Kai International Differences

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Kai International Differences

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun May 03, 2015 3:32 pm

Darkblade1995 wrote:Even if there wasn't a new movie and new anime, with how long they are making us wait, they might as well release it in season sets right away.
I think we would probably get Kai 2.0 sometime between summer and fall, if it weren't for the new movie and anime.

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Sun May 03, 2015 3:38 pm

I certainly hope this means they'll just go straight to Seasons and get those three sets out as soon as possible.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun May 03, 2015 3:50 pm

Valerius Dover wrote:I certainly hope this means they'll just go straight to Seasons and get those three sets out as soon as possible.
I think Funi should just go for broke and release the whole damn thing in one box set.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sun May 03, 2015 3:54 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Valerius Dover wrote:I certainly hope this means they'll just go straight to Seasons and get those three sets out as soon as possible.
I think Funi should just go for broke and release the whole damn thing in one box set.
How big of a box would that be anyway?
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sun May 03, 2015 4:23 pm

I doubt one set featuring 69 episodes would be a viable solution for them. The French publisher Kazé, are releasing "The Final Chapters" in two sets - first one contains episodes 99-133, and releases 20th May.

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkblade1995 » Sun May 03, 2015 4:42 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:I doubt one set featuring 69 episodes would be a viable solution for them. The French publisher Kazé, are releasing "The Final Chapters" in two sets - first one contains episodes 99-133, and releases 20th May.
I actually want Funimation to do this too. I mean, look, they know a lot of fans want to complete their Kai collection, and they are making us wait for a long time, and this is Kai. This is not something new. It's the same story we all know and love. The same story that gets re-released by funimation like a gazillion times. We've read the same story multiple times. We've played the same story multiple times, so why even bother to release one part of 12/13 episodes, then wait for a average of 3 months inbetween each part. I know Funimation is a business and they have to come up with a way to make the most money as possible but I mean come on. If Sean Schemmel has at least recorded up to where Gohan becomes ultimate (and that was last december, so he probably recorded even futher), then Funimation should have already recorded enough for at least one season. And I don't think Toei is holding them back. France gets its first set this month so why can't Funimation release theirs??

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sun May 03, 2015 5:23 pm

I agree, they recently released the entire "Z" on Blu Ray, one season at a time, so why on earth can't they do the same for Kai?.
It's a case of them trying to milk as much as they can from the fanbase, but they should just go ahead and at least get this done as quickly as possible, 3 sets of 23 would be the logical and fair way to do it.

I've no doubt that when they eventually begin to release "Super", they will be initially in parts of 11-12 episodes at a time, before the eventual season sets.

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkblade1995 » Sun May 03, 2015 5:32 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:I agree, they recently released the entire "Z" on Blu Ray, one season at a time, so why on earth cant they do the same for Kai?.
It's a case of them trying to milk as much as they can from the fanbase, but they should just go ahead and at least get this done as quickly as possible, 3 sets of 23 would be the logical and fair way to do it.

I've no doubt that when they eventually begin to release "Super", they will be in parts of 11-12 episodes at a time, like the One Piece voyages.
With Dragon Ball Super, I would have no problem with them releasing 12 episodes per part, because it's something new. Kai is basically just a re-cut version of Z. And like you said, they released one season at a time, most of them which had above 30 episodes, for Z, so I also see no reason why they couldn't do it with Kai. Even more at this point since the Japanese broadcast is about to end. When the English dub was released for Kai 1.0, it was still airing in Japan and we didn't know exactly when it was going to end. Now we know when the Buu arc ends, and Funimation probably knows too. I hope they are going for the 23 episodes per season, but even if they release it in parts, I will get them as soon as possible. I just want to finish my Kai collection.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sun May 03, 2015 5:53 pm

Darkblade1995 wrote:
DBZ_Lee wrote:I agree, they recently released the entire "Z" on Blu Ray, one season at a time, so why on earth cant they do the same for Kai?.

I've no doubt that when they eventually begin to release "Super", they will be in parts of 11-12 episodes at a time, like the One Piece voyages.
With Dragon Ball Super, I would have no problem with them releasing 12 episodes per part, because it's something new. Kai is basically just a re-cut version of Z. And like you said, they released one season at a time, most of them which had above 30 episodes, for Z, so I also see no reason why they couldn't do it with Kai. Even more at this point since the Japanese broadcast is about to end. When the English dub was released for Kai 1.0, it was still airing in Japan and we didn't know exactly when it was going to end. Now we know when the Buu arc ends, and Funimation probably knows too. I hope they are going for the 23 episodes per season, but even if they release it in parts, I will get them as soon as possible. I just want to finish my Kai collection.
Totally. "Super" is a new product, so FUNi would more than likely have to go down the part release route like they did with the first iteration of Kai, and I would be completely ok with it. But, please FUNi, give us "The Final Chapters" over 3 sets, any more would be needless.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sun May 03, 2015 7:15 pm

In all probability, I think we'll get sets with between 11-12 episodes per set.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon May 04, 2015 11:46 am

All the hype is on Super right now so the smart move would be for FUNimation to release Kai 2.0 in Season set format on Blu-ray & DVD and call it a day. It's not a quality remake anyway, but rather a quick cash-cow brought back to life.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon May 04, 2015 12:31 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:I agree, they recently released the entire "Z" on Blu Ray, one season at a time, so why on earth can't they do the same for Kai?.
They know people will pay for Kai in parts cause it's new unlike Z which failed at getting people to do that when they tried it with the level sets.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Mon May 04, 2015 12:35 pm

From FUNimation's point of view, Kai is as new as any other series they dub. They had to put in the effort to pay for a whole new dub from scratch, so it's a new series as far as their financial department is concerned, and they have to sell it as such.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Mon May 04, 2015 2:30 pm

Unfortunately, FUNi will more than likely go down the parts route, and I suppose who can blame them?. They know that we've all been waiting for "The Final Chapters" for over a year at least.
And a lot of fans will likely be unable to hold out for the Season sets, and buy the parts at the first opportunity.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue May 05, 2015 9:49 am

And a lot of fans will likely be unable to hold out for the Season sets, and buy the parts at the first opportunity.
4-5 Parts per £14-ish (Amazon marketplace sellers' price) will end up about £70 and the Season sets around £25-27 per each 3 Seasons.. Meh, in terms of price there won't be really a save but instead cost more than the Parts.

Was gonna hold out until the Seasons would be released but going by these prices there's no point to it then.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sun May 10, 2015 8:00 pm

Here's how I see the remaining episodes of International Kai panning out. 160 -164 will be 1:1 with Z, so right up to Z 285, where Buu is defeated. 165 will cover the first half of Z 287 (the second half is filler, which I think will be cut), the second half of which will cover the 1st half of Z 289.
Then, the final two Kai episodes will cover the remainder of 289 that isn't filler, so Goku taking Pan to visit Mr. Satan, followed by Z 290 & 291 (where the final 10 minutes to be cut will be done so over the course of those last 2 Z episodes) so basically, covering Z 290 & 291 in an episode and a half.