Which sequel you would like to see the most?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Which sequel you would like to see the most?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:38 pm

Out of all the commonly demanded sequels, which one you want to happen the most?

Budokai 4/Burst Limit 2

Outside potentially Burst Limit, the Budokai series never had a serious continuation after the third game. The Shin Budokai were PSP games released on the side and Infinite World was a budget title. Even Burst Limit, the lack of content (and broken ki system) killed it. They all had some share of annoying flaws (Shin Budokai's balance issues, Infinite World's unrelenting learning curve, etc.).. but with a new game they iron out all these from the 4 games.

Budokai Tenkaichi 4

It's no secret BT3 has become the standard for how the majority believe DBZ games should be like. With crazy DBZ-aesthetics, very accessible (and incredibly hard to mast) combat system, and a robust roster of over 150 characters... it's widely considered one of (if not the best) DBZ games. Just how far can it go with a sequel.

Raging Blast 3

Despite not being a huge fan of the Raging Blast series I'll give it credit and say that the second game was slowly, but definitely heading towards the right direction. There was less focus on telling a story that everyone's dog already heard over nine-thousand times before, and it somewhat fixed a problem with Spike games in that characters "play the same". It even ironed out the stiffness from the first game (though it's still not nearly as fluid as BT3).

Xenoverse 2

The most recent mainstream DBZ game and what's more it's developed by Dimps. Upon hearing this fans assploded with excitement especially with Dimps' relatively clean track record regarding DBZ games. It was expected to the turning point for the rot DBZ games had been in for the last 6 or 7 years... and It did live up to the hype... somewhat, at least. Regardless the game shows a lot of potential...

What sequels would definitely NOT happen:

Ultimate Tenkaichi 2

An attempt to address the spamming and mechanic exploit complains of the Raging Blast games but went about it completely the wrong way. Not to mention it tried too many things at once and disappointed in pretty much every regard.

Battle of Z 2

Battle of Z is worthless.

If it's none of the above let me know.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Re: Which sequel you would like to see the most?

Post by InfernalVegito » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:47 pm

If things were really the way I imagine them to be, then either BT4 or RB3. Nothing else interests me much. All I want is just a fast and agile gameplay with lots of characters.

And if none of that, then BT3 HD.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:05 pm

Xenoverse 2 for the sake of continuing the "new" story aspect.

Can I opt for a Raging Blast 3 and Sparking 4 combination? The Sparking series was great in terms of fan service, but the gameplay itself (while having depth) really lacks impact. I remember playing a while back, and the hits don't feel like they actually do anything half the time and your opponent can just attack through them. I'd prefer a hybrid of the Raging Blast engine, with the roster of and graphics more similar to the Sparking series. Basically...I want the Sparking Omega game from that hoax a few years back.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:24 pm

Budokai 4 all the way. Nothing has topped Budokai 3 as of yet (although Infinite World was solid), and I'd love to see Dimps take another shot at a 2D DBZ game.

Shinnin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinnin » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:11 pm

Either Xenoverse 2 or a mix of BT4/RB3 that hopefully doesn't get fucked up.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:11 pm

I would really like to see Budokai 4 but I'm down for almost any kind of sequel as long as it ain't BoZ2 or UT2.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:58 am

I thoroughly enjoyed BoZ and Xeno, and I would love a BT4 (I get that Raging Blast/2 could be considered as sequel, but small roster).

However, for me... Ultimate Mission 3. I would eat that up! As frustrated as I got with the first 2, especially UM2, I would love to get the newly added characters (SS4 Gogeta, SS4 Broly, etc.)
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Darknat
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darknat » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:35 pm

Definetely a new Sparking game would be the best for me. Raging Blast was not a good sequel, and I'm not complaining about the missing characters, but about gameplay itself.

Sparking Meteor did almost everything good in that last game (tournaments were a let down compared to the ones on Neo though). If they used Sparking Meteor basic gameplay, added some new gameplay from Raging Blast (deflecting blasts, Raging Soul and more attacks) and then they added more characters on top of what they already had, that would be the perfect game.

As a second option, I would like a Xenoverse 2. I was dissapointed with the first game, but I can see the engine itself has a lot of potential so they could really do a great game with it.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:05 pm

I am so lame with this, but well, I would love another Legacy of Goku.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:02 pm

Most definitely Budokai 4/Burst Limit 2. These games still had a lot of to build off and it was very fun and competitive against friends.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:20 pm

MCDaveG wrote:I am so lame with this, but well, I would love another Legacy of Goku.
Nah. I'd love another Legacy of Goku game (I just don't see it happening). Maybe a remake/sequel? Ideally I'd like it to cover the whole series, but I wouldn't mind if they just did Z (maybe with DB and GT versions later). Would be great to have LOG with a better story and the updated game engine from later installments. Go up to the new movies/Super, add in the original 13 movies as unlockable side quests? A fan can dream...

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:30 pm

Attack of the Saiyans 2. Which probably would be Attack on Namek. The game is the first game I got a ROM for and download on Desume. Pretty darn good for a DS game.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:14 pm

I have to say I'd rather see a sequel to Sagas than another fighting game. The game had its mountain of issues, but it was conceptually great. A 3D beat em up with 2 player co-op. I'd really love to see a better dev team tackle that and give us a game that lives up to Sagas' potential.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:30 pm

Zephyr wrote:I have to say I'd rather see a sequel to Sagas than another fighting game. The game had its mountain of issues, but it was conceptually great. A 3D beat em up with 2 player co-op. I'd really love to see a better dev team tackle that and give us a game that lives up to Sagas' potential.
I remember when some of us thought that's what Battle of Z might actually be when the demo came out and featured what seemed to be a basic version of that system with the "exploration" for Saibaimen. We ended up quickly disappointed.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind a BETTER remake of Sagas, same as I'd enjoy a return to LOG.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:53 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote: But yeah, I wouldn't mind a BETTER remake of Sagas, same as I'd enjoy a return to LOG.
I certainly wouldn't mind both, really.
I have Sagas for GameCube and I have to say it was wasted potential.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:58 pm

A sequel to Buu's Fury, or a sequel to Attack of the Saiyans. The RPG genre just fits Dragon Ball so well.
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:52 pm

Honestly, Xenoverse was a fantastic first entry compared to... well, literally every other video game sub-franchise in Dragon Ball. It's actually solid and doesn't feel like a half-assed, rushed product (aside from the puzzling lack of playability of certain characters). A sequel, with a new story (maybe something a bit more involved than the first game), new hub, more characters, more CaC options/customization pieces, more missions, etc... and of course, Super content. :P It could be extremely good if done right and with as much fan love as Xenoverse was made with. Like it or not, it was clear they were actually trying for the first time in years.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Kakacarrottop
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakacarrottop » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:09 am

Not sure if it would count as a sequel, but i'd like a Legacy of Goku 1 remake, obviously without all the horrible gameplay and such.

Legendary Super Warriors (the card based game) is also another one i'd love to see remade/remastered.
"I will literally dress as Goku and walk around jumping up and down, pretending to fly, in public if this ever gets an official release"

- ShadowDude112 on Ocean's Kai dub

MajinVegetaSSj6
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaSSj6 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:36 pm

I enjoy Xenoverse, but i would like a Budokai 4 AND a Tenkaichi 4\Raging Blast 3.

Hell, a Budokai 4 with a Cutscene story mode like Budokai 1 with everything from DBZ to DBGT including BOG and FnF would be amazing. With a big roster, great cutscene finishing moves and some extra mode sorta like a Build Up mode from the Final Bout days. Would be a dream come true. Train your fighter beyond his limits!
I remember that on DragonBall Final Bout (ps1) i got my SSj4 Goku at level 250 with a battle power of 33000 and SSj2 Vegeta at level 180. Would love to have something like that.

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:21 pm

A sequel to "Attack of the Saiyans".

The game wasn't the deepest RPG, but it's probably one of the best DB ones. Shame they didn't continue the series, it had incredible potential.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!