Movie 13 on Cartoon Network tonight (discussion thread)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Movie 13 on Cartoon Network tonight (discussion thread)

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:14 pm

Just a reminder, DBZ movie 13: Wrath of the Dragon is on Cartoon Network's Toonami block tonight for all us fans in the United States. Not sure if many of you remember, but for those of you who haven't gotten the DVD or held off watching the dub on your copy, this is your chance to give it a crack. Also, it doesn't look like there'll be any edits considering...well, there's nothing controversial in this movie (no Dictator of ambiguous intentions, no Romeo and Juliet, etc.).
14 years later

future_trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by future_trunks » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:18 pm

Great just great, when I can finally watch the movie I have a basketball game :x

Sounds good though, and at least they cant cut huge stuff out for controveries like they did for Movie 12.
Cuz you're an ocean, you're an ocean, settle down settle down what's the commotion?

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:24 pm

I'm going to try predicting what scenes will be cut and there is a slight chance Hoi's death will be the only one. For those who haven't see the movie yet, enjoy but remember it isn't the same thing. For those who have seen movie 13 already, pay attention to how the little things keep the movie together. It is very crucial to a certain dub project going on. 9:30 EST (Good Time). I'll post with a "review" once its on, that is, if I have time to catch it -_-
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Payne222
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Payne222 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:27 pm

Haha.
Set your VCR timer to record it while you gone...or buy it.
「あの地球人のように?・・・クリリンのことか・・・クリリンのことか————っ!!!!!!」

「オレは地球からきさまをたおすためにやってきたサイヤ人・・・おだやかな心をもちながらはげしい怒りによって目覚めた伝説の戦士・・・超サイヤ人孫悟空だ!!!!!」

Gokuden553
Banned

Re: Movie 13 on Cartoon Network tonight (discussion thread)

Post by Gokuden553 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:23 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:Just a reminder, DBZ movie 13: Wrath of the Dragon is on Cartoon Network's Toonami block tonight for all us fans in the United States. Not sure if many of you remember, but for those of you who haven't gotten the DVD or held off watching the dub on your copy, this is your chance to give it a crack. Also, it doesn't look like there'll be any edits considering...well, there's nothing controversial in this movie (no Dictator of ambiguous intentions, no Romeo and Juliet, etc.).
What about the scene where Trunks cuts off Hyruledigarn's (Gahh that dub name confuses me) tail and the scene where he coughs up yellow slime afterwards.

Payne222
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Payne222 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:25 pm

What about the scene where Trunks cuts off Hyruledigarn's (Gahh that dub name confuses me) tail and the scene where he coughs up yellow slime afterwards.
Haha, Ah~~~. Good times, good times...
(^^)

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:35 pm

They changed Tapion's song and I walked away.
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Goshin

Post by Goshin » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:38 pm

well, they showed hildegarn get his tail get cut off, and him coughing up blood. they also showed hoi get trampled and they actually didn't change the color of amster roshi's beer at the barabeque which i found surprising. :o overall, i guess the edited version was all right, but i really hate funi's version of this movie. the whole "intolerance" thing with bulma killed it :roll:

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:39 pm

Mr.Piccolo wrote:They changed Tapion's song and I walked away.
-Rick
Hahaha, I love you.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:50 pm

Goshin wrote:well, they showed hildegarn get his tail get cut off, and him coughing up blood. they also showed hoi get trampled and they actually didn't change the color of amster roshi's beer at the barabeque which i found surprising. :o overall, i guess the edited version was all right, but i really hate funi's version of this movie. the whole "intolerance" thing with bulma killed it :roll:
Funny thing is, there was no edit-version release of movie 13. The movie was Uncut, at least from FUNi's Uncut dub anyway. The only alterations seemed to be at Cartoon Network's hand; the footage had been slightly zoomed-in from what we see on the DVD, and the ending credit sequence was sped up, making out a very confusing audio track to match with the video segment-recap.
14 years later

Gokuden553
Banned

Post by Gokuden553 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:36 am

Goshin wrote:well, they showed hildegarn get his tail get cut off, and him coughing up blood. they also showed hoi get trampled and they actually didn't change the color of amster roshi's beer at the barabeque which i found surprising. :o overall, i guess the edited version was all right, but i really hate funi's version of this movie. the whole "intolerance" thing with bulma killed it :roll:
Since it was only slime and not blood, I guess it was ok to show it on T.V.

future_trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by future_trunks » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:42 am

Mr.Piccolo wrote:They changed Tapion's song and I walked away.
-Rick
Very suave Rick, very suave.(Yay I learned a new word today!!!)
Payne222 wrote:Haha.
Set your VCR timer to record it while you gone
I would have but it was TV edited so I didn't want to miss something from it thats in the uncut version.
Cuz you're an ocean, you're an ocean, settle down settle down what's the commotion?

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:08 am

future_trunks wrote:I would have but it was TV edited so I didn't want to miss something from it thats in the uncut version.
There was nothing edited in the airing, I saw the whole thing and have my DVD copy to compare it to, believe me. It was no more edited than the Ultimate Uncut episodes. Read my above post.
14 years later

Payne222
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Payne222 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:10 am

I still like the first version I saw in Japanese when I was 6 or 7 better. Good times, good times...

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:50 am

Goshin wrote:the whole "intolerance" thing with bulma killed it :roll:
That's the THIRD time I've heard someone complain about that ONE line. Seriously, what's the problem with it? It makes SENSE.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:52 am

Kirbopher wrote:
That's the THIRD time I've heard someone complain about that ONE line. Seriously, what's the problem with it? It makes SENSE.
What's the line?

DaftBrian

Major Theory

Post by DaftBrian » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:04 am

My Theory on the movies, are really "what if" kind of movies. Like for example, if Goku's Spirit bomb has actually killed Frieza, thats how we get the Cooler movies. Anyway, they usually seem to be original in this creation of this time line. However, this movie feels like the Buu saga. Dark Wizard releases bad guy from imprisonment. Guy with Mohawk tries to stop it again after a 1000 years. At least Movies 3 and 12 were original.
"Every time you cry, I laugh a little more"

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:06 am

Rocketman wrote:
Kirbopher wrote:
What's the line?
Tapion tells Bulma about how the "Kash-Var" view themselves as the superior race of the universe, and how they wish to wipe out all others to make the world their own. She responds with "Just when you thought intolerance couldn't get any worse than it is..."

SuperFusion
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperFusion » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:38 am

I liked the dub. Although some lines seemed lame (hell, even in the japanese version there are some), it was enjoyable. Though the movie itself wasn't all that impressive.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:15 am

About how long was movie 13 again? Because I know that movie 12 was about the same length as World's Strongestand thus the hour long block with commercials wasn't enough so they did time edits. Had it been a 90 minute block I think they would have cut less. That or CN really wanted to show One Piece.