"Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butouden" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kizuki
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butouden (3DS)

Post by kizuki » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:26 pm

The code in regards to what, though?

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:41 pm

Demo is up, but I had to manually search it with the search engine for it to pop up. Just use the search bar.

After playing a quick session, I say the game is very nice for a 3DS game, beatufiul sprite work, simple gameplay but it's fast paced. The music is particularily good! I played on the tenkaichi budokai stage and it had a very nice memorable music that's actually kind of moving it reminds me of the classic db era. So I'm looking forward to the full release. the bad thing is that the demo only has 30 uses. I hate that, because I know it might take a while until I can actually get the game :C
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

SSJGBGoku
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJGBGoku » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:01 pm

kizuki wrote:The code in regards to what, though?
The code mike posted on twitter was a way to unlock SSJGSSJ Vegeta in the game (JP version of demo). It doesn't work on NA/EU version as of now.

SSJ3_Zack
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ3_Zack » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:44 pm

I play way too much Smash Bros. I kept inputting Smash attacks whilst playing the demo :lol:. I love the sprites and music. It's a pretty fun game and I've been having a blast playing it so far. Now if I could just pre-order the New 3DS bundle that would be great... Would anyone happen to know when Pre-orders go up for it? I've searched high and low to try and pre-order it.

Edit: Gohan is my favourite character to play as at the moment.
Last edited by SSJ3_Zack on Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:58 pm

Got the demo downloaded, this should be fun to check out later tonight and while at work tomorrow.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:00 pm

It's fun and the 2D sprites are rad. Can you up the difficulty in the full version though? These AI's don't do much, could beat them with my eyes closed.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:14 pm

Now this is the track!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ax7UBd ... iP&index=7

Really, REALLY awesome.

The Time chamber music is really nice too!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNzEvQA ... AhYfnaxZiP
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:21 pm

My fave. Just waiting for those clean rips (or an actual release? please Bamco) of the ost, cause most of the themes are golden.
Still haven't tried the demo yet, but loving all the positive impressions, real shame the full version doesn't include online.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

SSJ3_Zack
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ3_Zack » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:23 pm

Black_Liger wrote:Now this is the track!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ax7UBd ... iP&index=7

Really, REALLY awesome.

The Time chamber music is really nice too!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNzEvQA ... AhYfnaxZiP
The music is fantastic in this game. Definitely a day one purchase for me.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:51 pm

SSJGBGoku wrote:
kizuki wrote:The code in regards to what, though?
The code mike posted on twitter was a way to unlock SSJGSSJ Vegeta in the game (JP version of demo). It doesn't work on NA/EU version as of now.
I wish I'd known that. I spent like 10 minute trying.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Morgil

Post by Morgil » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:56 pm

I just tried the demo, and realized that it only had Japanese voice clips. Please tell me the final version will have English voices. I was really miffed that the last couple of One Piece games didn't utilize the English cast from that show, and i'd hate for the same here. I know some people like the Japanese voices, but I prefer to hear voice clips that I can actually understand. At least have it as an option that you can toggle so people can pick their preferred language.
[url]http://forums.chozosanctuary.com/[/url]

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:57 pm

Morgil wrote:I just tried the demo, and realized that it only had Japanese voice clips. Please tell me the final version will have English voices. I was really miffed that the last couple of One Piece games didn't utilize the English cast from that show, and i'd hate for the same here. I know some people like the Japanese voices, but I prefer to hear voice clips that I can actually understand. At least have it as an option that you can toggle so people can pick their preferred language.
Didn't the same thing happen with the Xenoverse beta?
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Morgil

Post by Morgil » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:02 am

Naruto6583 wrote: Didn't the same thing happen with the Xenoverse beta?
I don't know, I never got that game cuz i still don't have an XBone or PS4 (am chiefly a Nintendo fanboy ;))

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:06 am

Barely any of the Nintendo handheld games that I can remember used the English voices because there was very little point. The amount of voice work in the game is usually miniscule and not really worth the financial investment to pay the actors to come in and record to replace them.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Morgil

Post by Morgil » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:09 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Barely any of the Nintendo handheld games that I can remember used the English voices because there was very little point. The amount of voice work in the game is usually miniscule and not really worth the financial investment to pay the actors to come in and record to replace them.
Well that sucks. Guess I'm gonna be passing on this game, then, just like I passed on those One Piece games.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:21 am

Morgil wrote:Well that sucks. Guess I'm gonna be passing on this game, then, just like I passed on those One Piece games.
The game itself is wonderful. You're missing out on a great gaming experience just because the voices are their original cast. That seems like an awfully minor thing to keep you away.

I mean, Hell. I sat through Sagas which was dub-only.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:10 am

I played the demo and I love it. I've always wanted a Dragon Ball game that looks and plays like this. My only gripe is that it's exclusive to the 3DS, I really wish it was on other consoles because when it comes to fighting games I prefer a TV.

kizuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by kizuki » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:35 am

VegettoEX wrote:
Morgil wrote:Well that sucks. Guess I'm gonna be passing on this game, then, just like I passed on those One Piece games.
The game itself is wonderful. You're missing out on a great gaming experience just because the voices are their original cast. That seems like an awfully minor thing to keep you away.

Yea, there isn't really much talking aside from the menu picking with Goku and when you scroll over the game on the home menu (I can honestly see them taking that out of the final product as it doesn't add anything and can be done without) and pre-battle tiffs between fighters --- and I'm 99% sure most people are button mashing through that and not actually watching it.

If I remember correctly, the story mode is basically like JStars in terms of story "cut scenes". Just the photo of the character and the text. Watch some ShonenGameZ or other YouTube clips of the full Japanese game for a bit, you'll see there is barely any voice acting at all. Save for battle grunts, move names and stuff but I'm not really paying attention to that in a pure fighting based game.

In other news --- Bejita's post game winning laugh = AMAZING.

EDIT ---
Also, has anyone tried to do the online versus mode? I had it set up for a few minutes last night but didn't get anything going. Seems like DP 15, Time 99sec is the default stats to set. I only got to play it for about 20 minutes last night. Sucks that it's got only 30 uses, not sure that it'll last me until October, LOL. On the plus side, I do have a new 3DS XL that I'm using and also a 2DS with a different Nintendo ID, so I can always grab it on there for 60 days of play, haha.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:00 am

VegettoEX wrote:The game itself is wonderful. You're missing out on a great gaming experience just because the voices are their original cast. That seems like an awfully minor thing to keep you away.

While I do agree with your point (though I will miss the bilingual option for audio)...Sagas being dub-only was the absolute least of its problems. That game was not very good.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:51 pm

I`m really enjoying this game, Gohan is my favorite character so far!

But guys... just think... what if...

DRAGON BALL AMIIBO!!