn't talking about an animated series ignoring Uub? Did you actually read my posts?
You don't? Oh... Sorry for that then.
Zephyr wrote:

Is that supposed to be a joke? Because if it is, I'm not laughing