How did you decide/get your avatar?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ssjvegeta420

Re: How did you decide/get your avatar?

Post by ssjvegeta420 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:55 pm

i really want a avatar but the site doesnt have an option to upload a pic from your pc. it only offers the url link to pic you want, however when i try this option i get the " url is too long message" what can i do? i have plenty ofd awesome dragonball pics that id like to use and its pretty dissappointing to see all the members that have avatars and I'm the only one with a blank for avatar......

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:30 pm

ssjvegeta420 wrote:i really want a avatar but the site doesnt have an option to upload a pic from your pc. it only offers the url link to pic you want, however when i try this option i get the " url is too long message" what can i do? i have plenty ofd awesome dragonball pics that id like to use and its pretty dissappointing to see all the members that have avatars and I'm the only one with a blank for avatar......
Download the pic you want for your avatar, then reupload it on Imgur or something else, and then add the link.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:10 pm

Tian wrote:I decided it because Vegetto is funny.
Now I changed to Soundwave because he is my favourite Decepticon

Hot Rod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hot Rod » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:15 pm

Tian wrote:Now I changed to Soundwave because he is my favourite Decepticon
Tian... Inferior!
Hot Rod... Superior!

:P

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:49 pm

The username that I'm using for pretty much everything now is "Coffee", and the image that I've been using in association with said username is this one. I've been really wanting to change my username here to "Coffee" too, but I haven't had any luck yet... I figured that I might as well use the avatar, though, for the sake of consistency.
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:44 am

Rereading the Pokémon manga, a lot more epic then I remembered. Only problem is that after volume 8 the art kinda fall due to Mato (not that one) had a a serious hand illness and she stopped drawing after that.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:04 pm

Because that 30th anniversary comic was a fun read.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 5&start=40
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:30 pm

I know I'm risking the headache of making it take my rotating avatar when I switch back to it...but I can't not sport newly drawn Katsura Goku for a while.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:38 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I know I'm risking the headache of making it take my rotating avatar when I switch back to it...but I can't not sport newly drawn Katsura Goku for a while.
I love that drawing.

I'm just being a rebel and using the Super Twitter icon for Goku, cause I like it.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:05 am

"You can call me Pollyanna, say I'm crazy as a loon, I believe in sliver linings and that's why I believe in you".
Ninten should be in SSB and I don't see a scarf
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:45 pm

I notice a few people on this website have hentai avatars :lol: . I guess it's fine as long they don't show nipples or any bottom parts.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:00 am

I used to decide before to only have SSj3 Vegeta avatars but i gave up since it's very hard to find of good avatars of him since the form doesn't exist (I regret having his username :( ).Now,i currently have 6 avatars and i decided to rotate them once a week. :thumbup:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:38 am

Because that next episode preview had this amazing mini-sequence where Gokû quickly goes through several degrees of "waku waku" before hitting "dangerously excited". My screenshot's from a few frames shortly before that when he's still at "Gokû's happy to be here."
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:53 pm

S-E-K-K-O B-O-Y-S
石膏!
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:49 am

Cause Ash is better then Red 8)

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:14 am

As i said above,i change my avatar weekly (Every Sunday).So i just changed it now. :)

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:09 pm

It doesn't get any more "epic" that this! :p

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:08 pm

Had to commemorate the momentous occasion of an actual freakin' VegeBul kiss with a celebratory new avatar. Mah forever OTP!

(My husband couldn't understand why I was so happy. "But you've seen plenty of fanart/fanfics/doujinshi where they do way more than just kiss. Why's it such a big deal?" Ugh, he doesn't understand the thrill of seeing it happen in something official.)
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:52 am

While dragging myself through the godawful monotonous process of repairing endless waves of dead links in the wuxia thread (thanks again imgur) I opted to switch avatars (like it really matters in my case) just for the fuck of it.

In the spirit of the aforementioned thread, I went with Ariel Lin's Huang Rong from the 2008 Legend of the Condor Heroes TV series.

So far as (relatively) recent Condor Heroes adaptations go, I actually overall definitely prefer the 2003 series and Zhou Xun's take on the story's principal heroine: it deviates more from the source, but I thought that was kinda welcome for a change as Condor Heroes is (as I talked about in the thread) without a doubt somewhere up there as one of the most heavily re-adapted Wuxia stories of all time. That said though, the more faithful '08 series and Lin's portrayal have their charms also.

Rong'er's as iconic a character as they come in wuxia, and even though on paper Lin's squealy-voiced, doe-eyed, dangerously edging near Moe-esque take on the character should offend every one of my sensibilities, the source material's so untouchably well written and the character gets so damn much in the way of awesome shit to do in just about every single iteration, that at this point she's almost seemingly impervious even to some questionable adaptation choices: Rong'er was always meant to be portrayed as extremely perky and cheerful, but Lin leans on that aspect WAY more than is necessary at times to the point of almost caricaturing her.

But that was kinda the point in my turning my focus a lot more on Rong in general lately in my more recent wuxia binges: I've been on this kick recently of trying to reconnect with some of the (fairly few) "cutesy" things that I at one point or another have actually liked across various forms of media (largely in video games most often, but stuff like this slips in there also).

Though that being said, there ain't a damn thing questionable about this famous fight scene (and the tension-smothered confrontation preceding it), nor Lin's handling of it.

Image Image

Image Image

Kick. Ass. Rong'er's total effortless punking of Yang Kang and the Beggar's Sect is a highlight in just about every version of LOTCH. This one's no exception (and yeah, she did indeed tag Yang Kang with what is technically in DB terms a Jan-Ken/Rock-Paper-Scissors strike in that bottom-left gif).

To flog out an overused analogy, Condor Heroes is sort of like the wuxia equivalent to pizza: even when its not as good as it could be, its still pretty damn good.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:12 am

Because Gokû invading Vegeta's personal space on that couch was surreal. :mrgreen:
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!