Official DBZ 2015 Movie Power Discussion: "Resurrection F"

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mr.Judge
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official DBZ 2015 Movie Power Discussion: "Resurrection

Post by Mr.Judge » Tue May 19, 2015 2:27 pm

Akira Toriyama should actually read his own Manga for once atleast and retcon the newly introduced inconsistencies with the new series by adding some flashbacks.

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Wed May 20, 2015 3:28 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
supercat wrote:With that being said, wasn't Sorbet surprised that even Shisami was defeated? This defeat was at the hands of a Super Saiyan. If Shisami was Zarbon level, then at the very least, I feel Sorbet should understand without any surprise that a defeat like this was bound to happen. I mean he knows Freeza went down to Super Saiyans in the past.. Why would he be so surprised or scared that a fighter on par with Zarbon / Dodoria couldn't take a Super Saiyan down?
Sorbet was surprised that the army was easily handled by the Z-Fighters, that's the moment where Freeza says Gohan could do it alone if he felt like, before Freeza knowing Gohan could transform.

I think Frieza was just using Gohan as an example.
supercat wrote:As for relying on Freeza to do all the work, that one can also go both ways. It's more than likely that they intended on Freeza taking on Son Goku and the other top tiered Z-Fighters, but it did appear that the grunts / Shisami were also intending on fighting while Freeza was busy taking on Son Goku.
Even so, Sorbet was confident that Goku and Vegeta were the only troublesome opponents.
Basically, it looks like Gohan needed SSJ to defeat Shisami. This would also indicate that he most likely cannot take Shisami down while in his base form. With that being said, assuming Shisami was Zarbon tier, that would also mean Base Gohan is also more or less around that level. I just can't see Base Gohan with a power that low.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed May 20, 2015 3:50 pm

I thought of something, when Goku was nearly killed by Sorbet and then healed with a Senzu bean, did he get a zenkai from that? If so, that would make him almost certainly stronger than Vegeta by the end of the movie.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed May 20, 2015 5:47 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I thought of something, when Goku was nearly killed by Sorbet and then healed with a Senzu bean, did he get a zenkai from that? If so, that would make him almost certainly stronger than Vegeta by the end of the movie.
Zenkai's became pretty negligible after Super Saiyan. they became small and later non existent.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed May 20, 2015 6:10 pm

Cell got a fairly decent one.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Sayo-chan
Regular

Post by Sayo-chan » Wed May 20, 2015 6:24 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Cell got a fairly decent one.
Cell is basically everyone combined but better.
Most Dragon Ball fans are incapable of making a logically sound argument.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed May 20, 2015 6:48 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Cell got a fairly decent one.
Cell is the only one to get a noticeable one yes. Everyone else never had another zenkai mentioned again after the Freeza arc. Gohan after being healed on near death status was claimed to be no stronger by Super Boo.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed May 20, 2015 9:13 pm

supercat wrote:Basically, it looks like Gohan needed SSJ to defeat Shisami. This would also indicate that he most likely cannot take Shisami down while in his base form. With that being said, assuming Shisami was Zarbon tier, that would also mean Base Gohan is also more or less around that level. I just can't see Base Gohan with a power that low.
You could still say that Sorbet's statement is not about battle powers, despite First Form Freeza's power being a lot confusing. Or try to imagine Dodoria having the same battle power as a Cell Jr.

supercat

Post by supercat » Thu May 21, 2015 10:43 am

Hugo Boss wrote:
supercat wrote:Basically, it looks like Gohan needed SSJ to defeat Shisami. This would also indicate that he most likely cannot take Shisami down while in his base form. With that being said, assuming Shisami was Zarbon tier, that would also mean Base Gohan is also more or less around that level. I just can't see Base Gohan with a power that low.
You could still say that Sorbet's statement is not about battle powers, despite First Form Freeza's power being a lot confusing. Or try to imagine Dodoria having the same battle power as a Cell Jr.
At this point, it seems uncertain what exactly Sorbet was referring to. Referring to rank and/or other attributions rather than power would clear up a lot of confusion regarding all of this. However, I could never imagine Dodoria coming even anywhere close to Piccolo / Cell Jr. Sticking strictly to in-universe theories, I'd say both Shisami starting off at Piccolo / Cell Jr. level, and Shisami training to reach Piccolo / Cell Jr. level both seem pretty viable.

If the characters in BoG were at their peak, then I imagine Piccolo wouldn't suddenly go from Cell Jr. tier to Zarbon / Dodoria tier. Yes, Gohan did lose an immense amount of power, but in no way would that be anything akin to Piccolo dropping down to Zarbon / Dodoria level. Of course, this is all keeping everything to in-universe theories only.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu May 21, 2015 3:09 pm

Re: Shisami

It's funny. This character has the power to kill Frieza when he's first revived. Sorbet must be a pretty incompetent leader if he has someone that strong and loyal in his army, and cannot conquer a few planets without Frieza's guidance.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

supercat

Post by supercat » Thu May 21, 2015 3:35 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Re: Shisami

It's funny. This character has the power to kill Freeza when he's first revived. Sorbet must be a pretty incompetent leader if he has someone that strong and loyal in his army, and cannot conquer a few planets without Freeza's guidance.
Well we don't know for sure whether Shisami can destroy Frieza initially upon revival or not. However, seeing as Sorbet seemed rather desperate to revive Frieza, I would say there is that possibility that he felt the organization as a whole was incompetent. Wasn't it indicated that the remnants were not doing so well without Frieza, and that things were falling apart?

Even if we go with the theory that Shisami had a battle power that can fight on par with Piccolo / Cell Jr. all along, without the proper mentality, desires, and leadership prowess, I can see why the organization would struggle against resistance. Like I briefly mentioned in some of my other posts, the organization and its grunts would probably have to maintain what they've conquered after it has been obtained through brute force (Shisami). It's not like Shisami can be there to regulate every planet after it's been taken over. The rest has to be proactively managed by the grunts or other members of the organization, and it's unlikely they can successfully carry out such a task in their faltering condition.

Plus it seemed like Frieza doesn't really get involved in small day to day battles and/or the fighting aspect of suppressing opposition. It doesn't seem too likely that they would have brought Frieza back just so he can go around zapping their enemies anytime they faced any degree of struggle. That's what the grunts / elites are for. Sorbet probably did have the desire to have Frieza leverage some of his amazing power when things got tough, but I also think he was really hoping for Frieza to rebuild an army that has weakened over the years.

As for why Shisami would submit to Frieza if the latter was much weaker.. He's already submitted to Sorbet and it seems pretty likely that both Tagoma and Shisami are above Sorbet in terms of power.

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Thu May 21, 2015 6:32 pm

Did a weakened Freeza just physically palm smack earth and make it explode?Lol

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Sat May 23, 2015 12:47 pm

Saiyan007 wrote:Did a weakened Freeza just physically palm smack earth and make it explode?Lol
Yes, stupid movie leading to stupid ending,,,well atleast we know that Frieza is fukin dead, unless if they decide to milk him again in other fukin universe.

Oh well,,,some fighting scenes were nice and i liked Bruce Lee move,,,if you know what i'm taking about 8)

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat May 23, 2015 2:07 pm

Saiyan007 wrote:Did a weakened Freeza just physically palm smack earth and make it explode?Lol
Sort of, either that or a shockwave.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Sat May 23, 2015 4:13 pm

supercat wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote:
At this point, it seems uncertain what exactly Sorbet was referring to. Referring to rank and/or other attributions rather than power would clear up a lot of confusion regarding all of this. However, I could never imagine Dodoria coming even anywhere close to Piccolo / Cell Jr. Sticking strictly to in-universe theories, I'd say both Shisami starting off at Piccolo / Cell Jr. level, and Shisami training to reach Piccolo / Cell Jr. level both seem pretty viable.

If the characters in BoG were at their peak, then I imagine Piccolo wouldn't suddenly go from Cell Jr. tier to Zarbon / Dodoria tier. Yes, Gohan did lose an immense amount of power, but in no way would that be anything akin to Piccolo dropping down to Zarbon / Dodoria level. Of course, this is all keeping everything to in-universe theories only.
Haven't we already confirmed that Sorbet was referring to position/rank rather than power? A native Japanese speaker already said the term they used here referred to position, not strength.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat May 23, 2015 4:40 pm

No matter how you look at it, it's stupid. Either Shisami is so strong Freeza is pointless (Freeza ruled through strength and fear), or Shisami is also a super prodigy who can get super strong in just 4 months.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Sat May 23, 2015 7:22 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:No matter how you look at it, it's stupid. Either Shisami is so strong Freeza is pointless (Freeza ruled through strength and fear), or Shisami is also a super prodigy who can get super strong in just 4 months.
It's not stupid really. There are those who are loyal to Freeza anyway. Forgoing the whole fear thing. I mean technically Ginyu is the strongest character in the Namek arc because of his ability to swap bodies. It wouldn't be difficult for Ginyu to just body swap with Freeza and become the new universe tyrant. But he didn't because he was loyal. There is nothing saying that Shisami is not a loyal follower of Freeza.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat May 23, 2015 7:56 pm

Hitiro wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:No matter how you look at it, it's stupid. Either Shisami is so strong Freeza is pointless (Freeza ruled through strength and fear), or Shisami is also a super prodigy who can get super strong in just 4 months.
It's not stupid really. There are those who are loyal to Freeza anyway. Forgoing the whole fear thing. I mean technically Ginyu is the strongest character in the Namek arc because of his ability to swap bodies. It wouldn't be difficult for Ginyu to just body swap with Freeza and become the new universe tyrant. But he didn't because he was loyal. There is nothing saying that Shisami is not a loyal follower of Freeza.
You have a guy who could have put an end to any resistance if he is that strong, or you have a super prodigy.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Sat May 23, 2015 8:09 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:You have a guy who could have put an end to any resistance if he is that strong, or you have a super prodigy.
Establishing Shisami as the new ruler of the Galaxy is going to be hard. It would be much easier to bring back someone they already feared. Honestly it seems they only brought Freeza back to be the figure head and get the everyone in line. He doesn't have to be strong to be a great evil dictator. His name is enough to strike fear into a lot of people.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat May 23, 2015 8:28 pm

Hitiro wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:You have a guy who could have put an end to any resistance if he is that strong, or you have a super prodigy.
Establishing Shisami as the new ruler of the Galaxy is going to be hard. It would be much easier to bring back someone they already feared. Honestly it seems they only brought Freeza back to be the figure head and get the everyone in line. He doesn't have to be strong to be a great evil dictator. His name is enough to strike fear into a lot of people.
Shisami alone could have recruited more powerful warriors if he's that powerful. There would be no resistance as they could always send him in to end them, and recruit any warriors who are strong.