Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:47 pm

I hadn't really thought about it before, but I'm kinda glad Whis used the time rewind instead of the heroes abusing the Dragon Balls again.While it ultimately wouldn't have mattered, it would have been sad if Pan already suffered her allotted easy revival via Shenlong before she was even old enough to speak.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:49 pm

Hopefully this movie answers our questions about the whole 11 other universes. maybe we might see a sneak peak of other gods mentioned!? Hopefully we wont get another villain resurrection as it will get boring.
My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

bubibartra
Beyond Newbie

Post by bubibartra » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:53 pm

GotenZ1 wrote:
SaiyaJedi wrote:I'm seeing people asking some questions that are already answered by the summary that's on the site (not to mention various things I answered myself nearly two weeks ago). Sure, some people may be just stumbling upon the thread / the site, and I know it's been over 100 pages of people bellyaching over things they haven't seen... But still. :?
Sorry Julian! I'm not trying to take credit :(

Like I said, I'd been avoiding this thread the past few weeks and I figured people were interested in the event itself so I logged on as soon as I got home. I knew there were a few questions that must have been answered in your summary! You're too thorough not to :) Thanks for everything you do around here! (I never really get to say that)
I read the summary of Julian and do not think there's anything wrong with having another viewpoint and to expand concrete things, nobody knew that Bulma was with Goku for example... . Thank you for your time and your answers.
Favorite Character: Vegeta
Seconds favorites caracteres:Goku , Piccolo
Previously I like: Kid Gohan
I do not like: Adult Gohan
I hope more: Trunks and Goten
I claim for: A girlfriend and a happy life for Yamcha. Women SSJ
Hate: Send all women to take care of children, including A18.
Need more of: Ten Sin Han

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:56 pm

GokuRules987 wrote:Hopefully this movie answers our questions about the whole 11 other universes. maybe we might see a sneak peak of other gods mentioned!? Hopefully we wont get another villain resurrection as it will get boring.

I'm pretty sure nothing is mentioned about the other 11 univeses or gods, but I haven't seen the movie, so take my take with a grain of salt.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:09 pm

Re: questions

Seconded; there was no way I would've known magenta ssjg Gokû was manga-only to this if he hadn't answered my question.
Many grateful thanks to Toyotaro. I have no way of knowing if it was an embellishment or something that was cut from a later version of the script, but the manga is literally the only bright side I've got with this part of the movie.

Feeling a negative emotional reaction sucks! I don't want to feel upset at this movie! I was sad when I found out it was Freeza instead of a new villain, and I was sad when I found out there'd be no furthering of the plot-drops from BOG or talk about the 11 other universes or crazy AU time-travel to an Earth where Freeza won way back in the Freeza arc and so a bunch of characters were never born and Vegeta would have amazing-yet-awkward moments with a Bulma who never fell in love with him in the first place, but I figured as long as I'd get some ssjg Gokû out of it I'd be ok. I'll never put such high hopes into a future db movie again. For all I know all of them from here out will be average, battle-heavy, very-little-plot like the first 1-13. I should not be upset, why am I upset? >_< I want to stop being upset. It's because I've invested so much time following this thread; I should've known better. I feel like Sally at the end of the Peanuts Halloween special; it's not The Great Pumpkin, it's a beagle!

*Heavy sigh.* :(

Come on, movie! I know I won't see you til late this year, but please for the love of all the time and energy I've invested have something that makes up for all this!
Last edited by Chuquita on Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:10 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I hadn't really thought about it before, but I'm kinda glad Whis used the time rewind instead of the heroes abusing the Dragon Balls again.While it ultimately wouldn't have mattered, it would have been sad if Pan already suffered her allotted easy revival via Shenlong before she was even old enough to speak.
But at least the Dragon Ball bail-card is estalished. Whis just pops with a very convinient time-reversal. I think I would rather stick with Dragon Balls
SaiyaJedi wrote:I'm seeing people asking some questions that are already answered by the summary that's on the site (not to mention various things I answered myself nearly two weeks ago). Sure, some people may be just stumbling upon the thread / the site, and I know it's been over 100 pages of people bellyaching over things they haven't seen... But still. :?
Pretty much explained the reasons yourself why repetetive questions keep popping up and will continue to do so I dunno why is it taken so personally :|

SuperSaiyanQ

Post by SuperSaiyanQ » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:17 pm

Ahh after seeing the new transformation video and then seeing it in action , I think the movie should be pretty damn good ,
The blue colour was a bit random but still it looks decent in the tv spots and has unique/divine look to it
I hope vegeta looks better in the movie than in that character design poster earlier , his eyebrows didn't even look blue and arms were odd
Looking forward to the combat and seeing Goku and Vegeta whoop ass :D

GotenZ1
Patreon Supporter

Post by GotenZ1 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:22 pm

I'm going to leave for the night, but i wanted to say thank you to everyone listening and please see this movie! It's so fun! Like Julian said a few pages back, you can find the flaws if you look for them but it's a really great, entertaining movie.

I leave you with a quote from today's Q & A from Masako Nozawa: "GOKU IS EVERYONE'S FRIEND!"
My short animated film (has some violence): http://youtu.be/ovT8mbYE85E

SuperSaiyanQ

Post by SuperSaiyanQ » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:29 pm

Don't know if anyone's posted this
It's the SSGSS Transformation video for Dragon Ball Heroes !!!!
Thoughts ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dX7AAOKUO8
Last edited by SuperSaiyanQ on Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bubibartra
Beyond Newbie

Post by bubibartra » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:33 pm

Taking what Goten Z1 has written may vegeta too late to kill Frieza because he wants make suffer Freezer.
Vegeta is too emotional. It can be good, power up by enraged ... or bad
It's just a thought.
Favorite Character: Vegeta
Seconds favorites caracteres:Goku , Piccolo
Previously I like: Kid Gohan
I do not like: Adult Gohan
I hope more: Trunks and Goten
I claim for: A girlfriend and a happy life for Yamcha. Women SSJ
Hate: Send all women to take care of children, including A18.
Need more of: Ten Sin Han

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:40 pm

Chuquita wrote: *Heavy sigh.* :(

Come on, movie! I know I won't see you til late this year, but please for the love of all the time and energy I've invested have something that makes up for all this!
Don't be sad Chu! theres still Goku and Vegeta interactions while training with Whis and Vegeta protecting Goku when he's down :thumbup:
GotenZ1 wrote:I'm going to leave for the night, but i wanted to say thank you to everyone listening and please see this movie! It's so fun! Like Julian said a few pages back, you can find the flaws if you look for them but it's a really great, entertaining movie.

I leave you with a quote from today's Q & A from Masako Nozawa: "GOKU IS EVERYONE'S FRIEND!"
Thanks for answering our questions! :D
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:49 pm

Basaku wrote:But at least the Dragon Ball bail-card is estalished. Whis just pops with a very convinient time-reversal. I think I would rather stick with Dragon Balls
Just because something is established doesn't mean it's the best option. I'm not saying Whis should be used to reverse everything that goes wrong in the future, but the Dragon Ball bail-card is overplayed and stale at this point and I'm not really interested in just sticking with what's familiar to me because I don't want the series to change and evolve or whatever. Some fans may not like it, but we're getting new material for the franchise and I like that Toriyama is branching out and tinkering with some of the series' previous staple elements/formulas/whatever instead of just stagnating. Whis' ability was moderately set up by his odd skills in the Special Edition of Battle of Gods and early on in Resurrection F, prior to its use. That's a significant enough foreshadowing for me considering these are films and not super long arcs like back during the original serialization.

Piririn
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Piririn » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:51 pm

50-100 empty seats? :(

I tried so hard to get a ticket to see the movie... couldn't find any for under $100 after the website said they were sold out... and it turns out they didn't even bother selling all the available seats? :evil:

Does anyone know if there's any plans for future theater showings of the subtitled version? I want to see it on the big screen, but I hate the dub.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:57 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Basaku wrote:But at least the Dragon Ball bail-card is estalished. Whis just pops with a very convinient time-reversal. I think I would rather stick with Dragon Balls
Just because something is established doesn't mean it's the best option. I'm not saying Whis should be used to reverse everything that goes wrong in the future, but the Dragon Ball bail-card is overplayed and stale at this point and I'm not really interested in just sticking with what's familiar to me because I don't want the series to change and evolve or whatever. Some fans may not like it, but we're getting new material for the franchise and I like that Toriyama is branching out and tinkering with some of the series' previous staple elements/formulas/whatever instead of just stagnating. Whis' ability was moderately set up by his odd skills in the Special Edition of Battle of Gods and early on in Resurrection F, prior to its use. That's a significant enough foreshadowing for me considering these are films and not super long arcs like back during the original serialization.
I don't think Whis' ability is good at all. The Dragon Balls may be stale but I think the only solution to that is to stop requiring reset buttons, not create an even more convenient one. I don't remember anything Whis doing prior to Resurrection F being foreshadowing for such a potent ability, and having it appear at the start of the movie isn't enough for me when it's such a major power.

It may be new, but I don't think that justifies it at all.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:02 pm

My friends over at Dbzf said the movie was great (3 members went to see it). This gives me hope as they're a hard crowd to please.

I'm excited for the film.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:13 pm

Saiga wrote:I don't think Whis' ability is good at all. The Dragon Balls may be stale but I think the only solution to that is to stop requiring reset buttons, not create an even more convenient one. I don't remember anything Whis doing prior to Resurrection F being foreshadowing for such a potent ability, and having it appear at the start of the movie isn't enough for me when it's such a major power.

It may be new, but I don't think that justifies it at all.
This isn't the first time I've had this discussion and I honestly feel like almost everything I post in this thread is just a repeat of something I said like 20 pages previous (which I hate because I really dislike repeating myself).

Anyway, never once did I say the ability was good. I said it was good that something else besides the Dragon Balls were used and that there was enough build up that it didn't come out of nowhere. We had him doing the glass displacement thing on Bluma's ship in Battle of Gods to let us know he had abnormal skills, and now he tells us he can rewind time 3 minutes into the past to reverse Beerus' shenanigans. Whether you like the skill or not, this is infinitely better than Whis just showing up after Earth exploded and telling everyone he has time-rewind-plot-device-power. Would it be nice if a reset wasn't needed? Of course. I've said that repeatedly in the previous versions of this conversation. But if there has to be a deus ex machina to undo a problem, I'm glad it wasn't the Dragon Balls yet again. I'm getting super tired of: "Shit goes wrong, we need Dragon Balls. Oh, shit goes wrong again but Earth's Dragon Balls can't be used, so we'll use the ones on Namek. We don't even have to bother finding them on that planet."

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:19 pm

Hey, I'm posting here again!

Just got home from seeing it and I loved it. Feels much faster paced and gave me a better first impression than BoG.

Although, I do agree with Julian on the podcast that there were times it went a bit too fast and some scenes could have been fleshed out a lot more. This is definitely a movie that would benefit from an extended edition.

My highlights:

- Everyone gets their moment to shine, including Tenshinhan and Roshi.
- Jaco is Awesome.
- SSJ God Goku vs. Freeza = AWESOME.
- SSJ God Vegeta vs. Freeza = MORE AWESOME.

I'll be posting video coverage of the event soon and Mike will most likely post it on the front page when it's done.
Last edited by Castor Troy on Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:20 pm

Well, I'm disagreeing that there absolutely anything better about it than using the Dragon Balls. The mere presence of the ability could potentially have a negative impact on future works, without adding anything.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

SuperSaiyanQ

Post by SuperSaiyanQ » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:22 pm

Castor Troy wrote:Hey, I'm posting here again!

Just got home from seeing it and I loved it. Feels much faster paced and gave me a better first impression than BoG.

Although, I do agree with Julian on the podcast that there were times it went a bit too fast and some scenes could have been fleshed out a lot more. This is definitely a movie that would benefit from an extended edition.

My highlights:

- Everyone gets their moment to shine, including Tenshinhan and Roshi.
- Jaco is Awesome.
- SSJ God Goku vs. Freeza = AWESOME.
- SSJ God Vegeta vs. Freeza = MORE AWESOME.

I'll be posting video coverage of the event soon and Mike will most likely post it on the front page when it's done.
Hi , glad to see you had a nice time , could you please answer a question for me ?
I saw on dbzf , that one guy who saw it said golden friza was acc stronger than goku and blue SSGSS goku stalled on purpose ? But then I don't get how Goku could've finished him so easy with one kamehmaeha ? So is Freeza stronger or ?
And how's Vegeta SSGSS ? :mrgreen:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:23 pm

Beerus-sama wrote:
Chuquita wrote: *Heavy sigh.* :(

Don't be sad Chu! theres still Goku and Vegeta interactions while training with Whis and Vegeta protecting Goku when he's down :thumbup:
I'm trying not to feel sad. I really am. Image
Chronologically, only a few years if at that were passing in real time between ssj1, ssj2, and ssj3; so it's not like a two year gap then replacement is unusual, but I don't like the replacement. I don't even want a replacement. At least when Gokû shows off ssj3 (both times, Buu arc and BOG) he cycles through the other forms first. This one's just base -> blueper. Nothing in-between. It's like, why show even show me something fresh like ssjg Gokû if you're just gonna drop him for a color-swapped ssj1 in the next movie? I really really like ssjg and I'm probably gonna temp-leave the thread and go sulk/feel sad about it outside of the internet for a little while until this weird sadness feeling of mine passes and I start to feel better (shouldn't take too long, these moods usually don't last that long for me; I could be back before the end of the night, who knows). I hope these feelings don't last long anyway. I want to be able to enjoy the movie when I get to see it, I really do.

I sure hope those Gokû and Vegeta interactions are worth it. They are quite literally the only thing I have left to look forward to in this movie. So much of the other stuff that's turned out to be in this movie is stuff I just don't care about, and the stuff I wanted to see isn't in it at all.
Does Vegeta do anything special in his protecting of downed Gokû?

I'm gonna go draw. I'll be back when I'm back. Image
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!