Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:54 pm

Goten and Trunks are even bigger slackers than Gohan was. They're probably weaker than they were in the Buu Arc, so I can see why they would be kept out of this fight.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:54 pm

Big Momma wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
Bullza wrote:What's with the random "Your standing in poop" line?

Was that supposed to be funny or something?
Why is there poop?

Who shitted? Beerus?
He is a cat.
I have etiquette, dammit. :x I use an actual toilet.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:55 pm

bleed0range wrote:Is the exchange about Goten and Trunks translated correctly? Because I'm seeing variations of it.
The initial translation we got of the line was by Kei17. I can't imagine he'd get it wrong given his fluency in English and familiarity with the series.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:56 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Goten and Trunks are even bigger slackers than Gohan was. They're probably weaker than they were in the Buu Arc, so I can see why they would be kept out of this fight.
And yet as slackers they'd still be far more useful than Krillin, Tenshinhan, and Roshi combined.

Can honestly no one admit that even if they feel having them not show is fine, that the reason for them not showing up could be better. I already gave them a better task they could do to cut screen time.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:57 pm

bleed0range wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:How can Gotenks do more damage than good? Killing bad guys. Simple.
When have they actually ever done that? Who did they kill? When have they ever been useful?
I wouldn't go so far as to call them useless, but they've definitely shown their recklessness before, even unfused. Which is the reason Bulma had them stay back, I'm guessing.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:58 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Goten and Trunks are even bigger slackers than Gohan was. They're probably weaker than they were in the Buu Arc, so I can see why they would be kept out of this fight.
Umm...They have the fusion dance you know.
When have they actually ever done that? Who did they kill? When have they ever been useful?
They was in one arc that had ONE bad guy. Who was they supposed to kill?
Last edited by TheGmGoken on Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:58 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
And yet as slackers they'd still be far more useful than Krillin, Tenshinhan, and Roshi combined.
Tenshinhan and Roshi showed up on their own. They don't have a mother to make the decision for them.

As for Krillin, I'm sure Android 18 will protect him just fine.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:58 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
bleed0range wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:When have they done anything so bad like that? I could point out Gotenks' recklessness, but Goten and Trunks aren't so bad. Besides they'll cost more lives not helping, rather than actually doing something. They could even cost their own friends and families lives by not helping them keep the pressure off them.
I can't actually think of an instance where the two of them separately or as Gotenks ever did anything actually helpful to the situation. When Piccolo had to train them to do the fusion they were incredibly difficult and didn't take anything seriously... this was only multiplied by the fusion. Whenever they fight anyone they just play around and don't take the fight seriously. They only manage to waste time and only manage to not die BECAUSE of their strength. If they weren't so overpowered they'd have killed themselves a few times over.

So really, what have they ever done that didn't prove they're a bunch of irresponsible kids? They manage to not even be able to defeat Abo and Cado without Goku/Vegeta intervening. Despite their power they are not very useful... Goku was incorrect in placing so much on them in the Buu arc. At least Gohan was able to take thing seriously. Goten can get distracted by his own shadow and Trunks is too cocky.
How is Gotenks, Goten, or Trunks supposed to fuck up at beating a bunch of peons that Krillin, Roshi, and Tenshinhan can defeat? All they need to do is fight a bunch of mooks and they're done. They did that in Fusion Reborn. They dicked around there too, but hey were kids. Also if they weren't there, then the city would be in even worse shape.

They could have defeated Abo and Cado no problem. Vegeta and Goku decided to intervene when they didn't need to as they both really wanted to fight. They showed this at the beginning of the movie. Gotenks could have handled Aka's best moves and stopped him. In the end Goku/Vegeta fanservice won out.
If we are following Toriyama's writing and not the old TOEI movies, I don't recall them ever actually doing anything against any bad guys. They just goofed around too much. Actually the reason Goku/Vegeta stepped in was because Gotenks let it go too far and Aka was about to destroy the planet and they stepped in because they didn't think Gotenks would be able to stop him in time... they had to because at that moment the fight got too serious for them.

They could have defeated Buu or Aka or whatever... but nope, they never seem to be able to actually do anything. They needed training just to remember to use their Ki sensing abilities.

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:59 pm

It would pretty fun if we had the chance to see SSJ3 Gotenks using his Continuous DIE DIE Missile to entirely vaporize all Freeza goons

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:00 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I have etiquette, dammit. :x I use an actual toilet.
If it wasn't you then it must have been Goku. :sick:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:00 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Tenshinhan and Roshi showed up on their own. They don't have a mother to make the decision for them.

As for Krillin, I'm sure Android 18 will protect him just fine.
And they'd be more useful then all of them combined. Apparently it's ok in the Boo saga and fusion reborn movie for them to do something, but here it's not. Meh more humans might die, and our heroes will seemingly get overwhelmed by the mooks, but at least Goten and Trunks aren't doing anything stupid. That's all that matters.
bleed0range wrote:If we are following Toriyama's writing and not the old TOEI movies, I don't recall them ever actually doing anything against any bad guys. They just goofed around too much. Actually the reason Goku/Vegeta stepped in was because Gotenks let it go too far and Aka was about to destroy the planet and they stepped in because they didn't think Gotenks would be able to stop him in time... they had to because at that moment the fight got too serious for them.

They could have defeated Buu or Aka or whatever... but nope, they never seem to be able to actually do anything. They needed training just to remember to use their Ki sensing abilities.
Not counting that is an excuse just to support a bad decision without sound logic. They have been shown to do just fine handling mooks. Also if Goku and Vegeta just jumped in to save the earth, why is Goku all "LOOK OVER THERE *ZIP*". Goku and Vegeta took an opportunity to barge into the fight. Gotenks could have easily deflected the blast no problem. If it was all about fixing a Gotenks fuck up, Goku wouldn't purposely hog Aka to himself.

Boo is overly resilient and very hard to kill. Aka was kill sniped by Goku because he wanted to fight real bad, just like Vegeta. We saw this when they both argued as they wanted to fight real bad.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:01 pm

Big Momma wrote:
bleed0range wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:How can Gotenks do more damage than good? Killing bad guys. Simple.
I wouldn't go so far as to call them useless, but they've definitely shown their recklessness before, even unfused. Which is the reason Bulma had them stay back, I'm guessing.
Just like with Aka in the Yo! Son Goku special, it's shown that despite the fact that they have the power to defeat super strong beings... they are still children, inexperienced fighters, etc. Aka was a pretty stupid enemy without much intelligence and Goku/Vegeta only stepped in when the consequences were planetary destruction. If they let Gotenks continue to fight they all may have been blown away.

Against Freeza... a very intelligent enemy really... there would be no chance if they were careless. The earth would be destroyed. May still happen anyway but hey the characters wouldn't konw that going into the fight haha.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:01 pm

Goten and Trunks scenes in Fusion Reborn were by far the worst scenes of that movie (and some of the worst from the movies in general) so maybe they know better this time around which is why they cut them out :clap:

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:02 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
And they'd be more useful then all of them combined. Apparently it's ok in the Boo saga and fusion reborn movie for them to do something, but here it's not. Meh more humans might die, and our heroes will seemingly get overwhelmed by the mooks, but at least Goten and Trunks aren't doing anything stupid. That's all that matters.
Goku made the (wrong) decision to put the fate of the world in their hands. Bulma (and probably Chi-Chi) made the opposite decision here.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:03 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Goku made the (wrong) decision to put the fate of the world in their hands. Bulma (and probably Chi-Chi) made the opposite decision here.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:03 pm

Bullza wrote:Goten and Trunks scenes in Fusion Reborn were by far the worst scenes of that movie (and some of the worst from the movies in general) so maybe they know better this time around which is why they cut them out :clap:
Huh? I'll just respect your opinion.

Also Gotenks ain't the first Z fighter to fuck up. Cut him a break.
Big Momma wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
They will regret it.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:05 pm

Kakarot9001 wrote:It would pretty fun if we had the chance to see SSJ3 Gotenks using his Continuous DIE DIE Missile to entirely vaporize all Freeza goons
See... instead of probably actually doing that... Gotenks would probably stop mid-fight and propose they come up with a new even grander attack that would really do justice to the amount of goons they were about to wipe out. Then while they're sitting there coming up with a good attack or a good name for the attack someone else would get hurt or killed or they'd get knocked down and their fusion would run out or Freeza would just blow the Earth up. This is the problem with Goten and Trunks. Maybe one day they'll learn how to be less irresponsible. Trunks of this timeline is nothing like the Future Trunks who came back. That Trunks was not an over confident spoiled child... the circumstances around him made him a better warrior and take things more seriously. This is the heart of the issue with these kids. Even a teenage Trunks now probably wouldn't be as smart of a warrior as Future Trunks was.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:06 pm

Big Momma wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
Bullza wrote:What's with the random "Your standing in poop" line?

Was that supposed to be funny or something?
Why is there poop?

Who shitted? Beerus?
He is a cat.
:thumbdown:

(I didn't get that poop joke either...)

about the second chapter:
Goku and Vegeta interactions with Whis are awesome :D
Whis being able to time travel (kind of) is interesting :)
Does that means Beerus gets uncouncious because of Whis punch again!? (this is getting old faster, and its not funny anymore... :thumbdown: )
So... Gohan makes Dende to call everyone but Buu is sleeping? :thumbdown: I can get the Goten and Trunks one, actually, I like how the characters don't want Gotenks to interfere since what happened with Buu.
Kame Sennin Brought the Senzu Beans :D

Maybe Tagoma can live in space and he just returned to Freeza's ship?
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:06 pm

Big Momma wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Yep, they totally made the right call not letting them go out and protect people. I'm sure they'll cause more harm than good. Since Gohan and the rest are likely to fall as shown in the trailer, well at least the boys didn't fuck em over, or they'd have fallen sooner right? Totally the right call there.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:07 pm

dbzfan7 wrote: Not counting that is an excuse just to support a bad decision without sound logic. They have been shown to do just fine handling mooks. Also if Goku and Vegeta just jumped in to save the earth, why is Goku all "LOOK OVER THERE *ZIP*". Goku and Vegeta took an opportunity to barge into the fight. Gotenks could have easily deflected the blast no problem. If it was all about fixing a Gotenks fuck up, Goku wouldn't purposely hog Aka to himself.

Boo is overly resilient and very hard to kill. Aka was kill sniped by Goku because he wanted to fight real bad, just like Vegeta. We saw this when they both argued as they wanted to fight real bad.

It's not an excuse. But considering Toriyama is writing this and he doesn't really think about the side-stuff he didn't write (and probably hasn't seen any of those movies in 20 years, if ever)... it makes sense that as far as Toriyama's writing is concerned they've never done that. Besides, I'm not saying they couldn't handle the goons... I'm saying they're stupid fighters who put themselves and others in danger and thus far have proven to not actually be helpful so what is the point of involving them? That makes sense to me.