Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VeteranX

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by VeteranX » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:28 am

Birusu16 wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:Goku just lost the same things that Vegeta lost, the only difference is Goku didnt know until Vegeta told him that. I dont think he deserves it after seeing how he treats his saiyan comrades, I just dont buy it.
Goku had absolutely no affliction with his race whatsoever. Saying the loss for him was equally as bad as it was for Vegeta is laughable. And Goku wasn't used and treated like a slave for his entire life up to that point. Goku has nowhere near the amount of emotional turmoil with Freeza that Vegeta has.
Wasn't vegeta only hurt because of his pride? He even says he doesn't care what happened to the saiyans.
Favorite characters: Goku,Vegeta,Future Trunks

On my way to collect all the dragon balls!

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:28 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:Like I said they arent the main hero of the story, AT was planning on making Gohan the main hero which is why AT made him beat Cell but after that he just didnt feel Gohan becoming the hero so he went back to Goku.
So being the main hero should deprive the other characters the right from shining themselves? I pray you never write a manga.
Dont worry I dont plan on making a manga of my own. Like I said Goku never deprived anyone, everyone had their fair share of fights not just Goku.

Also Freeza never really treated Vegeta as a slave, he did give position to Vegeta being one of his high ranking officers.
Fair share of fights is hardly an indicator of shining as most of the time anyone other than Goku receives the short end of the stick in those fights. And forcing one into submission is treating someone like a slave. It doesn't matter if he had a position of esteem. It was either fight for Freeza or die. That's slavery.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:29 am

SansrivaaL wrote:On a different note I thought everyone here didnt notice me but after I say something about what I expect about the movie and some of u didnt like it u start to notice me and attack me, how nice.
:thumbup:
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:30 am

SansrivaaL wrote:On a different note I thought everyone here didnt notice me but after I say something about what I expect about the movie and some of u didnt like it u start to notice me and attack me, how nice.
No one is attacking you.

If you give an opinion on something on the internet people are going to probably give an opinion about it but that doesn't mean it's an attack.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:31 am

If this is real and indeed something beyond SSG, then I'll miss magenta Goku. They're both cool though, but I myself would've preferred separate colours between the characters. Although, considering this would likely be a separate form and that there are some interesting ways of interpreting this design progression, I think it is a cool and interesting form. Obviously it could get cooler with the reveal and proper explanation.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:33 am

No one is attacking you. On forums it's natural that if you state your opinion then some people are going to challenge it. Does it mean you have to change your opinion or find reason to doubt it? No. It's your opinion. Other people are just sharing their views with you and how it conflicts with your opinion.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:33 am

Shoko Nakagawa is Tweeting about the movie right now, by the way. Not that it appears to be anything interesting. :P
https://twitter.com/shoko55mmts

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:33 am

Vegitofaxx wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:After years of the Sonic franchise stealing from Dragon ball, Dragon ball has finally stole form them.
In what regard?
Blue spiky hair and Goku and Vegeta potentially gaining a new form and fighting at the same time in said new form.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:34 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Vegitofaxx wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:After years of the Sonic franchise stealing from Dragon ball, Dragon ball has finally stole form them.
In what regard?
Blue spiky hair and Goku and Vegeta potentially gaining a new form and fighting at the same time in said new form.
Fair play. :) :thumbup:
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

VeteranX

Post by VeteranX » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:34 am

I hope if the rumors are true that at least it's like a perfected form for super saiya-jin god.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:35 am

So ur actually telling me Gohan didnt shine after killing Cell?
Trunks didnt shine and had impact after his first appearance and kills Frieza?
Vegeta didnt shine after doing one hell of a sacrifice for his family and Goku?
Not really, slavery is making him look like a fool and using him all the time, we hardly see Frieza manipulating Vegeta. Having a high rank isnt exactly called slavery now is it. Unless u view slavery in another way.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:36 am

VeteranX wrote:I hope if the rumors are true that at least it's like a perfected form for super saiya-jin god.
Fully powered SSJG?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:36 am

Posting again, because it needs to be said and reviewed by all-

As we approach the film's debut, please remember:

This thread is not a chat room.

An image in and of itself is not a post. A single sentence is also generally not worth posting.

A post you think is funny probably isn't. Have a real conversation.

You're not on 4chan.

All hands are on deck. Creating issues where we have to actively babysit the thread literally prevents us from bringing you comprehensive, accurate, timely information about the film.

Create an atmosphere where things are awesome and we will be able to bring you the things you are here for. Don't make our job harder. Don't waste our time and don't waste your own time.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

VeteranX

Post by VeteranX » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:39 am

Vegitofaxx wrote:
VeteranX wrote:I hope if the rumors are true that at least it's like a perfected form for super saiya-jin god.
Fully powered SSJG?
Yeah something like that or maybe it's the form achieved without any ritual?
Either way I'm not bothered by the color as some people are.

ArcaneSuperSaiyan

Post by ArcaneSuperSaiyan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:40 am

Am I the only one here that actually hopes the new blue haired SSJ forms are legit? I mean I always thought that scene in Yo! Son Goku and Friends Return where the lighting makes Goku's SSJ look blue made him look cool.

I remember the BOG teasers for SSJG causing me to speculate that the form would be blue because of the aura as well. When it turned out to be magenta I was kinda disappointed. So while I think it's more than a bit silly to have so many different colored SSJ forms, I think this is what SSJG should have been from the very beginning. Maybe that's just because I never cared much for how SSJG looks really though. I mean it's grown on me over time, but I still think it's pretty lackluster.

It could also be much worse in my opinion. Like the fan idea of multi colored SSJGs being unique to each person(Goku = magenta, Vegeta = blue, Gohan = green, etc.) I think that'd look atrocious. We'd end up with a rainbow of SSJGs.

That said, if all this turns out to be fake(which I think is unlikely with all the hints and the DBH tease) I'd definitely be okay with how they're seemingly using the base form only instead now.

Also, nice to meet you all. I've been lurking for some time, but this is my first time actually posting.
Last edited by ArcaneSuperSaiyan on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:40 am

SansrivaaL wrote:So ur actually telling me Gohan didnt shine after killing Cell?
Trunks didnt shine and had impact after his first appearance and kills Freeza?
Not really, slavery is making him look like a fool and using him all the time, we hardly see Freeza manipulating Vegeta. Having a high rank isnt exactly called slavery now is it. Unless u view slavery in another way.
Gohan, yes
Trunks, yes
Vegeta, no. His sacrifice accomplished nothing.

No, it's not. Slavery is forcing one into submission and subjecting them do your bidding. You have no choice in the matter. That's what Freeza did to Vegeta, so yes, Vegeta was basically a slave to Freeza.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:40 am

sintzu wrote:
No one is attacking you.

If you give an opinion on something on the internet people are going to probably give an opinion about it but that doesn't mean it's an attack.
I was giving opinions and actually asking for people's thoughts since yesterday but no one seems to notice but now some people doesnt like what I expect suddenly quote's me here and there. Srsly now it sounds like Goku is such a bad guy for being the main hero when he shouldnt. I dont like Vegeta being the guy that takes down the badguy in this movie but u dont see me complaining about what the others expect. I merely said what I expect and didnt mean anything about it. Some people are being way too serious.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:41 am

VeteranX wrote:
Vegitofaxx wrote:
Fully powered SSJG?
Yeah something like that or maybe it's the form achieved without any ritual?
Either way I'm not bothered by the color as some people are.
Yeah, i'm generally a rule of cool guy. If it's awesome, i'll like it. :)

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:44 am

@New ssj forms

I really like the new blue hair on the SSJs and the fact Goku and Vegeta are getting them remind me of the first time Agumon and Gabamon warp digivolved. I would still love to see red hair god vegeta at some point but I am a fan of the new saiyan beyond god forms as well.

@Vegeta in slavery

In my two cents Vegeta wasn't in slavery as much as Frieza just kept his men in check. Wasn't Vegeta ranked higher than everyone but Zarbon, Dodoria and the Ginyus and I thought it was said Vegeta was given speical treatment. Frieza also gave him control of Nappa and Raditz and possibly even a cut of the profits since they were planning on selling Earth.

I imagine Frieza and Vegeta's relationship like a strict parent raising you your entire life and then you find out this person killed your real loving family and stole you as a baby. Frieza was a bad person to everyone around and caused Vegeta wrong in the past but I don't think in the manga he ever directly mistreated Vegeta.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:45 am

Birusu16 wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:So ur actually telling me Gohan didnt shine after killing Cell?
Trunks didnt shine and had impact after his first appearance and kills Freeza?
Not really, slavery is making him look like a fool and using him all the time, we hardly see Freeza manipulating Vegeta. Having a high rank isnt exactly called slavery now is it. Unless u view slavery in another way.
Gohan, yes
Trunks, yes
Vegeta, no. His sacrifice accomplished nothing.

No, it's not. Slavery is forcing one into submission and subjecting them do your bidding. You have no choice in the matter. That's what Freeza did to Vegeta, so yes, Vegeta was basically a slave to Freeza.
Vegeta made a heroic scene, that enough is a spotlight for me even if it didnt accomplish anything doesnt mean he didnt sparkle. Fine if u feel he was a slave then go ahead.