[Fan Manga ] Son Goku and Superman: The Clash

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: [Fan Manga ] Son Goku and Superman: The Clash

Post by mAcChaos » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:53 am

dbzfan7 wrote:A little over the top but eh...

New Page
These pages are great. One thing I'm confused about though is that it seems like there is a page missing between this page here and the last one in the previous post.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

GS7X7
Advanced Regular

Post by GS7X7 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:57 am

Ah hellz yeah! This is just like with all shonen animes, the big fights are always where the art budget hits the roof. :)
Sean Schemmel is THE MAN! :)

Me- "Also, before anyone mentions it, Schemmel's interview was from nearly 15 years ago. He paid a brief visit to Kanzenshuu's forums a few years back and earned legendary respect that cancels out anything he said from that long ago. :D"

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:13 am

Whoa. Art suddenly got a whole lot better on these last few pages.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Einstein001
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Einstein001 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:01 pm

Thx guys! ^^
Just wanted to inform you that i'm working on redrawing a lot of first pages - you can check first three on my deviantart (along with comparision of first edits)
and here are two new pages

Be sure to check my fan manga :
Son Goku vs Superman: The Clash : http://einstein001.deviantart.com/galle ... -The-Clash

Einstein001
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Einstein001 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:20 pm

Pages from 113-121 :)
Son Goku vs Superman: The Clash : http://einstein001.deviantart.com/galle ... -The-Clash

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:50 pm

For people who don't know, this comic is kinda dead til he gets a new tablet or something. Since I think he said he doesn't have the funds...well....indefinite hiatus.

http://einstein001.deviantart.com/art/V ... -519336471
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

GS7X7
Advanced Regular

Post by GS7X7 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:22 am

How much would a tablet cost anyway? I wouldn't object to possibly donating.

"That is very kind of you and I appreciate it, but I don't think I can ask people to send me their hardly earned money for me... : )
You know - I'm very modest : )"

Hey, never look a gift horse in the mouth man! You don't have to ask if they're already offering on their own. ;)

Me- "Also, before anyone mentions it, Schemmel's interview was from nearly 15 years ago. He paid a brief visit to Kanzenshuu's forums a few years back and earned legendary respect that cancels out anything he said from that long ago. :D"

Einstein001
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Einstein001 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:09 pm

GS7X7 wrote:How much would a tablet cost anyway? I wouldn't object to possibly donating.

"That is very kind of you and I appreciate it, but I don't think I can ask people to send me their hardly earned money for me... : )
You know - I'm very modest : )"

Hey, never look a gift horse in the mouth man! You don't have to ask if they're already offering on their own. ;)
Thank you very much for that and thank you for supporting my work aswell. I didn't have many viewers like Malik or other great artists but at least I can tell that I had those awesome and loyal viewers like @dbzfan7 and you @GS7X7 that keep me motivating to finish my fan manga.
And about your question - I bought my Wacom tablet for around $100 and I just can't afford spending another $100 :/
Yeah I thought about donations but even If I wanted to do it I don't know how. Someone said on comments that I should do gorefund me with a video. I checked this page and it seems that people got a lot more noble and more interesting things to get money for than me - average artist that just wants to finish his story.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:30 pm

There's no rush. Save money for a time and you will get a tablet and finish your story. I like it, btw.

GS7X7
Advanced Regular

Post by GS7X7 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:40 pm

Any update on what's going on? I do hope the project finishes. :)

Einstein001
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Einstein001 » Fri May 15, 2015 12:08 pm

Yep, the project continues. I was finally able to collect all the money needed to buy a new tablet.
So far there are 136 pages uploaded on my deviantart. I don't want to add 15 remaining pages here, because don't want to annoy members here ^^

Also I'm trying to redraw 70% of pages. The scheme presents like this: Every 3-4 new pages I'm adding two redrawn pages with the comparison of how did my style changed.
So if anyone wants to read it I invite you to my deviantart (direct link: http://einstein001.deviantart.com/galle ... -The-Clash) and be sure to leave your opinions, criticism, thoughts etc. Thanks! :)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri May 15, 2015 1:23 pm

I hope you do finish this comic. I do think it's a decent crossover fan fic in my opinion.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

GS7X7
Advanced Regular

Post by GS7X7 » Thu May 21, 2015 11:03 pm

Einstein001 wrote:Yep, the project continues. I was finally able to collect all the money needed to buy a new tablet.
So far there are 136 pages uploaded on my deviantart. I don't want to add 15 remaining pages here, because don't want to annoy members here ^^

Also I'm trying to redraw 70% of pages. The scheme presents like this: Every 3-4 new pages I'm adding two redrawn pages with the comparison of how did my style changed.
So if anyone wants to read it I invite you to my deviantart (direct link: http://einstein001.deviantart.com/galle ... -The-Clash) and be sure to leave your opinions, criticism, thoughts etc. Thanks! :)
Wow your artwork's really improved! Not bashing on it, I always liked it before, but it's gotten even better! :D

Imo, why not finish the comic and then go back and remaster it from the start? I kinda want to see how the story ends, you stopped at a great cliffhanger!

Einstein001
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Einstein001 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:31 am

Thank you guys. Just wanted to inform you that this comic is slowly coming to the end :)

Einstein001
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Einstein001 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:09 am

I don't think anyone here cares anymore, but the story is finished.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:29 pm

I believe that people are still interested. This is a good fan comic.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:06 pm

Wow, didn't realize this comic was finished now! I guess I hadn't been keeping up with it since it moved from "updates posted here" to only on DeviantArt.

Anyway: this has got to be about the only good thing to ever come out of the "Goku vs. Superman" concept.

It actually has a reason for them to fight in the first place, and actually feels like what would probably happen if a real crossover existed (I mean really, only ridiculous fanboys would end this kind of crossover with "character X kills character Y because character X is the one I like more, the end! oh what's that, that's completely out of character? who cares!"... if Toei/Toriyama and DC actually did a Dragonball/Superman crossover you know they'd end up on the same side against some common enemy instead.) I was kinda expecting Super Saiyan 2 to turn up rather than the Spirit Bomb considering the "between Cell and Buu" timeline and how Goku never got a "first ever SSj2 transformation" on-screen, but the Spirit Bomb makes sense, especially considering that there's a stored pile of massive amounts of Goku's own energy sitting around for him to rapidly draw a bunch of energy from without the need for getting anyone to raise their hands.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:44 pm

Einstein001 wrote:I don't think anyone here cares anymore, but the story is finished.
Don't say that, I know quite a few people care. I've gotta say, I only got into this recently but it's definitely one of the better fan mangas, it's a shame it's finished. Anyway, I hope to see another DB fan manga by you. :)
Last edited by Sora Saiyan on Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

GS7X7
Advanced Regular

Post by GS7X7 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:05 am

Awesome comic, thanks for sharing!

Great ending too! :)

Einstein001
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Einstein001 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:42 am

Hello everyone!
It's been awhile since I've posted here. I'm still working on this fan comic ;D
So far I've redrawn over 100 first pages. They are still not perfect but at least they don't look that bad as they used to. I've removed few parts that were unimportant and confusing for those who don't know exactly Superman's background. Also added more details on some of the parts of the story :)
Besides redrawing, I really got into coloring and so far I coloured almost full chapter 5!

Here are few examples:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

So be sure to check again and give me a feedback!

http://einstein001.deviantart.com/galle ... -The-Clash