Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:18 am

Tangentially related question, because I'm not sure if someone was trying to troll me or not:
I posted the Gokû comic with source listed to tumblr, person reblogs it saying as though they speak for the artist that it doesn't matter if you source, that no one is allowed to post that person's art outside of the artist themself and that that person clearly says so on their blog. I click the link to the blog and see no warnings, or Dragon Ball art, only Sonic art and text in Japanese. I've never heard of this artist before I saw Julian retweet the art on twitter. Is there an actual rule or is this person just really protective of this artist? Does that mean Julian isn't allowed to retweet that art either?

It weirded me out and I just want to know if this is an actual rule or not. I've never heard of anything like this before.

Edit: I looked though the guidelines and it looks like as long as you source it's good. It's not like this person even gave me a link to an identical post on tumblr. I scrolled that blog they linked to a long time and didn't see any Dragon Ball art at all.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:44 am

This is indeed a thing. Especially for Pixiv, where it is actually against the rules to share the artist's work by any means other than using the site's provided share methods. And if the artist has turned off the share feature, well...that's obvious they don't want their work posted elsewhere.

I assume some other circles may follow the same rules and expect others to follow the same. For instance, with the Twitter example, they might be okay with you retweeting the image because it's still their original tweet being posted to your profile, but you shouldn't host or post it elsewhere (especially without their permission). This last part is just a guess. It's hard to know the artist's feelings on the matter without asking them, and some people around the web may still get mad if they think you are taking Pixiv works and posting them (even if the artist posted them to another source).
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:57 am

That is a thing, huh. Had no clue. Even though I sourced it, I guess I'll delete it from tumblr then. I don't need random strangers who aren't even the person who drew the art getting upset at me over something like this.

It's a shame, really. Ruins my opinion of the artist. Now I can't enjoy their art at all.

What bothers me most is that this person acted like they spoke for the artist. Sounds unhealthy relationshippy to me. It's different if it's the artist themself and this person clearly thinks their artist is popular enough where everyone knows them. I certainly didn't and I don't want to with how quick their fan was to jump down my throat. I'll be avoiding them and their art from now on.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

VeggieXD
Beyond Newbie

Post by VeggieXD » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:10 pm

DragonFlick Z 2.0 in the works.. if you are a Dragonball Youtuber, feel free to get in touch.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:40 pm

I ain't even sure that would happen. Boo needed his energy restored...but Babidi wasn't here to do that. Only about half was restored when Gohan's ki was given to Boo. Though if Boo was released prematurely...how much power would he really have?
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:42 pm

VeggieXD wrote:
This is the best What-If story of Dragon Ball I have come across so far. This must happen in Xenoverse 2. :P

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:43 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:I ain't even sure that would happen. Boo needed his energy restored...but Babidi wasn't here to do that. Only about half was restored when Gohan's ki was given to Boo. Though if Boo was released prematurely...how much power would he really have?
Kaioshin was afraid of any sudden shock awakening Majin Boo even before the seal had energy.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:45 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:I ain't even sure that would happen. Boo needed his energy restored...but Babidi wasn't here to do that. Only about half was restored when Gohan's ki was given to Boo. Though if Boo was released prematurely...how much power would he really have?
Kaioshin was afraid of any sudden shock awakening Majin Boo even before the seal had energy.
Yeah true, though I wonder how Boo could even be so strong without having been given any energy. Gohan's power is around half of what Boo needed. So before that how much energy did he really have? I could see him being strong enough to do this since even 50,000 is minuscule to SSJ2 Gohan, but that's also minuscule to Kaioshin.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:14 pm

It's a joke. Don't make sense of it. :lol: :roll:

Thought it was hilarious.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:26 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:It's a joke. Don't make sense of it. :lol: :roll:
For us here on Kanzenshuu, everything must make sense. Even jokes.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:35 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
DarkPrince_92 wrote:It's a joke. Don't make sense of it. :lol: :roll:
For us here on Kanzenshuu, everything must make sense. Even jokes.
Well yeah if a joke doesn't make sense objectively...it's usually bad. Jokes are funny because of logic or the absence of logic you find. Though there's also just simple slapstick....though even that needs a set up or else it comes off as random and stupid.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:15 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Well yeah if a joke doesn't make sense objectively...it's usually bad. Jokes are funny because of logic or the absence of logic you find. Though there's also just simple slapstick....though even that needs a set up or else it comes off as random and stupid.
I mean that goes without saying. But the average person that watched DBZ would have thought this was hilarious. But then there's us Kanzenshuu heads that know the show inside and out where if anything is out of place, we won't let it go... :problem:
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:20 pm

:lol: I fucking loved it!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:34 pm

It's hilarious. I don't think it needs to be looked at with any depth, but if we have to...

With a minimalist approach, assume Goku's base get's only x4 from the time he's on Namek with the BP of 3 million to the Buu Arc (half of it from the RoSaT training). That raises him to 12 million, and up to 4.8 billion with the SS3 multiplier. SS3 Goku is in the same relative tier as the fat Buu, and 0.001% of his power (48,000) is still stronger than Vegeta (18,000) and Goku (8,000) as they are in those panels (non-Ozaru or Kaioken). Possible IMO.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:01 pm

Someone in the 2ch thread for Super created a collage of a bunch of Vegeta's "Nanda to?!"/なんだと!?"/"What did you say?!". :3
Source: http://hayabusa6.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ ... 432350464/
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:31 pm

Chuquita wrote:Someone in the 2ch thread for Super created a collage of a bunch of Vegeta's "Nanda to?!"/なんだと!?"/"What did you say?!". :3
Huh. I didn't really notice Vegeta saying that line a many times as he did in the manga beforehand. It's practically his catchphrase. :P

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:34 pm

Chuquita wrote:Someone in the 2ch thread for Super created a collage of a bunch of Vegeta's "Nanda to?!"/なんだと!?"/"What did you say?!". :3
Isn't that just the image made by that user on this site, that had the thread about Vegeta changing slightly personality wise after merging with Goku?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:57 pm

I have no idea. I remember that thread, it could be, but I don't know off hand.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:14 pm

Chuquita wrote:I have no idea. I remember that thread, it could be, but I don't know off hand.
I'm pretty sure it is and have actually found the thread:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =7&t=27546
Unfortunately as you will find out, if you open the link, that one Picture is not showing up, because the tumblr from where it originated got taken Down.
Fortunately I was able to track Down the blog's replacement and here is the post in all its glory: http://oh-the-saiyanity.tumblr.com/post ... n-call-old
As you can see it is the same image.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:50 am

I like all the little Easter eggs in this one.

AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)