Episode #0054 (03 December 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZ-Guy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZ-Guy » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:58 pm

Good episode guys! I loved the start when Meri co-operated doing the intro. Jump Ultimate Stars sounds sweet! I'm still playing through the first one (Got it 2 weeks ago) and I'm thinking of picking up Ulitamte Stars for christmas. Just a suggestion: Can you give Ultimate Stars a rating like 8/10 for example or something like that when you review it? :?:

I enjoyed the new additions to the rumor guide! So many silly rumors out there! I actually enjoyed the Ano yo ichi budokai (Or however the hell you spell it) quite a bit. It was better than the Garlic Jr. arc by far and i thought it had some cool points and wasent half bad. Interesting to know all Toriyama did for the anime. Oh, and i absolutely love Mr. Satans voice! It fit him so well and it's so funny! :wink:

The ending with you two trying to imitate Julian and speak Japanese was pure gold! Here's hoping you do that another time! :)
Currently playing: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii), Jump Ultimate Stars (DS).
Currently obsessed with: Death Note, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Busou Renkin

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:05 pm

Hmm, speaking of unfinished sections... have you ever considered finishing the video game guide?

http://www.daizex.com/guides/games/

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:08 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Hmm, speaking of unfinished sections... have you ever considered finishing the video game guide?

http://www.daizex.com/guides/games/
I have, but not as-is right there. That page was mostly for me to start collecting cover-art and release dates :). I have big plans for a future guide, but it's simply too much work that I can't dedicate the time to, at the moment.

I'm also at the point, now, where I *could* cover almost every single last game ever released... x_X;; Gotta get my grubby little hands on the Famicom games, and I'm just about there!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:27 am

Very nice Podcast (as always). I really enjoyed hearing some of the things Filler related that Toriyama-san worked on. Very interesting, always fun to learn new stuff. About the whole Planet Vegeta & Kami thing....perhaps Toriyama said that himself as a precursor to the whole Freeza story. Just my take though.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

DaftBrian

Mike is MIS informed

Post by DaftBrian » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:07 am

Superstars is in America. Its at best buy. They warn you its in Japanese, but other than that, they have it.
"Every time you cry, I laugh a little more"

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:10 am

Huh, I think the most interesting thing for me was that Goku's death rumor. I've never heard that before. And never (even when I originally saw that episode, dubbed, on Cartoon Network in 2000) came to that conclusion. Then does that mean that was paying that close attention? Or was I paying such lack of attention to the show, that I actually missed that (potential) connection completely? You decide, but I'm going to go with the former. (Namely because I was already watching episodes on International Channel at that point, and no pre-adolescent young boy watches a show in a language the can't understand, because they like to let their mind wander.)

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:38 am

Slickmasterfunk wrote:I don't want to be nit picky but I noticed that in your new rumor guide entry regarding Paikuhan you said that Namek is in the galaxy Kaio-Sama governs, the East Galaxy. I'm fairly certain that you mean the North Galaxy.
He just said that Namecc was in the Eastern galaxy, actually. Nothing about Kaiô (who is indeed taking care of the Northern galaxy).
VegettoEX wrote:D'oh! You're right... why'd I say that? x_X;;
Because it's... true?
Well, I'm not 100% sure Namecc is in the Eastern galaxy ('could be the Western one?), but it's definitely not in the Kaiô's Northern one.

On the other hand, I don't believe Toriyama designed the "Saiyans from the past" of episode 17. He designed the "prehistoric-like" one of episode 20, but...

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:00 am

Damn! :x I thought I fixed the problem but as soon as I unplugged the ipod, that same problem happened again!
*retires from the podcast...forevah!*
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Brakus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brakus » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:21 am

Good podcast!

Meri is so not gay. After all, just because she's cute and wears dresses and makeup and enjoys the finer plot points of yaoi, that does not make her gay. (Oh, wait a minute, but Meri hates yaoi.... but she's still not gay.) Mike on the other hand.... well, just mention Frieza in a Japanese context and there you go. Hee hee hee.

Seriously, again, a nice podcast this week. "Z on a DVD dot com." I never knew it could be read like that.

Perhaps you should have liner cards for the outro (the Japanese "See you next time" bit that Julian usually does), considering that you have the liner-card-intro down pat. Not that I think you always read the intro from a liner card, but it's always been the same intro for a long time.
- J

"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. That is the secret of life."
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

DBW
Regular

Re: Episode #0054 (03 December 2006)

Post by DBW » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:31 am

DB_Fan wrote:
Is Shenlong voiced by Daisuke Ghori? Wasn't he voiced by Kenji Utsumi? :?
Uh, yeah...Gouri Daisuke never played Shen Long. I'd say don't trust Anime News Network for their cast credits, but he's not even listed as Shen Long over there. :P

Here's his full Dragon Ball credits:
http://kanzentai.com/guide/cast/bios/gouri_daisuke.html

And yes, Shen Long was voiced by Utsumi Kenji, except for one instance in DBZ episode 193 when he was voiced by Satou Masaharu:
http://kanzentai.com/guide/cast/bios/sa ... aharu.html
The complete DragonBall archive...Believe.
www.kanzentai.com

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:39 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Slickmasterfunk wrote:I don't want to be nit picky but I noticed that in your new rumor guide entry regarding Paikuhan you said that Namek is in the galaxy Kaio-Sama governs, the East Galaxy. I'm fairly certain that you mean the North Galaxy. Just a heads up. Other than that I like'em!
D'oh! You're right... why'd I say that? x_X;;
Wait, wait, did Kaio-sama not state at one point that Planet Namek wasn't in his domain of space?

JAKEMAN
Beyond Newbie

Post by JAKEMAN » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:30 pm

Loved this week's episode, the updated sections are really good too. Thankyou for answering my question, just need to get my passport renewed to get over and try the scouters out :lol:

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:03 pm

The Lecherous Muten Roshi wrote:Wait, wait, did Kaio-sama not state at one point that Planet Namek wasn't in his domain of space?
Yes, he did.
Like I said above, Kaiô is watching over the North galaxy, and that's not where Namecc is.

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Mike is MIS informed

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:04 pm

DaftBrian wrote:Superstars is in America. Its at best buy. They warn you its in Japanese, but other than that, they have it.
It's also at Frys with a little warning sticker that it's in JP, too.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:36 pm

There's a difference between Super Stars and Ultimate Stars. Is the latter showing up in anyone's stores? It's almost impossible for us to even approach the Best Buy area down our way, so I haven't been able to check.

Furthermore, I don't know what the fuck the two of us were on with the Shenlong list addition. Seriously.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DaftBrian

Trade in

Post by DaftBrian » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:26 am

I was in the Best Buy of Salem, NH. I just googled it, and it was the Jump Super Stars, not Ultimate. Guess it was an import or a trade in. I couldn't tell, but they had it.

My bad.

Anyway, loving the podcast as much as people from New Jersey love to ski in their jeans.
"Every time you cry, I laugh a little more"

future_trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by future_trunks » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:51 pm

Wow I just listened to it :shock: I'm really busy nowadays. Great job guys keep it up and all that good stuff.
Cuz you're an ocean, you're an ocean, settle down settle down what's the commotion?

Mystic Jack
Regular

Post by Mystic Jack » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:58 pm

Nice stuff guys! I already knew about that Toriyama/Oda crossover a while ago, I was on a One Piece forum and well... the rest is history. I'm glad what I found wasn't just speculation. :lol: Oh and good to hear you're updating content at last!
Singer, actor, chiropractor!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:15 pm

Look for Episode #0055 of the podcast to be delivered right to your comprutar tomorrow evening.

Heehee, "comprutar".

I have no problem waiting, I was at work all evening today anyways. :3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!