Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mystic Tien
Regular

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Mystic Tien » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:06 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Whis probably erases time instead of creating an alternate timeline.
Time Destruction? God of The Destruction of TIme? Erazor of Time?
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Basaku wrote:I'm really worried about the whole Whis time travel/alteration thing. The entire Cell saga was about establishing that you can't change the past, only make a diference in some parallel timeline but now your own. I really really hope Toriyama/Toei remembers about that, alteration of the same timeline is a storytelling can of worms they do NOT want to open
It has since been revealed via Xenoverse (possibly as a Toriyama created tidbit that was absorbed from DBO), that the timelines only split if you use primitive time machines. Certain techniques like the magic used by Towa and Demigra as well as newer time machines developed by the Time Kaioshin don't cause the timelines to diverge.

Wow Oo I was right here. I have played Xenoverse only a bit, that's why I don't know everything yet.

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:It was confirmed during promotion that Toriyama designed multiple characters for Xenoverse (possibly back during DBO development and the assets were just reused...unless one was Demigra), but they didn't specify who as far as I remember.
That is interesting. I wonder if Time Kaioshin was one of them. What if Whis is one step above then? I don't know if there is Time Kaio, but what if Whis is the one who has the same connection with time as Time Kaio, only of a higher rank?
Last edited by Mystic Tien on Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:10 pm

Mystic Tien wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Erases time? Langolier?

I dunno, I'm sticking with "his mind time-travels into the past, not his entire self" because I can't think of any other way that wouldn't cause a paradox.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:10 pm

Mystic Tien wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Goku was always seen a fighting genius. This is the same guy who was able to perform a Kamehameha after only witnessing its once as a child from the man who created the technique and took 50 years to master himself.
Well, I don't think it was actually that special for saiyans. Raditz was also using ki blasts, and he was a low-class one, I think it is fairly common for saiyans to use Ki blasts.
You're acting as if at that time in the story we knew Goku was a Saiyan and we knew everything about his race.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:14 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I seriously hope the Blue SSJ hair thing ain't real. And if it is real, please be a one time thing.
It does remind me of the old AF images from over 10 years ago.

SSj8 Vegeta from DBAF

SSJ8 Goku, SSj8 Gohan, SSj8 Trunks and SSj7.5 Vegeta from DBAF

Yesterday's fan fiction is now today's reality.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:15 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Mystic Tenshinhan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Goku was always seen a fighting genius. This is the same guy who was able to perform a Kamehameha after only witnessing its once as a child from the man who created the technique and took 50 years to master himself.
Well, I don't think it was actually that special for saiyans. Raditz was also using ki blasts, and he was a low-class one, I think it is fairly common for saiyans to use Ki blasts.
You're acting as if at that time in the story we knew Goku was a Saiyan and we knew everything about his race.

Well, Yamcha and Krillin did it fairly easy as well :D There was also Yajirobe who was very strong without any reason Oo I just think that Roshi is not actually very talented, if at all, and everything which he achieved was given to him because of the very hard working from his side, which is just one more reason to respect old guy :)
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).

ScholarGohan
Beyond Newbie

Post by ScholarGohan » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:16 pm

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:17 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
I think that's just one of his many abilities, but I don't think he's really a kaioshin of time or anything like that. I do believe Whis has existed for as long as the universe itself. He probably already knew what a SSJG was, but egged Beerus on for his own amusement (and to taste that delectable Earth food). Whis is certainly a character. Toriyama can go any direction with him, be it god of time, the multiverse, balance, or destruction from another universe. That...or just ordinary guy with extraordinary powers.
Is he equivalent of Buu of some sort then? Oo
Marco Polo wrote:

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:17 pm

Damn it! Would post it but my Internet is slow as fuck.

Well this image comes from here.

GeeRod
Beyond Newbie

Post by GeeRod » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:18 pm

We have to wait until tomorrow morning right? I'm leaving my expectations low like I did with BOG. And you guys? Your expectations are high? low? You don't really care about the movie? :lol:
English is not my main language. Sorry if I make a mistake.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:18 pm

Chuquita wrote:Everyone's talking about F in relation to GT in there atm.
What? Why? How is it even relevant?
Marco Polo wrote:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:19 pm

Strength comparisons.
ScholarGohan wrote:Image
I really do like that dougi.

Aaugh I'm so torn right now over that maybe-blue.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:20 pm

-Blue SSJG-
I don't like the idea for Goku. For Vegeta would be okay i guess, since blue is the color that fits him the most.
But for Goku is the red color. I think the best is give the same color/red to Vegeta.
Cold Skin wrote: Of course, Toriyama doesn't think that far ahead, but it could be that he's been inspired by watching what it looked like when seeing BOG.
Then again, all of him is actually blue due to the aura for a split second... But those blue aura and sparkles to begin with, which are not seen again. Really seems to indicate that the true God energy would be blue under normal circumstances.
Interesting theory. It would make sense.
But Toriyama was supposed to give Goku blue hair, and in the end, he decided to make it red. Because red is the strongest color.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:20 pm

That Goku art is fantastic, I've always been a big fan of watching Goku run for some reason
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:20 pm

Chuquita wrote:
Mystic Tenshinhan wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Erases time? Langolier?

I dunno, I'm sticking with "his mind time-travels into the past, not his entire self" because I can't think of any other way that wouldn't cause a paradox.
Stephen King? :D

This reminds me about one game, there the whole concept was revolving around exactly that.
Hellspawn28 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:I seriously hope the Blue SSJ hair thing ain't real. And if it is real, please be a one time thing.
It does remind me of the old AF images from over 10 years ago.

SSj8 Vegeta from DBAF

SSJ8 Goku, SSj8 Gohan, SSj8 Trunks and SSj7.5 Vegeta from DBAF

Yesterday's fan fiction is now today's reality.
So there still wasn't any difference between following the original concept of SSJ forms or following the new one with Gods, because SSJ8 still looks like new SSJ God (theoretically) :)
Marco Polo wrote:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:22 pm

Chuquita wrote:Finished; nothing in the 2ch thread so far as I can tell. Everyone's talking about F in relation to GT in there atm.
Is it safe to say it's fake then ? if it was from Japan wouldn't they know about it and be talking about it ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

White Oni
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by White Oni » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:23 pm

Basaku wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Whis probably erases time instead of creating an alternate timeline.
That is a paradox in itself. Exactly the thing multiple other movies/comics/mangas hit the wall on. Toriyama made a very good decision to go into alternate timelines in Cell saga instead of true time travel alteration becuase it avoids paradoxes the biggest brains on the planet can't solve, let alone storytellers/writers.
All it did was replace the dead grandfather paradox with the paradox of Hilbert's hotel.
Last edited by White Oni on Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:23 pm

GeeRod wrote:And you guys? Your expectations are high? low?
I have little doubt that I'll enjoy this movie.

I can't see this Blue SSG form being real, but then again, I didn't believe that Golden Freeza was real either, so time will tell, I suppose.
sintzu wrote:Is it safe to say it's fake then ? if it was from Japan wouldn't they know about it and be talking about it ?
It's safer to say.
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:23 pm

Dyno wrote:

Damn it! Would post it but my Internet is slow as fuck.

Well this image comes from here.
Is there the one for Vegeta? My Internet is also slow as hell now Oo
GeeRod wrote:We have to wait until tomorrow morning right? I'm leaving my expectations low like I did with BOG. And you guys? Your expectations are high? low? You don't really care about the movie? :lol:
All in one :lol: I have high expectations for some things, low - for others, and don't care for some things at all :)
Last edited by Mystic Tien on Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marco Polo wrote:

cloud1414
Beyond Newbie

Post by cloud1414 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:25 pm

My guess its probably the bootleg toys you find at anime cons. I see them everywhere at cons for uber cheap prices. And yeah I hate it also that everyone on social media is spamming the pictures confirming that its official without a legit source.

ShadowWolf87
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ShadowWolf87 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:28 pm

Mystic Tien wrote:
Ki blasts themselves don't seem to be, but a blast that can be charged by the user appears to be very unusual. Raditz and Vegeta were both stunned Goku knew something like the Kamehameha.
"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It’s when you know you’re licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what." - Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird (1960)

“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” - Nelson Mandela