Songs you adored from the Japanese Version.

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Songs you adored from the Japanese Version.

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue May 26, 2015 10:17 pm

And this distintion is to keep arguments about what is best. Just plain gushing about songs in the Japanese version. I can make one for the dub if that's fine with the mods. Also to keep this from being just a list fest you can only gush about one song in one post.

Aitsu Wa Son Gokuu (He is Son Goku)

God this is just epic. Its so sad it was NEVER used in the actual anime or even any of the movies. This definitely will please about anyone, especially if you feel that Kikuchi is boring (Which I do understand, although I adore it) or the theme songs being too pop-y (Thing I most behemently disagree,). Toei sure had the right idea when they had Hironobu Kageyama come and sing for the show. I wish to see more epic Kageyama songs. Or failing that, more singing by Tohru Furuya.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Songs you adored from the Japanese Version.

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue May 26, 2015 10:20 pm

Shouldn't this be in the Music forum?

As I haven't actually seen much of the Japanese version yet, I'm going with the music that plays at the very beginning of SSJ God Goku's fight with Beerus.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue May 26, 2015 10:26 pm

Vegeta's Cooking Hell. :3
That song could've easily been a part of a musical episode/special. Horikawa takes Vegeta all over the place in that song. X3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Tue May 26, 2015 10:28 pm

To be totally truthful, there is only one song in the entire Japanese version that I've come across that I don't care for. I know this is a thread about songs that I adore from the Japanese version, but the honest answer is that I adore all of them, and have a ton of them on my iPod....except for.....

"Detekoi Tobikiri Zenkai Power."

I know this song has its fans, but I'm sorry to say I'm not one of them. It's just a little too silly and abstract, both in terms of lyrics and in terms of the singing itself. It's also my least favorite of the ending themes...so, rather fittingly, my most favorite ending theme is the one that comes immediately after it: "We Were Angels." LOVE that song!

Matter of fact, while I do love all the songs, I love all the Hironobu Kageyama ones a bit more...I don't know what it is, but there's just such a palpable enthusiasm in everything that man sings.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

SuicidalZerg
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuicidalZerg » Tue May 26, 2015 10:32 pm

"Welcome Home, MY BOY" by Chiho, from Hit Song Collection 9... The melody is awesome... according to my media player I've listened to it at least 370 times... not counting at work... or on my phone... driving in my car... o_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyL5L5maBXM
Nozawaberries commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdqta3iB6ZM

Twitch stream: http://www.twitch.tv/suicidalzerg
Planet Minecraft skins: http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/son_gohan/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SC2SuicidalZerg
NA Battle tag: SuicidalZerg.158
MC username: SuicidalZerg

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Tue May 26, 2015 10:41 pm

We Gotta Power from the original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSOjj8Q_9b4

One Hit to Victory from Kai (I don't think the U.S. release ever got this song):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OocRZbZ ... E4520C6D66

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Tue May 26, 2015 10:50 pm

LuckyCat wrote:One Hit to Victory from Kai (I don't think the U.S. release ever got this song):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OocRZbZ ... E4520C6D66
That's quite good, but as with anything Yamamoto composed, I have to wonder--is it taken from something else?
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:03 pm

Again, not more than one per post or just links, gush your love darn it! Or else this thread is just a reduntant linking fest which doesnt really lend itself to any sort of actual discussion.

Anyway... ROUGA FUU FUU KEN!

Or its real name Wolf Hurricane.

God this song REALLY goes for the early Kung Fu Movie/Ancient Chinese Legend feel Toriyama intended while being such a ROCKING AWESOME SONG. And not just that, the lyrics are HILARIOUS. No, really. The song seems to the non-Japanese speaker like a cool ode to Yamcha while its very far from that. Its about how Yamcha is this cool sweet kinda guy who fears girls. LOOOL. It fits Yamcha really well and its awesome in its dorky kind of way. AND it played during one of his truly finest moments in the Budokai Tenkaichi.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:05 pm

Mind Power... Ki:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4v9XIi674I

Unmei No Hi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfyeud94JnQ

Ore ga Yaranakya Dare ga Yaru:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsdEdlmQoNc

Saikyo No Fusion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoJhBCysp_I

Dunno if we can include game songs, but I love Biggest Fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcGndttTxuk

We Gotta Power (don't think this needs a link)
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:21 pm

None of those songs do! They need some commentary! Why you like it. And you cant just like post 4.

I'm starting to feel this thread is pointless. There's no actual discussion, just mass linking.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:33 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:None of those songs do! They need some commentary! Why you like it. And you cant just like post 4.

I'm starting to feel this thread is pointless. There's no actual discussion, just mass linking.
Oh, okay. I misread.

So for my one song, I pick Mind Power... Ki (link above). I like how the sound/beat (idk about lyrics...Japanese lyrics in anime songs are weird) captures the somberness of Trunks' grim reality. Also, I love the scene it plays in; it's depressing and something you just will not see in modern DBZ.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

GS7X7
Advanced Regular

Post by GS7X7 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:39 pm

"Hero Now" or whatever plays during movie 6's credit. It's pure epicness magnified.

Movie 6 had one of the best DBZ dubs! As nitpicky as I was back in the day there was little wrong with the dub, though the lack of that one song there was prob. the biggest thing. I hope someday it gets a dual-audio release. :)
Sean Schemmel is THE MAN! :)

Me- "Also, before anyone mentions it, Schemmel's interview was from nearly 15 years ago. He paid a brief visit to Kanzenshuu's forums a few years back and earned legendary respect that cancels out anything he said from that long ago. :D"

BojGrass
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BojGrass » Wed May 27, 2015 1:08 am

I have no idea what it's real name is. I always called it Machine Gun Down. It's the fourth ending of GT. I can respect songs that thrash and bang and don't have an ounce of breathing room. It takes energy to play those kinds of songs and/or that type of music, but this one doesn't have a single note that's out of place. All the instrument fills, or what few there are, stay out of the vocalist's way, and then you've got the crunchy electric guitars playing some rhythm as a nice contrast to everything else going on, a pretty epic, but quick and to the point, and on top of that the drums sound as big as a house. I realize this isn't the reason many people like a song, but I like to get down into the technical things of a production and arrangement.

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Wed May 27, 2015 2:45 am

Most of the insert songs from the original DB are absolutely charming and I love them, especially Mezaze Tenkaichi.

I own the 2005 Makafushigi Adventure OST that includes the 2005 rerecording of Mezaze Tenkaichi and I love to blast that in the car on the way to work.
BojGrass wrote:I have no idea what it's real name is. I always called it Machine Gun Down. It's the fourth ending of GT.
"Sabitsuita Machine Gun de Ima wo Uchinukou" or "Let's Burst through the moment with a rusty machine gun"
"FUNi should take [DBZ] out behind the woodshed, give it one last treat, then blow its f%#@$ng brains out before it attacks the baby again." ~Rocketman

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed May 27, 2015 8:10 am

I don't think I can pick a favourite out of such a good soundtrack, so I'll just go to the one I remembered the first. I really like Wolf Hurricane. It really fits Yamcha well, and respects a character a whole lot more than the show does.

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Wed May 27, 2015 9:03 am

From Z: Unmei no hi, Hikari no Will Power, and the Genkidama theme.

From GT: Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku, All the endings (even though I'm in loved with "Don't you See"), and every Dan Dan remix during the series.
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

Avery
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avery » Wed May 27, 2015 10:40 am

The song that plays when Gohan turns SSJ2 for the first time.
Just watched that scene for the 68th time. Damn I need the full version...
An angry Final Fantasy fan wrote: And after all the outrage, when I'm ready, I'll go out on to GameStop and buy a Persona 5 copy. And when my mother finds me investing my precious time trying to bond with this hot anime girl, I'll look straight into her eyes and say "but have you looked at the menu screen? have you actually seen the menu screen? In that very moment, she knows. She fucking knows. As she handles me the nugget pieces she previously cooked for me, she leaves my room with these words: "Persona 5 is the true savior of the JRPG".
VegettoEX wrote: In a blunt nutshell, no-one wants to read bullshit. Don't post bullshit. Be a cool person that posts cool things that other people would actually want to read. Don't be Zamasu from episode 63 talking to himself.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed May 27, 2015 11:30 am

I'm rather fond of a lot of the songs, but two come to mind easily as my favorites.

Makafushigi Adventure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtaNFUr89qY

Mezase Tenkaichi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhScFOYNEoM

I don't know what it is about Takahashi's songs compared to Kageyama's, but I just enjoy them so, so much more than I do any of the latter's. The first song just gets me drastically pumped for all things Dragon Ball, making me think back to the entire 'mystical adventure' that the entire storyline is. For the second song, it's not only just an awesome song, but it's perfectly representative of one of the most iconic areas of the series - the Tenkaichi Budokai. How this song wasn't re-used as an insert song in the tournament material of the Boo arc is beyond me.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 27, 2015 11:51 am

Sanjou!! Ginyu Tokusentai!!

Hands down the best thing to come out of Kai. It's so deliciously hammy, addictive and awesome. It fits the Ginyu Force perfectly. 8)
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.