Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GeeRod
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by GeeRod » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:03 am

I'll wait for Kanzenshuu to translate the new form name. I don't trust ANN.
Last edited by GeeRod on Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
English is not my main language. Sorry if I make a mistake.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:05 am

BTW I bet the next form will be based on Broly as well and will be green.

You know a carrot has some green as well

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:10 am

Bonus Stage wrote:

This "official" name appears on the WSJ scan? Or just a name invented by ANN?
Its written there beside Goku (The lower left one) Super Saiyan God SS.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:13 am

Looks good. I particularly like (what is presumably) Toriyama's character design in the bottom left of the reveal. It looks much more like his older work than what we saw in his original Super Saiyan God design.

I'm quite happy this new era of Dragon Ball is being defined by totally different colours. What a great way to redefine the image of the series. It's so silly and so Toriyama, you can't help but love it.

'SSJGSS' is possisbly the most ridiculous acronym I've ever seen from this franchise. I'm sticking with Blueper Saiyan, though I'm sure the western fanbase will come up with its own stupid name, too.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:20 am

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Looks good. I particularly like (what is presumably) Toriyama's character design in the bottom left of the reveal. It looks much more like his older work than what we saw in his original Super Saiyan God design.

I'm quite happy this new era of Dragon Ball is being defined by totally different colours. What a great way to redefine the image of the series. It's so silly and so Toriyama, you can't help but love it.

'SSJGSS' is possisbly the most ridiculous acronym I've ever seen from this franchise. I'm sticking with Blueper Saiyan, though I'm sure the western fanbase will come up with its own stupid name, too.
I find Super Saiyan Beyond God to be simple enough.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

AM Reflection
Not-So-Newbie

Post by AM Reflection » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:22 am

The redundancy of the name is fitting for such a redundant transformation. Whatever. It surprisingly looks pretty decent combined with the aura on, but I don't like it in the other images.

And that screenshot from the video game is wild. Looks like a totally different character rather than Goku.

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:24 am

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Looks good. I particularly like (what is presumably) Toriyama's character design in the bottom left of the reveal. It looks much more like his older work than what we saw in his original Super Saiyan God design.

Actually the acronym is SSGSS due to the fact that if SSJ was the acronym for Supa Saiyajin then it would have been SSJGSSJ instead of what you said.
Dragon Ball Heroes God Mission = Best sets of missions so far

Super Saiyan 4 Gohan FTW!!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:28 am

Didn't think I'd have to post this on our own forum, but...!

The "form" is not given a proper-noun type of name in the film, and a cursory glance at these images (which, again, come from this upcoming Monday's issue of Weekly Shonen Jump in Japan) do not go on to assign it a proper-noun name.

The way it's described is exactly the same way Goku describes it in the film, which is:
WSJ wrote:超サイヤ人ゴッド のパワー を持つサイヤ人の超サイヤ人
Super Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God
I know that's being kinda pedantic, and I'd certainly like an easier way to describe/name it, but that's all we've got so far.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:29 am

sintzu wrote:
Herms wrote:Most of this sounds like denial. "The movie's not what I expected, so Toriyama must have been forced to put in stuff he didn't want".
We're just kidding around.

I don't think Toie can force someone like Toriyama to do what they want.
I think if anything it's more likely Toriyama just gave them ideas and could be content with them just doing whatever with it. You know, trusting the animation team, etc. It fits his laid back style.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:33 am

VegettoEX wrote:Didn't think I'd have to post this on our own forum, but...!

The "form" is not given a proper-noun type of name in the film, and a cursory glance at these images (which, again, come from this upcoming Monday's issue of Weekly Shonen Jump in Japan) do not go on to assign it a proper-noun name.

The way it's described is exactly the same way Goku describes it in the film, which is:
I know that's being kinda pedantic, and I'd certainly like an easier way to describe/name it, but that's all we've got so far.
Well that just made it longer.... hope they come up with a better name for it. Actually just a short name would be good.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:36 am

I was seeing that key chains' picture. SS3 Goku looks so awesome. It's a shame nowadays that form will probably not appear in the story. In another hand, I can't see Goku now and not remember Blue-Eyes White Dragon. Yeah, the new Super Saiyan looks cool, but the SSG looks a little more godly.

I think the name SSGSS makes sense, Goku is not really beyond god, he is like god. Super Saiyan Beyond God would fit Green Broly, though. I still think SS5 can be a thing.
Last edited by Hugo Boss on Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bonus Stage
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bonus Stage » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:36 am

VegettoEX wrote:Didn't think I'd have to post this on our own forum, but...!

超サイヤ人ゴッドSS ?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:39 am

Missed that little guy. On my phone right now and can't read the rest / it's cut off.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:40 am

It does say "超サイヤ人ゴッドSS" (Super Saiyajin God Super Saiyajin,) but the name was never referred to in the actual movie and I seriously doubt it's the official name.

AM Reflection
Not-So-Newbie

Post by AM Reflection » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:45 am

It appears to say 「超サイヤ人ゴッドSSで決者つけるぞ」 which is like "I'll settle this as a Super Saiyan God SS". The name is also written on the second picture with the Extreme Butoden image. I don't think they would randomly choose something and include in the new game if it wasn't official.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:46 am

Why not just call it Super Saiyan God SS? I think thats an OK enough name for it. Supersaiyan God Supersaiyan is just way too long and literal.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:49 am

I like the color they picked for SSWTPOSSG Goku, it looks just like that animated fan art. The name is great too :lol: Maybe next we will have SS3WTPOSSG or SS2WTPOSSG2 and the hair will be green :lol:
Last edited by UpFromTheSkies on Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:50 am

Seems like instead of calling it "Super Saiyan God" they should have called the red haired form "The Saiyan God" and then this new form could be called "Super Saiyan God".
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

If we're all here for a reason then I'm just visiting.

If it's held in your heart then you can't let go.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:51 am

Definitely an awkward situation all around in terms of what to call it. The film doesn't help so it's like... just list names in a row? Description rather than name? Something new entirely? "God" was such good branding for the previous film, but that's what happens when you have it built by a company first, rather than in this case where Toriyama came up with it all.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:51 am

Chrono Trigger wrote:Seems like instead of calling it "Super Saiyan God" they should have called the red haired form "The Saiyan God" and then this new form could be called "Super Saiyan God".
The Japanese language doesn't have articles.