"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:02 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:It's purely for Rule Of Cool, and most likely as well, Rule Of Funny.
Now thinking about it, maybe Goku raged because now he has to work as farmer instead of training !
Last edited by Neo-Makaiōshin on Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Lance Freeman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lance Freeman » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:02 pm

OK, so I think I figured out the plot of the series. Goten and Trunks used the Dragon Balls to stay kids forever, and now they have to find a way to get them to their proper ages in time for the end of the series. Also, time travel shenanigans result in GT becoming a potential future like in Xenoverse.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:04 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:The real question is why Goku even needs to transform to farm.
What wrong with Goku bringing in some extra money for the family? I mean, being a Super Saiyan God is not something you would put down on a job application form.
Definitely something you can show in an interview. xD
NeoKING wrote:
But damn, I really do miss those days of Final Bout, The Biggest Fight was probably DB's last greatest intro song since, anything.

Oh yeah, Raging Blast's one was good too.
The Biggest Fight is my favorite, but the Budokai 3 intro song and Super Survivor are also good, imo.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

GeeRod
Beyond Newbie

Post by GeeRod » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:05 pm

Toonami97 wrote:All anyone does is whine
Welcome to the internet. I saw people in the Dragon Ball Super vídeos complaining about the new animation. It's been around since 2008...
English is not my main language. Sorry if I make a mistake.

Piririn
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Piririn » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:07 pm

So much potential, so many possibilities... And this is what they came up with. Kid Trunks and Goten antics, even though they're only a few years away from adulthood. -_-

The cast WASN'T old at the end of Z. Gohan was in his late 20s, Goten and Trunks were in their teens, Goku and Vegeta and Piccolo were unchanged, Pan and Bra were little, Uub and Marron were kids, etc... The only ones who'd gotten oldish were some of the humans.

It looks like it's just a cash grab. Another shoddy rehash of DB cliches like RoF. :(

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:10 pm

Piririn wrote:So much potential, so many possibilities... And this is what they came up with. Kid Trunks and Goten antics, even though they're only a few years away from adulthood. -_-

The cast WASN'T old at the end of Z. Gohan was in his late 20s, Goten and Trunks were in their teens, Goku and Vegeta and Piccolo were unchanged, Pan and Bra were little, Uub and Marron were kids, etc... The only ones who'd gotten oldish were some of the humans.

It looks like it's just a cash grab. Another shoddy rehash of DB cliches like RoF. :(
:o

Pull yourself together, man!

Just a teaser. lol.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:11 pm

People are complaining now, but they will watch every second. I won't jump to any conclusions until i actually see the episodes. Only 3 more weeks everyone!
Hi

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:13 pm

Toonami97 wrote:My only Gripe is that Gohan has let us down ONCE AGAIN!
we don't know that. He may go papa bear and destroy anyone who gets near his little Pan.
Marco Polo wrote:The real question is why Goku even needs to transform to farm.
that darn turnip just won't come out of the ground.
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:13 pm

Piririn wrote:So much potential, so many possibilities... And this is what they came up with. Kid Trunks and Goten antics, even though they're only a few years away from adulthood. -_-

This is just a 15 second sneak peak, I'm sure the actual show will offer WAY more when it comes out. What we've seen are possibly scenes from the 1st episode and 1st episodes to a sequel series usually show where the character's are and what they've been doing. I have high hopes for this series.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:13 pm

First DB series in 18 years and people are whining just because it doesn't take place after EoZ.

Sigh :?

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:13 pm

I stopped caring about age = physicall body appearences since many audio visual media can (ab)use this tropes to get away from that discrepancy, such as Younger Than They Look and Older Than They Look

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:15 pm

It's hard to comment on what-ifs. The show could literally go in any direction - 300 episodes stuck between BOG & ROF or just 5 episodes of that and then skip 50 years into future. We don't know so we can only comment about what was shown in the preview. And what the preview showed was nothing but rehash so how is anyone surprised some people don't like it?

Fingers crossed there's more in the Monday website update because the preview today is literally nothing new
Last edited by Basaku on Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:15 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:I stopped caring about age = physicall body appearences since many audio visual media can (ab)use this tropes to get away from that discrepancy, such as Younger Than They Look and Older Than They Look
Maybe they did actually grow up, but look young
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:17 pm

Birusu16 wrote:First DB series in 18 years and people are whining just because it doesn't take place after EoZ.

Sigh :?
To be fair, that's exactly why they're whining. lol.

Piririn
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Piririn » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:18 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:

:o

Pull yourself together, man!

Just a teaser. lol.
I would, if I was a man. ;)

But my girly girly self can't help but call BS on a teenage Trunks and Goten still looking and acting like they're fresh out of diapers.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:19 pm

While everyone is raging at how this is pre EoZ and Goten and Trunks are still kids (I knew it! :lol: ), I'm here wondering if Beerus personal pronoun would be 'boku' or 'ore'... :think:

Oh, and I think that shot of Beerus and Whis is just a representation of them when someone talks about them, its not actually them having interaction with everyone.

But Yaaay! they're going to appear :mrgreen:
I had my doubts but now I'm so happy :D :D
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:20 pm

Reposting this:
By the way. This is the short version of the trailer, as mentioned by their recent tweet and ANN's article https://twitter.com/DB_super2015/status ... 2353955840
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... deo/.89247

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:22 pm

Beerus-sama wrote:While everyone is raging at how this is pre EoZ and Goten and Trunks are still kids (I knew it! :lol: ), I'm here wondering if Beerus personal pronoun would be 'boku' or 'ore'... :think:

Oh, and I think that shot of Beerus and Whis is just a representation of them when someone talks about them, its not actually them having interaction with everyone.

But Yaaay! they're going to appear :mrgreen:
I had my doubts but now I'm so happy :D :D
It good to know that Beerus-sama will be present in DBS. So much greatness :mrgreen:

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:22 pm

also I wish people quit whining about it. I mean the trailer was only 15 seconds and yet people are saying its f****** nothing :problem:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:24 pm

Yeah people should just go back to whining about the logo....yeah...how dare someone have a problem. What's wrong with those people. All opinions need to be unified into a Dragon Ball Matrix.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!