Your DB accessory/weapon of choice?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Your DB accessory/weapon of choice?

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:44 pm

If you could choose one of the following, which would you pick?

- Trunks' sword: If you collect swords, this beauty is one of a kind! If you're interested in extraterrestrials, the blood smeared on it will also help your research!

- 2x scouters : With two of these, you and a friend will have hours of fun gauging power levels, as well as stay in contact pretty much anywhere!

- Saiyan armor: Tired of getting shot at by guns and magnums? Well, not anymore! With this patented armor, no bodily harm will ever come to your torso!

- Blaster: With this, you can finally feel what it's like to shoot energy beams like your favorite heroes. All while going... on a murdering spree!

- Energy drainer: You know that jar with the needle Yamu used on Gohan? Now you can use it on your friends and enemies for hours of fun!

- Flying nimbus: Think you're pure-hearted enough? Well, with this cloud, you'll be able to soar the sky and visit any destination in mere minutes. If not, you can always have a blast calling its name and seeing the fluffy cotton-candy creature descend from above!

- Popo's magic carpet: Bring your girlfriend along and show her the world on this high-flying carpet!

- Frieza's hoverchair: Feeling lazy? Yes? How about important? Also yes? Then why not ride around in this comfortable and luxurious floating chair while your minions do your bidding!

- Dragon radar: Ever wish you could track the dragon balls? Well, you can't because they're not real. But with this device, you can always pretend you could!

- Whis' staff: Curious about...anything? Well, with this staff, you can see the universe unfold before your very eyes!

- Bulma's motorcycle capsule: Ever wanted a motorcyle, but don't know where to put it? Scared it might get stolen if you park it somewhere? Well, this particular one comes stored inside a capsule, capable of being re-stored whenever you're done exploring!

- Power Pole - It's a stick... that gets long. Very long!

- Other (excluding dragon balls and blank capsules)

Personally, I choose the stick.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Re: Your DB accessory/weapon of choice?

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:57 pm

Hover chair. Wish it had a side cart for the biddies lol. I'll get a King Cold sized one so I can bring em along. 8) That's all I need really, feel like flying is too much work. :lol:
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:18 pm

The sword would be alright, but my guess is that Trunks amps it up with his Ki, so it'd be pretty useless for me, it would be just like a normal sword, so I'm not interested. The same with Freeza's hover-chair. It'd be incredibly useful, but it also seems like it's something Freeza uses his telekinesis/Ki for. The Saiyan armor would be cool, but it wouldn't have much practical use. The blaster would be awesome, but even if I can shoot powerful blasts, my body is still human, so if I accidentally kill someone, I'd get arrested/killed in no time. Same with Yamu's energy draining thing. The Kintoun would be an awesome thing to have, but I'm not pure-hearted and I doubt any man who has walked on Earth was. The radar would be useless and there's toy radars out there that are like the 'real' deal anyway. I wouldn't want the motorcycle capsule unless it means I can dump the bike and use the capsule, if not then I doubt it'd be too practical. The Nyoibo is nigh-indestructible and can extend as much as you want to, so it's the perfect weapon, but I'm not going on a murderous rampage any time soon, so I'd rule that out too. I don't know what 'Other' is but it doesn't seem too good either.

So my choice falls on Popo's carpet, the scouters or Whis' staff. I can tell the scouters would be a whole lot of fun, I'd never get bored with that thing. Popo's carpet is a much, much better version of the Kintoun, without the pure-hearted restriction so that's a cool option as well. And Whis' staff seems to get me a job at NASA, not to mention it would also help me satisfy any curiosity of my own, Whis uses it to display flashbacks, uses it for the teleportation and time reversal abilities, so I'll pick that on.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:22 pm

Oh, why aren't capsules on this list? I'd capsule everything from a bowl to a home. That's like the greatest thing ever.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:25 pm

Doctor. wrote: I don't know what 'Other' is but it doesn't seem too good either.
As in any other weapon/accessory I may have missed.
Whis uses it to display flashbacks, uses it for the teleportation and time reversal abilities, so I'll pick that on.
Assume the staff will not grant teleportation, and the time reversal is limited to 3 minutes into the past per day.
Oh, why aren't capsules on this list? I'd capsule everything from a bowl to a home. That's like the greatest thing ever.
It'd likely be everyone's choice. lol.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:33 pm

I was gonna say nyoi-bo, but now that Whis' staff has been mentioned and I realize it's actually a suped-up nyoi-bo + magical google search in terms of looking stuff up, I think I'm gonna pick that. :3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:35 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:As in any other weapon/accessory I may have missed.

Assume the staff will not grant teleportation, and the time reversal is limited to 3 minutes into the past per day.
I was joking :p

That's just playing dirty... I'd still pick it though.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:08 pm

I pick the staff, so much I could do with it.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

sayian_nation_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sayian_nation_ » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:35 pm

Definitely the flying nimbus but I'm not really pure of heart lol I'd have to go with the power pole instead.

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:43 pm

Either Kintoun or Whis' Staff. Probably Kintoun, though; being able to fly through the air on a cloud is very appealing! :P
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:26 am

No mention of Bulma's Shrinking Watch?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:06 am

Probably, kintoun.
Polyphase Avatron wrote:I pick the staff, so much I could do with it.
RIP other people privacy... :P
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:41 pm

The Power Pole. God, I would have so much fun with that. :P

KameRule
Beyond Newbie

Post by KameRule » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:48 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:No mention of Bulma's Shrinking Watch?
What did you have in mind for it? :lol:

I'll take Uranai Baba's crystal ball please. Because unlike Whis' staff, it can actually predict the future to some degree.
Master, the batteries inside your Wii Remote are nearly depleted.

Master, there is a 98% chance that the floor is beneath you.

TheKingOfKamehamehas
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheKingOfKamehamehas » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:33 pm

Of course Mr. Popo's magic carpet.

I can show Princess Jasmine a whole new world on that carpet.
JacobYBM wrote:Art is subjective but boobies are forever.

xmysticgohanx
Regular

Post by xmysticgohanx » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:34 pm

As much as I've always wanted to own a scouter (calibrated so not every I use it on is a 5.0000001, 5.000000010002) you could do so much stuff with Whis' staff :twisted:
Canon is Jaco, Dragon Ball except for EoZ, Dragon Ball Super anime and manga (both are separate canons)
Kai >>> Z
Current Roshi/Kulilin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSJ3 Gotenks

Lex

Post by Lex » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:44 pm

This thread makes me want all of those things to be real so bad :(
I guess I would pick the flying nimbus, but I'm not 100 per cent sure if I would be able to ride it, but I guess no one is as pure as Goku anyways. But it would definitely be cool. My second pick would be Trunk's sword, just because swords are awesome and amazing and pretty.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:27 pm

Whis' staff if it's what grant's Whis' abilities.

Popo's carpet as I can basically go anywhere in the world in a second. It's miles better than Kintoun which I doubt anyone can ride, and the hover chair.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!