Do you think the SSG transformation should HAVE been kept ?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shonenhikada
Banned

Do you think the SSG transformation should HAVE been kept ?

Post by shonenhikada » Fri May 15, 2015 9:22 am

Personally I like the design and visual effect with the flaming ki aura of SSG compared to the generic wind like aura and normal appearance associated with Saiyan beyond god.

Like i said in a previous thread. It would be good if they had kept this design and then have its powered up form be SSGSS. Linking the pattern of powering up to flame intensity. In that case I would probably have had SSGSS be purple/White flame aura, SSGSS 2 be blue flame and SSGSS3 be blue with SSG3 appearance.
Last edited by shonenhikada on Mon May 18, 2015 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Do you think the SSG transformation should HAVE been kep

Post by Chuquita » Fri May 15, 2015 10:50 am

I was legit sad when I saw they dropped ssjg for blueper saiyan. I actually left the F thread for like two days after it was confirmed there was no ssjg Gokû in the movie. I loved this form on him. The lesson is for me not to get too attached to stuff, I guess.

So yes. Yes I wish it had been kept. Yes I still hope it shows up again because I'm optimistic enough to hold out hope for something like that. This is something I would actually throw money at.

I do like blueper on Vegeta though.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri May 15, 2015 11:39 am

Definitely agreed. Super Saiyan God is a unique design and SSGSS is underwhelming by comparison.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Truhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Truhan » Fri May 15, 2015 12:09 pm

Technically, SSJG was not replaced by its SSJ level, and can still be accessed by Goku (and Vegeta, who probably absorbed it like Goku did), because he still has it inside. It's when he releases it that he transforms, and I bet that he could revert.

Blackstripe
Regular

Post by Blackstripe » Fri May 15, 2015 12:25 pm

I would've honestly preferred they keep the flame aura and red hair, and simply had the hair take on the SSJ shape when he used SSGSSJ.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 15, 2015 12:40 pm

I certainly would have loved it if SSJG remained. But SSJGSSJ looks real cool in it's own regard, so it's not a total loss. But I'm still bummed out that SSJG went the way of SSJ2 and became redundant and forgotten almost as soon as it debuted.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri May 15, 2015 1:00 pm

Chuquita wrote:I was legit sad when I saw they dropped ssjg for blueper saiyan.
Yeah, I like how blueper saiyan (love that term, by the way) is activated and how the hair style more resembles SSJ than base form and I also didn't like SSJG's aura, but I would have preferred it if blueper was actually "redper" saiyan.
Truhan wrote:Technically, SSJG was not replaced by its SSJ level, and can still be accessed by Goku (and Vegeta, who probably absorbed it like Goku did), because he still has it inside. It's when he releases it that he transforms, and I bet that he could revert.
I doubt it. It's more he assimilated the knowledge of how to activate his own strength to work in the same leagues (or "world" as Beerus explained it) as SSJ God. From there, Vegeta did the same thing since he's repeatedly been shown to be at least as good as Goku when it comes to analyzing techniques. I really don't see Vegeta getting everybody to trigger SSJ God for him.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Truhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Truhan » Fri May 15, 2015 1:04 pm

Dayspring wrote:I doubt it. It's more he assimilated the knowledge of how to activate his own strength to work in the same leagues (or "world" as Beerus explained it) as SSJ God. From there, Vegeta did the same thing since he's repeatedly been shown to be at least as good as Goku when it comes to analyzing techniques. I really don't see Vegeta getting everybody to trigger SSJ God for him.
I like this idea, but an idea nonetheless. Akira Toriyama simply did not show it, or maybe everyone has now the potential to become a SSJG, because they were part of the circle, but need to train a whole lot.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri May 15, 2015 1:37 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: I'm still bummed out that SSJG went the way of SSJ2 and became redundant and forgotten almost as soon as it debuted.
At least Ssj2 had it's moments.

Ssj3 is the form that got the short end of of the stick but hopefully that'll change in Super.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Fri May 15, 2015 10:13 pm

Between the do, I do much prefer the magenta. God Super Saiyan simply looks too much like the OG.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri May 15, 2015 10:24 pm

It should never have existed to start with, but if forced to choose, it is a lot better than Bluper's shitty recolor.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Fri May 15, 2015 10:28 pm

Rocketman wrote:It should never have existed to start with, but if forced to choose, it is a lot better than Bluper's shitty recolor.
But let me guess... You love Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta's hair, don't you? :P

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat May 16, 2015 12:50 am

I guess it would have been too "predictable" to just give the SSJ form the same features as the SSJG one (flaming aura and red hair), despite it looking cooler than that blue shit. -.-
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Tectorman
Regular

Post by Tectorman » Sat May 16, 2015 1:57 am

Yep, I would have preferred to see SSJG a couple more times. Toriyama says that after Goku internalizes the form's power, he'll no longer need it. I was hoping that said internalization was still a ways off.

Regarding the SSGSS, I don't think I'd mind it so much if it were what we were shown when Goku made his last push against Beers in BoG. Instead of just a "God-remnant SSJ", if we had been shown the blue-haired deal back then, it wouldn't feel so out of the blue (not supposed to be a pun). I mean, what exactly is the difference between "SSJ with the power of a god" and "SSJG with the power of a SSJ"? Maybe Super will provide additional explanation.

Actually, scratch that. Here's hoping Super revisits Future Trunks's timeline. What I'd like to see:

After waiting for a rival, Beers travels to King Kai (who isn't dead) and finds Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan dead and training in the afterlife. He soundly defeats all three and is disappointed that the closest he'll ever come to a rival is already dead. Prideful Vegeta lets slip that his son is alive, prompting Beers to seek Trunks out.

He finds Trunks and defeats him as well. About to destroy the Earth for his troubles, the Supreme Kai and Kibito (having never fused) teleport in and ask Beers to stay his hand. Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan are then allowed to visit the mortal realm for their One Day amongst the living. They use Porunga (either teleporting to New Namek the way Goku did in the main timeline or by hitching a ride with Kibito) to learn the SSJG ritual.

They come back, dejected because there aren't enough Saiyans to try. Then Bulma arrives from the newly constructed hospital with Trunks's wife and news that she's pregnant with twins.

Trunks goes SSJG, and makes almost as good a showing as Goku did in the main timeline.

Probably not going to happen like that, but I do hope we see Future Trunks again, and I wouldn't mind Trunks being a SSJG.
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!

Sayo-chan
Regular

Post by Sayo-chan » Sat May 16, 2015 2:09 am

I don't think Kaio-Ken reject Goku isn't any better than whatever the ridiculous new name is for Goku with spiky Bulma hair. SSJ4 is aesthetically superior. Not to mention it's more symbolic and less shonen cringey.
Most Dragon Ball fans are incapable of making a logically sound argument.

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Mon May 18, 2015 1:58 am

Sayo-chan wrote:I don't think Kaio-Ken reject Goku isn't any better than whatever the ridiculous new name is for Goku with spiky Bulma hair. SSJ4 is aesthetically superior. Not to mention it's more symbolic and less shonen cringey.
But SSJ4 has that weird. Pants reappearing thing that makes no sense.

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Wed May 20, 2015 1:18 am

Who cares!? Its not even canon
My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Wed May 20, 2015 2:21 am

GokuRules987 wrote:Who cares!? Its not even canon
Everyone else in this thread evidently. Was this really a useful and necessary comment?

OT, I think it should have been kept. All that hype and shit building up from BoG and then it suddenly gets dropped faster than a DotA 2 team after failing to qualify for TI. Also known as really fast.

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Wed May 20, 2015 2:26 am

singsing wrote:
OT, I think it should have been kept. All that hype and shit building up from BoG and then it suddenly gets dropped faster than a DotA 2 team after failing to qualify for TI. Also known as really fast.
That Dota 2 ref...thank you! It's so true...EG FOR TI5 CHAMPS! :thumbup:

On topic! I think they should have kept it at least a little longer. While I wasn't a big fan of the form overall I saw the potential and wanted to see it grow on me. But it looks like that's a dead dream now.
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Wed May 20, 2015 2:49 am

GokuRules987 wrote:Who cares!? Its not even canon
Obviously some people care, or this thread wouldn't be here. But dismissive posts like this add nothing to the discussion. If you want to stick around, please try to make your contributions meaningful.
-Rachel