Old characters you want to see in Dragon Ball Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Old characters you want to see in Dragon Ball Super?

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 18, 2015 4:11 pm

Vegitofaxx wrote:First off, that Toriyama simply not wanted her in it. And the fact that she is probably one of the most boring characters in the series, with a schtick that gets really old, really fast.
Really? I thought Lunch was one of the better gags Toriyama did in the manga. And I would have loved to see more of her in Z. And hopefully, we'll see her in DBS.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Mon May 18, 2015 4:12 pm

B wrote:Lunch doesn't have an overly-intricate backstory or some complex character arc, but does she need to? Can't some characters just be simple? She's the definition of an auxiliary character; she is never the focus of an arc and any screentime she does get is usually for a laugh. All of her development is in text form or in a video game. Where in the story would you find yourself saying "Too much Lunch"?

Needless to say, I hope she's the first person we see.
I never said she needed an intricate backstory. I'm merely saying, that in my opinion, she is a worthless character. Her only defining characteristic is one that gets old quickly, and what are we left with after that? Nothing. I'm glad we never saw her again.
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Mon May 18, 2015 4:13 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Vegitofaxx wrote:First off, that Toriyama simply not wanted her in it. And the fact that she is probably one of the most boring characters in the series, with a schtick that gets really old, really fast.
Really? I thought Lunch was one of the better gags Toriyama did in the manga. And I would have loved to see more of her in Z. And hopefully, we'll see her in DBS.
Well, humor is ultimately subjective and Lunch was almost never fun to me. But I do have a weird sense of humor, so fair play :D
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon May 18, 2015 4:16 pm

I didn't care for Lunch either. That's not to say I disliked her, she was just, I dunno, kinda there.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:08 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Nah. GT tried to do that and it didn't work well.
GT tried many good things, but did them all badly. :(
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Tue May 19, 2015 2:24 pm

If Lunch appears, i would just like her to be Tien wife. Honestly Tien deserves a wife. :D

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue May 19, 2015 3:46 pm

Oh come on guys! Lunch was the first Super Saiyan character in the series + she had machine guns.
There is no cooler character. I actually liked her in the series and on Tenkaichi Budokais.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Tue May 19, 2015 4:12 pm

MCDaveG wrote:Oh come on guys! Lunch was the first Super Saiyan character in the series + she had machine guns.
There is no cooler character. I actually liked her in the series and on Tenkaichi Budokais.
Thank you! I never realized how much disdain for Lunch. I always really liked her character.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue May 19, 2015 9:38 pm

I want 'em all there. :D
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:48 pm

-Future Trunks (some update on what happened to him would be nice and a role in one of the arcs that was equivalent to his role in Z)
-Android 17 (See him and his family as well as their interactions with Krillin, Android 18 and Marron)
-Tien (Hopefully he can have something to do. After the Cell Saga, one would almost forget he existed.)
-Krillin (Comic relief that needs to stay in place. GT tried ruining him by greatly reducing his role, but it would be great to have the character be a regular as he was in Z)

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:39 am

Hi there, everyone! I'm new to the forums, so I hope we get along. If no one minds me saying the characters I hope to see in Super are:
• Bardock
• Gine
• Tights
• Jaco
• Uub
• Son Goten
• Trunks
• Gotenks
• Tarble
• King Vegeta
• Lazuli
• Lapis
• Lapis' children
• Pan
• Launch/Lunch
I'll admit, there are some GT characters I'd like to see. (Even though the chances of them appearing are unbelievably slim-to-none...)
• The Shadow Dragons (Probably the only villians of GT I want to see return. I feel that they were fitting final villains, just...hopefully they could be just a tad more better executed in story and battle, if that makes any sense. Until about the 4-Star Dragon, they seemed so Monster Of The Week, and Old Kai did mention that overusing the Dragon Balls have would dire consequences, so...)
• Valese/Palace (I don't know about you all, but I actually supported this pairing, and I still do to this day. I just feel like Valese/Palace should have had a bit more screen time, and I was actually hoping that in GT, she would get to meet the Son family. Long story short, I was sort of hoping she wouldn't just be a one-shot character, though it looks like that really WAS the intention for her. By some miracle, maybe they'll re-add her to this series. I know that Goten himself mentioned in either the manga or anime that he had a girlfriend during or after the 10-year time-skip, and there's no real confirmation that it was her, and out of most female Dragon Ball characters, she was one of the couple I actually enjoyed because of how sweet she was.)

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:14 am

I know it will never happen because they'd have to pull a really silly/improbable (gt tier dragon wish, time travel, time reverse, etc) move for it to work (and for what purpose?) but I'd like to see Teen Gohan again. He will always be my favorite character and character design in all of DBZ so it'd be cool to see him again in Super.

some other characters i'd like to see: Android 17, pretty much any character from Jaco, Raditz, and a weird one. I'd like to see Kibito Kai separate and become Supreme Kai once more. I really liked the bantering between Kibito and Supreme Kai did during the buu saga.
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:29 am

It will never happen, but I want to see Shuura again.

Having scenes with the characters in Hell would be nice. The afterlife scenes always seemed so half-hearted in the older series and films. It would be interesting to see Toriyama send in some ideas, though.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:33 am

Kami Sama, lord frieza, the Ginyu force and Ninja Murasaki 8-|

Kakacarrottop
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakacarrottop » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:44 am

Babidi, Pui Pui, Yakon and Dabura
Turles and his crew
Ledgic (in an "ex-bad guy" sort of role)
Pikkon
Princess Snake
Chiaotzu, Yamcha and Tien (2 second cameos don't count)
"I will literally dress as Goku and walk around jumping up and down, pretending to fly, in public if this ever gets an official release"

- ShadowDude112 on Ocean's Kai dub

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:05 pm

I would like to see King Kai return often again. In GT, I felt like Kibitoshin and Elder Kaioshin replace him as the ones who watch over Goku in his battles. I also did like to see Elder Kaioshin and Kibitoshin return too since I do like them as a duo. They where hardly around in Battle of Gods and never shown up in Revival of F.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:08 pm

I want Kid Gohan to return.

"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:16 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:I want Kid Gohan to return.
me too.

I'd laugh and cringe if Super went GT route, instead of Goku getting transformed into the kid, its Gohan
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama

Lapis

Post by Lapis » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:19 am

I would love for Krillin to open a Turtle school and for Tien to revive the Crane school just like this was said to happen in DBO.

I also want to see Piccolo go all out again.(Maybe introduce a new rival for Piccolo)

And last but not least, I just want to see Uub again and how he has developed after living with Goku.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:40 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:I want Kid Gohan to return.

Look at the key visual. Gohan's been reduced to Mr. Satan level of background character. The dream is over.